The First Interview and the Rest Arrive

The Return of Superman: Idols Edition

IMPORTANT NOTE: Mother's simply mean that it is the man who gave birth to them, the mothers have that instinct that bond much like female mothers do but all MOTHERS in this story are MALE.

Once Kangin finally is able to exit the elevator he hears the very familiar sound of crying.

            “Tae, I’m not mad, baby. Come on, you got to get out of the way so they can clean up.” Leeteuk says picking the toddler up with his free arm, Jungkook in his other arm chewing on his sleeve.

            “Jungkook has to be hungry.” Taehyung says.

            “He doesn’t seem to be in much of a hurry to get it though so we can take our time.” Leeteuk says. “No running with the bottle, you could have burned yourself.”

            “I sorry Eomma.” Taehyung says.

            “What happened?” Kangin asks. Jungkook squeals in excitement cooing. “Ah, well, hello there. Are you happy to see Appa?”

            “Taehyung tripped while running with Jungkook’s bottle. It spilled all over.” Leeteuk says.

            “Are you okay?” Jin asks.

            “I am okay, hyung.” Taehyung says smiling. He bounces on Leeteuk’s hip when he sees Jimin. “Jimin!”

            “Is this right? I’m sorry, Kim Kibum has five kids and he’s a single parent?” One of the producers asks.

            “Eh, well…kinda…Shindong helps out as well.” Sungmin says. “But yes he is a single father with five kids.”

            “We are going to need a bigger space if we are going to do a group interview. And we are going to need someone to watch the kids if we decide to interview just the parents.” The director says. “Is there anything you don’t want us to ask him, Kangin-shi?”

            “Sorry, what?” Kangin asks.

            “SeokJin is old enough for us to interview, unless you don’t want us to.” The director says.

            “You can. You…we can’t talk about the custody hearing, the adoption process or his biological mother.” Kangin says.

            “Understood. Do you mind if we interview him now?” The director asks.

            “Can…can I be present?” Kangin asks. He looks at Leeteuk who just shakes his head.

            “Of course.” The director says.

            “Jin! SeokJin!” Kangin calls.

            “You can bring the toy if you’d like.” The director says. Jin smiles gripping the car by the two wheels swinging it between his fingers. “You like Mario huh?”

            “Like is an understatement.” Jin says.

            “Go ahead and sit in the chair.” The director says. Jin climbs onto the chair sitting in it.

            “I’m a real star now, Appa!” Jin says.

            “You sure are.” Kangin says.

            “Alright, we are just going to ask you a few questions, answer them as honestly as you can, however you want to answer.” The director says. Jin nods. The director gives a thumbs up to the camera man. “So, what is your name and how old are you?”

            “I’m Kim SeokJin and I am 8 years old.” Jin says.

            “So you go to school?” The director asks. Jin sighs rolling his eyes.

            “Yeah, I go to school. Not that I want to but Appa says I’m too young to be an actor. I have to wait until I’m 10.” Jin says.

            “So you want to be an actor?” The director asks.

            “Yup! That’s my dream!” Jin says smiling widely.

            “Well I would say you are closer to that dream now.” The director says. “So tell me, who do you like more your Appa or Eomma?” Jin laughs.

            “My Appa! I love Eomma Leeteuk but Appa and I, are a team. We take care of each other and keep each other safe. He’s my best friend in the whole wide world!” Jin says.

            “What do you like to do with your Appa?” The director asks. Jin gasps bouncing up and down on the chair making Kangin chuckle.

            “OH! Uh, video games, we play Mario together. Watching sports and reading books. Dragons vs dragon slayer.” Jin says.

            “What’s your favorite book to read with him?” The director asks.

            “Peter Pan.” Jin says. “I do like to read comics with him sometimes too. He’s really good at reading Death Note.”

            “Do you read anything with your brothers?” The director asks.

            “Yeah! They like the little prince a lot. But I like to read them things like Winnie the Pooh and Aladdin and Pinocchio.”

            “Do you like having brothers?” The director asks.

