What Was Dad Like?

You Look Like My Dad

a/n: I know some of you are excited to meet Yutae here but please be patient as I build up the story.

 

 

 

-------

 

 

After dinner, Jaemin had led Xiaojun towards a clearing near the river where a few large smooth rocks were placed for sitting. There was lighting on the area and they sat on the rocks and looked at the serene river.

 

 

“What was dad like?” Jaemin asked and Xiaojun looked at him then nodded.

 

 

“Touchan was strict like a typical Japanese. He got a lot of pride in his roots and he raised me in protocols but he is still flexible when it comes to some of my wants.” Xiaojun started and Jaemin nodded. “He’s always training and travelling when he was in the national team and I could definitely see his determination to be the best version of himself, but despite that, he never really lacked as a father.” Xiaojun said and Jaemin looked at him with wide eyes and longing so he continued.  ‘I was homeschooled during my formative years because Touchan travels a lot and did not want me to be left in daycares. And I guess he wanted me sheltered and protected as much as he can.” Xiaojun smiled as he recalled hos Yuta tried his best to raise a son, being a single father and a top athlete.

 

 

“Did he sing to you?” Jaemin asked and Xiaojun hummed a bit.

 

 

‘He played the piano when I was younger but when I wanted to learn, he forbid me. He really didn’t want me to go to any music related field because it was a waste of time.” Xiaojun sighed and he felt a warm hand on his. He looked  up at Jaemin whi was smiling and he got the courage to tighten his hand around his twin brother. “But sometimes, I could hear him play softly while singing a particular song, I never heard of it even if I tried to research it.” Xiaojun finished. “What about dad?” He asked and Jaemin smiled and looked at the starry sky.

 

 

“Appa is a Korean version of Gordon Ramsay, he is good looking but a fire in the kitchen. He’s a top chef by the way.” Jaemin said and Xiaojun nodded.

 

 

“Am I good looking then?” Xiaojun asked and Jaemin laughed and nodded.

 

 

“Of course, you look like appa, you are handsome!” Jaemin replied.

 

 

“You are too! Especially when you smile, it’s very beautiful just like Touchan’s.” Xiaojun replied and Jaemin grinned at his ego being boosted.

 

 

“Appa is strict, he’s trained me to be the typical Korean who follows traditions and has respect for elders but he also taught me how to cook as this was his source of living.” Jaemin said then turned to Xiaojun. “You weren’t forced to learn football?” Jaemin asked and Xiaojun shook his head.

 

 

“Touchan doesn’t really want to force me into the sport after I sprained my ankle trying.” Xiaojun confessed and Jaemin laughed at that.

 

 

“You’re not athletic are you?” Jaemin asked and Xiaojun nodded. “That’s okay,we have Lucas on our team anyway.” Jaemin shrugged then sighed. “Appa doesn’t really show it often but I am sure he’s lonely. I sometimes find him in one of the studios dancing to a song I haven’t heard of, and it’s amazing how graceful appa dances. I guess after watching him once, I wanted to do the same. But appa forbid me to dance at all.” Jaemin sighed and Renjun pulled him into a side hug.

 

 

“Do you think music is something that made our dads fall out?” Xiaojun asked and Jaemin nodded.

 

 

“Maybe.” Jaemin replied.

 

 

“Oh, I think I recorded Touchan singing once.’ Xiaojun looked for his phone and Jaemin remembered that he too recorded his father dancing.

 

 

Once Xiaojun found the clip, he showed it to Jaemin who smiled seeing the side profile of his birth father but when Yuta started to sing, Jaemin gasped and asked for Xiaojun to pause the video. Jaemin then searched for the video of Taeyong and Xiaojun’s eyes widen at how handsome his father was. JAemin played the video and familiar chords blasted from the speaker while Taeyong danced gracefully to the song.

 

 

“Let’s play it together.” Jaemin suggested and Xiaojun nodded in agreement.

 

Once they put the two videos in sync, their jaws dropped and tears welled on their eyes because what they were seeing are their parents performing an unknown song, a song they now knew could be theirs and theirs alone. Taeyong moved gracefully as Yuta’s voice pierced through the night and they were left crying how perfect together their parents were despite the distance and the long years of separation.

 

 

“They look so perfect for each other.” Jaemin cried and Xiaojun just sobbed as he held his brother, he couldn’t agree more.

