Introduction

The Wolf [Eunhae]

Donghae is what most might consider being a “shape-shifter” but that title does not exactly fit with what Donghae is. There is more to him besides the ability to change his form. His forms also cannot be anything, he can only exist in certain bodies. Not that any human that passes by him on a regular night would think of him as anything more than a regular human or animal, depending on his form. “Hellhound” is another common term used to describe him, Donghae is much more powerful than any hellhound, hellhounds are mostly mindless and hidden away from humans.

Donghae is also unaware of any weaknesses he may have, unlike most of the mythical creatures he is aware of. Donghae is not aware of what he is, he has no memory of anyone he could consider close to parently in his life. He has only been close enough to one human, an elderly man that taught Donghae how to speak as well as how to behave as a human. Donghae tends to ignore the labels put onto him by humans, if he will be anything, he will be a wolf.

Donghae is pulled from his thoughts in his current bird state when he hears the crunching of leaves under the feet of a man that his head snaps towards upon noticing.

“Are you here?” The voice shakes, “my friend, he told me the legend is real,” his voice fades off close to the end.

Donghae swoops down towards a bush changing his form into the usual wolf that greets the people coming to find him. Donghae sits at a distance away from the scared man his eyes shaking bottom lip quivering slightly while pulled down to a frown. Donghae keeps his gaze locked onto the man tilting his head down.

“My name is Hyukjae,” he gains slightly more confidence, “I want to make someone fall in love with me,” his confidence completely disappears.

Donghae stiffens, he knows that he should never show his human form but he considers it. Donghae stares at the man motionless attempting to convey his thoughts in some way to him.

“I know it’s wrong,” he rushes, “but I just, really need Siwon to love me,” Hyukjae trails off.

Siwon, the name is familiar, Hyukjae had mentioned a friend so he can only assume it is the same Choi Siwon, Donghae had met and scared away. Donghae cannot help but wonder whether Hyukjae’s life is truly worth such a small thing. Donghae can make Siwon fall in love with Hyukjae, yes, but that fulfills his wish and means Hyukjae only has three years to live after, there is no point in wishing for such a thing from a deity. Donghae has never been one to refuse someone so sure of what they want, but Donghae this one time will have to double-check the wish of a person.

“You have to bite me, don’t you?” Hyukjae lets out a dry laugh rolling up his sleeve.

Donghae lunges towards the man snagging his arm while his wolf body pins him not allowing for any chance of an escape.