Clingy

The Wolf [Eunhae]

Hyukjae jumps when he walks out of his bedroom and into the living room to the sight of a grey wolf, twice the size of a normal wolf, curled up on the couch that is way too small for him. Hyukjae lets out a heavy sigh resting one of his hands on his hips, Donghae's ears perk up at the sound before he fully pulls himself up into a sitting position, his front paws pressing into the couch, his back slightly bend over while he turns in Hyukjae's direction.

"Do you have to sleep as a wolf," Hyukjae sputters out closing his eyes and turning away from Donghae.

"It's habit, I didn't exactly have a house," Donghae mutters, Hyukjae's eyes snap open and he turns back quickly to be greeted by human Donghae, "I guess I'm your guard dog?" Donghae says with a small laugh stepping closer to Hyukjae, "I'm here to protect you, a pet wolf is probably the best way to scare people off," Donghae says with a small pout, Hyukjae isn't sure why his heart pounds in his chest from the small action of from the other man, but he wishes he could just ignore it.

"Are you hungry?" Hyukjae asks in a sigh, "I can fix something," Hyukjae gestures towards his kitchen.

"I don't eat," Donghae says brightly, "I can cook though," Donghae sounds a little too excited this early in the morning, it makes Hyukjae a little uncomfortable, but at the same time, he's cute.

"Are you sure you can cook?" Hyukjae hesitates not trusting the odd mystical being he's now stuck with, Donghae nods confidently crossing his arms over his chest, "have at it then," Hyukjae mumbles plopping onto the couch. 


"Why is Heechul after you?" The puppy-eyed man asked Hyukjae while sitting down the food he made in front of him, "it's been bothering me," Donghae admits, Hyukjae lets out a heavy sigh.

"Probably the same reason everyone's after me," Hyukjae says in an almost trance-like voice, "my dad was a powerful man, but not in the most legal ways," Hyukjae rolls his lips together, "he sent my mom to Japan, but I was stupid enough back then to think I was safe enough to stay in Korea, Hyukjae clicks his tongue before the two fall into an awkward silence.

"You're not like your dad though," Donghae says softly finally breaking the silence, "I guess people are as cruel as I've always heard," Donghae says with a sad smile covering his features, "I'm protecting you now, so you have nothing to worry about," Donghae says with a nod of his head.

"How long do these contracts last?" Hyukjae hesitates on asking knowing exactly what that question implies and exactly how these contracts end.

"Six years," Donghae says confidently before slouching forward, "we're stuck together for six years, I won't leave your side for six years," Donghae says with a voice of authority that Hyukjae hadn't expected, Donghae seemed to be a mostly happy-go-lucky type, but he does seem to have his moments where he turns almost unbearably serious, "speaking of contracts, I need to collect Heechul," Donghae trails off getting quieter with each word realizing the fear covering Hyukjae's face.

"I won't let you get hurt," Donghae assures, "I won't let you see things if they make you feel hurt, so I'll come back once I'm done," Donghae says softly smiling to Hyukjae before he pulls himself back to his feet Hyukjae puts his hand over his chest laying on his side against the couch unsure of what to make of the feeling in his chest.

Is Hyukjae afraid of Donghae or is he afraid of Donghae having to deal with Heechul? Obviously, Heechul had wished for something that had turned him into the human-monster that he is now. Whatever the feeling is from, Hyukjae knows that he shouldn't be experiencing it, Donghae isn't a human, he's just doing his job which for the next six years seems to be protecting Hyukjae. In Hyukjae's mind, it seems like a lot of effort for the strange man for one person, but Hyukjae doesn't want to judge his protector too much. Hyukjae just needs to remind himself that he can't open his heart to anyone who smiles at him, he'll just end up hurt again if he does, in six years this will all be over, Hyukjae just wonders if it's worth it. Six years isn't enough time for him to meet and marry someone, have a child, continue his family line in any way so why does he want protection? Hyukjae lets out a heavy sigh now questioning his own motives instead of the wolf he's contracted into protecting him for six years. 


"Why do you look so out of it?" Donghae mumbles resting his hands on his hips standing over Hyukjae, "how long have you been like this?" Donghae asks watching as the other man sits up on the couch, running his hand lazily through his hair.

"How long were you gone?" Hyukjae fires back, Donghae knits his eyebrows together sitting next to him and crossing his arms over his chest, "did you get hurt?" Hyukjae mumbles grabbing Donghae's hand noticing the cuts on the back of it that trail up his arm, Donghae hums softly allowing the other to inspect his wounds.

"I was gone for about two hours I guess, Heechul put up a bit of a fight," Donghae admits, "it's fine though," Donghae says with a nod finally pulling his arm away from Hyukjae's gentle hold, "it'll heal with time," Donghae says before liftinf his other arm to ruffle Hyukjae's hair.

"So you get hurt the same way we do?" Hyukjae asks cautiously Donghae hums and nods in response, "shouldn't we disinfect it then?" Hyukjae mumbles, "I have peroxide," Hyukjae gestures in the direction of his bathroom, Donghae lets out an amused laugh smiling fondly at the other.

"It's fine," Donghae says meekly, "you're too cute, Hyukjae," Donghae says with another laugh.


A'N Hey, sorry this is probably really bad lmao, I'm sick & I've been helping my sister over at Pocket-scenarios on Tumblr it's not gay btw it's straight one-shots from my sister in 2nd person, well there is gg scenarios they're gay. Anyway, I don't want to promo my sister's story I just want to say I'm sorry this probably feels like filler because it is because I need to get to a point where I can progress the story so I just wanted to explain that ^^ Thank you for waiting for me to update. - Gunwoo / Sxng