 

 

----

 

 

“Where were you?” Renjun asked with a raised brow as Jaemin and Xiaojun entered the cabin while Lucas was about to collapse from heart failure.

 

 

“We were worried!” Lucas shouted and Hendery glared at his brother.

 

 

“Were you crying?” Jeno asked and Jaemin nodded as Xiaojun wanted to shrink.

 

 

“Okay, I guess they need to explain but we need to all calm down and give them space.” Mark said as he handed Xiaojun a bottle of water and Donghyuck handed a water bottle to Jaemin.

 

 

They sat down in the common room and both Xiaojun and Jaemin fiddled with their phones before they set it on the coffee table and played it. The other noticed a man on the piano on Xiaojun’s phone while Taeyong in the studio on Jamein’s phone. The music played on sync and both Yuta and Taeyong sang and danced like they were in the same place, like they were never separated. They gasped and Lucas, being the softy that he was, cried, prompting Donghyuck to hand him tissues while rolling his eyes. Lucas then wrapped his arm around Donghyuck which froze the younger, Mark saw it and scooted closer to Donghyuck and ested his head on the younger’s shoulder, Donghyuck gasped and froze, why was the Seo brothers being intimate with him? He could see Jeno grin at the side but he could care less.

 

“I never heard of this song.” Hendery mused and everyone nodded.

 

 

“I could ask appa, he works in the music industry, he could know the song or at least ask around for it.” Renjun offered.

 

 

“But that would be risky, we might get exposed.” Jeno answered him.

 

 

‘What if our parents get involved in this.” Mark snapped his fingers and straightened up. “Dad is pretty close with Taeyong samchon and he could force samchon to come at the culmination night and not avoid it like he does for the past years.” Mark argued and Lucas nodded.

 

 

“Great idea. Papa can sure sass him and Baba would support Papa if he knew the reason.” Lucas added.

 

 

“but what about Yuta Samchon?” Donghyuck asked and they all were stumped.

 

 

 

“Wait, wasn’t Taeil samchon and Dad close with someone in Busan?” Hendery asked and Renjun nodded.

 

 

“Ji Hansol-ssi?” Renjun asked and Xiaojun gasped.

 

 

“You know Jisol samchon?” Xaojun asked.

 

 

“Depends, does have a son named Jisung?” Renjun asked and Xiaojun nodded. “Great, we know him, Chenle would not stop blabbering about jisung after we visited them four years ago.” Renjun rolled his eyes and everyone grinned.

 

 

“We’ll get your parents back together!” Lucas was positive about it.

 

 

“What if they separated because they don’t love each other?” Jeno asked and Donghyuck threw a pillow at his twin.

 

 

“Obviously they still love each other if they perform such song with passion.” Donghyuck answered.

 

 

“But the song is in English.” Renjun pointed out.

 

 

 

“It means they were afraid to say 8 letters, It’s I love you.” Mark answered and Donghyuck blushed at Mark supporting his theory.

 

 

“Okay, tomorrow we’ll get to work out a plan for this, but for now, let’s all sleep.” Hendery urged them and they all went to their rooms, with Jaemin hugging his brother tightly before they separated.

 

 

“What was that Cas? Why were you hogging Donghyuck?” Mark threw a pillow at his brother.

 

 

“I got overwhelmed okay? It’s not on purpose!” Lucas threw a pillow back.

 

 

“Shut up both of you.” Hendery screamed and glared at the two older brothers. “Can’t you please be man enough and confess to Donghyuck instead of making the boy uncomfortable? He looked like he was going to get sick after the two of you launched yourselves at him!” Hendery shouted and Xiaojun wasn’t sure if he should be in there.

 

 

“Do you both like Donghyuck?” Xiaojun asked and both in question nodded. “I know I at love and stuff but if you continue invading his personal space without notice, it could really make him uncomfortable, or maybe get the wrong idea.” Xiaojun offered and Hendery nodded next to him.

 

 

“He makes sense.” Hendery said and then leaned in to kiss Xiaojun’s cheek making the boy blush. “For the record, I like you.” HE said then went to the bathroom to change, leaving a flustered Xiaojun and a gaping Mark and Lucas.

 

 

‘Damn, maknae scored before us.” Mark laughed and Lucas puled Xiaojun to sit on the bed.

 

 

‘He got that from Papa Ten.” Lucas remarked and Xiaojun blushed harder.

 

 

a/n: I hope you’ll like this and some webs are being weaved.