Prelude to Weddings

You Look Like My Dad

a/n: right after I posted the last chapter about XiaoDery, SM released the debut of WayV so… who was sobbing in a corner? Yes, me.

 

 

------

 

 

Johnny was checking his lenses when Yuta and Taeyong came into the studio with Jaemin in tow. Johnny smiled as he hugged them and patted Jamein’s shoulder, informing him that Jeno and Renjun were already waiting for him with his usual coffee.

 

“You shouldn’t tolerate Jaemin’s coffee addiction.” Taeyong pouted and Johnny laughed at him.

 

 

“Sorry, you know my coffee fascination.” Johnny replied and Yuta pushed Taeyong towards the changing rooms were they know Doyougn and Sicheng were already waiting.

 

 

“Just on time.” Doyoung greeted them and they noticed that Donghyuck had already set up his make up and brushes.

 

“Are you doing both of our makeups?” Taeyong asked and Donghyuck nodded.

 

 

“It’s not as difficult.” Donghyuck reassured him and then asked them to change into their robes.

 

 

“No monkey business.” Doyoung warned them and the two laughed and went to change.

 

 

Donghyuck worked on Taeyong first and the kid really knew what he was doing, lining the eyes in subtle red that will work well with the clothes Sicheng picked up for him. Taeyong changed into it while Yuta had his make up done, and Kun asked Taeyong to start his solo shots.

 

Johnny told him the concept and Taeyong nodded and posed for Johnny. Jaemin took stolen shots of him and even sent some to Xiaojun who was joining Hendery in picking trash in a local park nearby. Taeyong was a natural and Johnny was glad that he wasn’t having a hard time with him. Taeyong eyes suddenly lit up and Johnny took a shot of it and smirked as Yuta joined them, wearing a similar suit that compliments and contrasts with Taeyong. Since they are going to wear traditional clothes for their ceremony, they decided that they pre-nuptial pictures will feature them in suits.

 

Kun and Ten joined Johnny with their cameras, deciding that several angles and perspectives would be really good, and the three really worked well even if they don’t talk to each other during the shoot.  Yuta was made to pose for his solo shots and Taeyong looked at his husband with light in his eyes and smile on his face. They never had this opportunity back then, never really had the time or resources to do it, so this is really special for them and he was glad their friends were pitching in to make this a reality.

 

 

Johnny called him to join Yuta and as soon as they were in each other’s arms, their smiles never left their faces. The three took shots after shots, some poses were directed while others flowed naturally. It was really a joy for Jaemin to watch his parents do this, and in his heart, he will treasure this for the rest of his life. Xiaojun arrived soon after and he changed into his suit that matched Jaemin. Ten called the teens for their solo shots and both Yuta and Taeyong smiled seeing their twins pose happily like they were never apart from each other.

 

 

“Xiaojun really looks like you.” Yuta remarked and Taeyong kissed his cheek lovingly.

 

 

“as if Jaemin doesn’t look like you.’ Taeyong whispered and they both giggled like they were still in their high school.

 

They joined their sons soon after and the three photographers were delighted to see the brilliant smiles on their faces. It was a picture of perfection and they wouldn’t want to change any of it. The studio was filled with laughter as they continued with the shoot, and the others even joined in to take pictures of themselves candidly during a break. Jackson was kind enough to deliver some food from the restaurant, and he assured his boss that the kitchen was still intact and everything was in its place. Taeyong thanked him and as the group ate, the teens were snapping away and posting it on their SNS.

 

“Is Hendery still grounded?” Taeyong asked Ten who nodded. ‘Sorry about your son getting involved in the mess.” Taeyong apologized but Ten waved him off.

 

 

“I am actually happy that Hendery did that, he can’t be all good you know, and him standing up for Xiaojun just solidified my trust to have them together in the future.” Ten replied and Taeyong binked at him owlishly.

 

 

“You really want them together?” Taeyong asked and Ten nodded.

 

 

“No one better for my baby.” Ten smiled and Taeyong nodded. “Did they tell you yet?” Ten asked and Taeyong shook his head. “Same here, but I know it’s just a matter of time.” Ten shrugged his shoulders and that made Taeyong laugh.

 

 

After the break, The four changed into a different set of clothes and had their make up retouched, and they took more pictures. Taeyong felt really happy as he pulled Yuta close to him and wrap his arms around his husband’s tiny waist. Yuta laughed loudly when Taeyong tickled him, and although Xioajun and Jaemin were enjoying seeing their parents happy, they roll their eyes at them being cheesy.

 

 

“You got to give them this moment, they didn’t really have this for seventeen years.” Renjun said as he massaged Jaemin’s temple.

 

 

“Yeah, they look adorable.” Jeno added and Jaemin just sighed.

 

 

Yuta pushed Taeyong off of him and it offended Taeyong a little, but when Yuta wrapped his hands around his husband’s neck, Taeyong grinned happily and leaned into the touch. Yuta laughed seeing his husband’s satisfied face and Johnny and his husbands took their shots.

 

 

“Don’t over react okay?” Yuta told his husband as they walked back to the waiting room where they knew Xiaojun and Hendery would be waiting.

 

Johnny, Ten and Kun were a few steps in front of them and they all knew what they were going to hear from their sons. Hendery looked really calm as he smiled at the adults that entered the room while Xiaojun was nervous as hell. Yuta smiled at his son to reassure him and the boy smiled a little, he can do this.

 

“So?” Ten asked first and Hendery looked at him and smiled wide.

 

 

“Ever the straightforward.” Johnny chuckled and patted Hendery’s shoulder. “At your own time.” He told his son who nodded.