            “I love it! I remember when I was told I couldn’t wait to be a big brother!” Jin says.

            “Sir, the other families are starting to arrive.” One of the producers says.

            “Alright, that should be enough for now. You did great, Jin.” The director says. “We are going to have to set up somewhere else.”

            “How about the conference room down the hall?” One of the cameramen asks.

            “Should be big enough, sure.” The director says.

 

Meanwhile downstairs the last two families arrive along with their favorite Uncle. Yesung looks stressed as he chases after the running toddler who is trying to open doors to random offices.

            “Kim Jun-myeon!” Yesung screams finally catching him. “You cannot run away from me like that! How many times do I have to tell you how dangerous that is?! You do it again I will be forced to carry you, do you want that?”

            “No, Appa, no.” Jun-Myeon says hugging his leg tightly. Ryeowook rushes over to him holding their youngest son of 7 months, Kyungsoo in his arms. Kibum groans, a whimpering toddler tugging at his leg.

            “Eomma, up! Up.” The toddler whines.

            “Youngjae, I can’t. I already have your brothers.” Kibum says. Youngjae suddenly bursts into tears. Shindong comes up holding out his arms to the two year old in Kibum’s left arm. He giggles going to Shindong happily. “Aish, you are spoiled rotten, Park Lee Youngjae.”

            “It Kim.” Youngjae says.

            “Oh, right. Kim Park Lee Youngjae, sorry.” Kibum corrects.

            “Just Kim, Eomma!” Jaebum shouts at him.

            “That doesn’t seem fair.” Kibum says frowning.

            “It’s what Appa’s wanted.” Jinyoung says.

            “I know, Jinyoung.” Kibum says. “Just doesn’t seem fair to lie about my relationship with them or who they are to you.”

            “But people would use that against you and against them and the companies. We aren’t just close with them, you are too. It was like your second and third home.” Jaebum says. Kibum sighs kissing the top of Jaebum’s head. “I would like to see you have another romantic partner again though.”

            “It’s too soon.” Kibum says.

            “I didn’t say right now, I said again.” Jaebum says. They finally manage to make it to the elevator taking their sweet time getting there. “No, Jinyoung let Yugyeomie push the button.” Yugyeom beams pushing all the buttons on the elevator. “Oh…” Shindong just laughs making the two year old in his arms laugh as well.

            “Yes, isn’t that funny, Mook? Your brother is real funny.” Shindong says tickling Kunpimook’s stomach. “Still not talking, eh?”

            “He talks sometimes at home.” Youngjae says. Once they step out of the elevator the group members and the kids are walking to the conference center.

            “Hey, just in time!” Sungmin says. He grins as the other elevator dings, Henry and Zhou Mi stepping out. “Hoseok was worried you got lost.” Hoseok looks up hearing his name running when he sees the two of them.

            “Appa! Pappy!” Hoseok shrieks.

            “There’s my boy!” Zhou Mi says holding out his arms. Hoseok runs into his arms huffing.

            “Pappy? When is Eomma going to have another baby?” Hoseok asks.

            “You want a sibling?” Henry asks.

            “Everyone here has one.” Hoseok says.

            “You shouldn’t want one just because everyone else does, Hoseok. You should want one because you want to be a big brother and take care of them and be a good hyung.” Henry says. “Is that something you want?”

            “I don’t know…” Hoseok says shrugging.

            “That’s okay.” Zhou Mi says kissing his temple. “It’s okay not to know.”

            “Minnie, what’s going on over there?” Henry asks pointing to Kyuhyun and Siwon who are off to the side talking with the director and the head of the show.

            “I thought I heard them say something about having Changmin on to show what it is like to share custody.” Sungmin says.

            “I’m just saying that…I wouldn’t mind, Kyuhyun. And it could help people, you know?” Siwon says.

            “I know, I’ll call Changmin.” Kyuhyun says.

            “There’s no rush.” The head of the show says. “Talk to him in your own time and bring him down here to talk with us and if he has a partner as well.”

            “Come on, let’s all gather in the conference room.” The director says.