Sore

The Wolf [Eunhae]

Hyukjae rubs the purple and red mark on his arm, it has been three weeks, the bite doesn't seem to be healing nor does it seem that it is going to stop hurting anytime soon. Hyukjae had decided to do more digging into the legend of the creature he had agreed to make a deal with, there isn't much known about the wolf that he had met, but all he can understand is that the mark leaves a scent that the wolf and similar beings can sense. Hyukjae knows that online sources are not always accurate so he isn't sure whether it is true or not but it intimidates him none-the-less. Hyukjae has heard legends of people messing with the wolf and similar entities and them never being seen alive again after a few years.

Hyukjae just hopes that it works. It isn't that Hyukjae doesn't trust the strange wolf creature that he met, it's just, maybe Hyukjae imagined the whole thing and he's just gone insane the past week and has been wrapping his arm in a bandage for nothing. Hyukjae hasn't seen Siwon since he went through this and he isn't sure if it was worth it after all. Hyukjae jumps at the sound of a knock coming to his door have expecting it to be the wolf coming to take him away already, but instead, it was the one and only Choi Siwon. 

"Did you go see the wolf?" Siwon asks Hyukjae takes in a sharp breath, "did I freak you out?" Siwon says with a laugh, "I was talking about the bite on your arm, Jeongsu has a similar bite," Siwon reminds, "didn't Jeongsu say something about how the wolf sees what a person really wants even if they ask for a wish?" Siwon rambles.

"I never heard that," Hyukjae mumbles letting out a nervous laugh, "I didn't wish for anything important," Hyukjae admits.

"What did you wish for then?" Siwon asks cocking his head to the side, "did you wish for love?" Siwon teases and Hyukjae flinches once more defensively shaking his head no. 


Donghae knows he's taking longer than he usually does to find out his clients really want, but Donghae doesn't hate watching him. Donghae doesn't hate being around Hyukjae, Hyukjae is quite cute in his own ways. Donghae knows that Hyukjae must be getting anxious with Siwon questioning him, but Hyukjae also didn't look too happy to see Siwon considering what his wish was. Donghae thinks that Hyukjae might just want a partner and not specifically Choi Siwon. No matter how Donghae looks at it Siwon just seems like Hyukjae's friend, even listening to the conversation, it doesn't feel like Hyukjae even feels anything for the man. Donghae jumps at a loud sound coming from behind him turning quickly to be greeted by Hyukjae, Donghae had been so lost in his thoughts about what to do with the strange client he hadn't noticed that he had moved to his balcony.

"Who are you?" Hyukjae asks breathily, Donghae manages to change the color of his eyes to match the wolf he usually shows himself as, "what are you doing here?" Hyukjae near whispers leaning against the barrier of his balcony shakily, "I'm not going to die am I?" Hyukjae hesitates looking down at the ground below him.

"Not yet," Donghae mutters moving to lean next to him, "I haven't even granted anything yet," Donghae mutters, "I need to figure out what you really want, it's obviously not what you wished for," Donghae mumbles letting out a heavy sigh, "why do people never know what they want?" Donghae says with a click of his tongue, shaking his head slightly.

"What do you mean?" Hyukjae hesitates slightly, but he finds himself curious to hear more from the odd immortal being he's most-likely sold his soul to.

"You don't want Siwon to love you," Donghae says flatly, "do you just want a companion? Are you lonely? Are you afraid?" Donghae asks cocking his head towards Hyukjae rambling about various other things the man could want instead of his friends romantic interest, "selling your soul for love, it's not uncommon, but it's not what the person really wants once they look deeper," Donghae says softly which earns a nod from the other man.

"How old are you? I know you're immortal, but I'm just curious," Hyukjae inquires looking away from him.

"1986, I'm thirty-one," Donghae says with a small laugh, "I don't know if I'm immortal," Donghae says honestly, "my legend is centuries old, but I think there is more of me or maybe it's a phoenix type situation?" Donghae rambles Hyukjae nods slightly amused by the creatures rambling, he seems like someone Hyukjae would want to be around, "sorry, I don't get to talk much," Donghae says softly letting out a small laugh, dropping his head down, Hyukjae shakes his head in response.

"No, it's fine, I don't know what I want," Hyukjae mumbles rubbing his bitten arm Donghae's follow his eyes to the bite on his arm.

"It'll go away once I figure out your wish," Donghae says with a small nod, "do you have any questions?" Donghae asks sinking his teeth into his bottom lip, "I'll try to clear up anything that I can," Hyukjae nods softly trying to think of any questions he has for the being.

"How does it work? Why do you need to bite me?" Hyukjae inquires Donghae hums in response nodding his head letting out a sigh.

"I don't know, I guess it's instinct for me to bite you, it's like a contract I guess," Donghae explains, "I can track you from it too," Donghae explains trailing off, "I don't know how my powers work, does it hurt?" Donghae asks back referring to the bite mark on Hyukjae's arm.

"It's a little sore, it doesn't hurt though," Hyukjae says shaking his head slightly, "I'll live," Hyukjae says with a small laugh.

"Let's hope it doesn't have to last long," Donghae says with a soft smile.