 

 

“We’re together.” Hendery chirped and Xiaojun gulped as he looked at Taeyong who was staring back at him.

 

 

“Uhm, yeah, we’re boyfriends now.” Xiaojun spoke softly and everyone turned to Taeyong who took a step towards Xiaojun.

 

 

Everyone held their breath as Taeyong approached Xiaojun, but relaxed as the older wrapped his son in warm embrace and kissed his temple. “I’m happy for you.” Taeyong said and Xiaojun smiled wide and hugged his father back.

 

 

Yuta approached Hendery and gave the boy a hug and welcomed him to the family, and then hugged his own son after Taeyong had let him go. They all cheered and it got the attention of others who burst into he room. Once they knew of the occasion, they all hugged and congratulated the two, and just because Taeyong was ecstatic, he invited everyone back to his house for dinner.

 

 

Taeyong, Kun and Jaehyun were the assigned cooks and while Doyoung cn also technically cook, he opted for his husband to pamper him as he made final details with Yuta, Sicheng and Ten for the wedding plans. Taeil opted to sit with Johnny who was checking the pictures that they just took. The teens however, had plans of their own and found themselves locked in Xiaojun’s room, probably to grill them on their relationship. The parents chuckled to themselves, their sons were really mirror images of themselves and they wouldn’t want to change a thing.

 

 

“So have we settled with Red as your motif?” Doyoung asked and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“I love  Taeyong in red.” Yuta confessed and they all sighed.

 

 

“It will be a custom made hanbok and kimono but we have time.” Doyoung uttered. “and the kids?” He asked.

 

“Dark blue.” Yuta answered and Sicheng frowned at him.

 

 

“What are you Kagami and Kuroko?” Sicheng remarked and that made Yuta laugh.

 

 

“As a matter of fact yes. But with Taeyong’s height, he’s more like Akashi.” Yuta replied and they heard Taeyong shout his protest from the kitchen making everyone laugh.

 

“I had marked my favorite ones but of course, the final selection is up to you and Taeyong.” Johnny handed Yuta a flash drive containing the shots and Yuta thanked him for his work. “Hyuck really nailed the makeup, they looked flawless and he highlighted all the right features.” Johnny said and Doyoung smiled wide hearing the compliment.

 

 

“I’m glad we supported him in his passion. He’s really worked hard for it, and I am very proud of what he accomplished so far.” Doyoung replied.

 

 

“You did really well raising him.” Ten added and Doyoung clicked his tongue.

 

 

“You’re praising him because your son is dating him.” Doyoung said snidely and Ten pushed him harshly.

 

 

“I mean it bunny brain.” Ten remarked and Doyoung laughed loudly.

 

 

“I liked Mark and Lucas for Hyuckie.” Doyoung confessed and both Johnny and Ten grinned at him.

 

 

Taeyong called out the kids as soon as they were done cooking and as the kids piled out from Xiaojun’s room, they were grinning like mad men.

 

 

“I don’t like the look on your faces.” Kun remarked, shaking his head and Johnny wrapped his arm around the smaller.

 

 

“It’s just, we had an idea.” Jaemin started and Taeyong raised a brow. “Hear me out.” Jaemin whined and Taeyong sighed but nodded. ‘We want to throw a groom shower!” Jaemin announced and all gave him confused faces.

 

 

“We’re already married.” Yuta replied and Jaemin pouted.

 


“But you didn’t get your wedding ceremony and all that yada yada.” Xiaojun answered his father. “We just want to have you experience it.” Xiaojun pouted and Jaemin did the same.

 

 

“And?” Taeyong asked his sons.

 

 

“It’s going to be PG. We’re just throwing you a party  and maybe drink some apple juice because we’re not allowed alcohol at our age.” Renjun said as he sat next to Jaemin.

 

 

“We’ll play games, and eat, that’s just it.” Hendery said and both Yuta and Taeyong shook their heads, making the teens whine.

 

 

“It doesn’t sound half as bad.” Taeil piped up. “Why not throw all your fathers that party?” Taeil suggested and everyone eyed him. “We didn’t get that when we were married.” Taeil said and Sicheng laughed at his husband.

 


“Are you perhaps jealous?” Sicheng asked and Taeil nodded.

 

 

“Yeah, it would be nice to play a few games and receive inappropriate gifts.’ Taeil said and Johnny gasped next to him.

 

 

“I did not expect you, out of all the people here, to suggest that. Ten could suggest that and I won’t even question his sanity but you Taeil hyung?” Johnny remarked and Taeil looked offended.

 

 

“Hey!” Ten almost threw the fork at his husband.

 

 

“It’s not a bad idea.” Kun spoke and everyone looked at him. “Let’s make it a competition. Team Appa vs Team Papa, just like old times.” Kun suggested and hearing the word competition, everyone was now on board.

 

 

“We’ll definitely beat you.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung laughed at him.

 

 

“you wish.” Doyoung smirked. “bring it.” He said and everyone cheered.

 

 

“We’ll have it by December, our first Christmas party as a complete family.” Jaemin said happily and everyone nodded as they settled down.

 

 

“Thanks Uncle Kun!” Xiaojun hugged the older and he smiled and kissed the younger’s temple.

 

“Of course, I got your backs.” He said and Hendery hugged him as well.

 

 

“I love you baba.” He said and then turned to kiss Ten who he knew would be a little jealous if he didn’t get his kisses.

 

 

----

 

a/n: Wedding will happen by February, and currently it’s September in the timeline.

Just hold on a bit more, we are going to end the series ^^