Family Interview

The Return of Superman: Idols Edition

The families were all gathered inside the conference room, the equipment had been moved into the room and they were ready to start filming.

            “Okay, I want the mothers and babies to sit on the ground, Kibum you can sit in a chair on the right.” The director says.

            “But what about Uncle Shindong?” Youngjae asks.

            “I’m an Uncle, silly.” Shindong says booping Youngjae on the nose.

            “But you are pretty active in their life.” Kibum says.

            “But I’m not the parent!” Shindong says. Kibum smiles looking up at him.

            “You are getting there.” Kibum teases.

            “Kibum, how do you say his name?” The director asks.

            “You can just call him Mook or his nickname BamBam.” Kibum says. “But it is pronounced Gam-Pee-Mook.”

            “He’s the only adopted one; we adopted him while we were visiting Thailand.” Kibum says. Jaebum hits Kibum in the arm. “Sorry, I…I adopted him…”

            “Argh, what now?!” The director asks throwing his hands up. “We’ll be right back.”

            “Sure.” Heechul says.

            “Eomma! You can’t keep slipping up like that.” Jaebum says.

            “Gu…guys?” Sungmin says looking down at his phone. “There’s been another article.”

            “Another one?” Kibum asks. “What does it say?”

            “It is speculating that you were somehow intimately involved with……both JYP and Soo Man.” Heechul says.

            “Language!” Kyung-Hoon shouts covering Jimin’s ears.

            “How’d they find out about Soo Man? I mean…we were seen together but we weren’t as friendly as Jinyoung and I were. What do they think we had like some weird or something?” Kibum asks. “It is hard enough losing someone you love but having these rumors it is even harder.” Kibum says. He laughs and smiles when Jinyoung and Jaebum hug him, then the other three join in. Kunpimook looks up at Kibum.

            “I love you.” Kunpimook says in Thai. Kibum gasps picking the toddler up hugging him tightly. He hadn’t been speaking much since his father died. The director comes into the room coming over to Kibum.

            “Okay, so, I just want to say that you don’t have to worry about us address the rumors going around, that is not what our show is about. Our show is about showing what parenthood is about. This is the first time we have had an all idol group on the show and a single parent household. We want to focus on that.” The director says. Yesung chuckles as he watches Jun-myeon kiss his brothers cheek multiple times.

            “You have to sit with Appa.” Yesung says picking the toddler up. Yesung sits on the chair on the far right.

            “I sits with you.” Jun-myeon says nodding.

            “Baekhyun! Baekhyun, come here! Chanyeol! Stop chasing him! Come sit with your brother please.” Siwon pleads with his triplets. Jongdae smiles up at Siwon.

            “Hyung’s! I be the only one on TV!” Jongdae shouts. This catches the attention of Baekhyun who runs over to Siwon.

            “Nuh uh! Dat not fair!” Baekhyun says.

            “Then sit.” Siwon says. Chanyeol runs over to them thinking he’s missing out on something. “At the end, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol slowly climbs up onto Siwon’s lap.

            “Why can’t I be with Eomma?” Chanyeol asks.

            “They want the mothers and babies up front.” Siwon says.

            “I a baby.” Chanyeol says.

            “No, you are a toddler.” Siwon says. “But you will always be our baby.” Siwon adds kissing his head. Chanyeol giggles resting up against Siwon’s chest. Heechul is sitting next to him on his left with Kyung-Hoon and Han Geng behind him on either side, Jimin sitting in his lap. Sungmin was sitting just the right of Siwon, Henry and Zhou Mi behind him, Hoseok sitting in his lap. Donghae and Hyukjae are standing behind the ones seated, Namjoon standing beside Hyukjae and Yoongi is standing next to Donghae. Kangin is standing behind Leeteuk off to the side holding Taehyung, Jin standing to the right of him. Kyuhyun sighs as he bounces his leg up and down trying to calm the fussy baby currently crying.

            “Jongin, you are really fussy right now. What’s going on?” Kyuhyun asks patting his . “Oh, that’s what is wrong. You might need to wait.”

            “Diaper change?” The director asks chuckling. Kyuhyun sighs nodding.

            “It shouldn’t take long.” Kyuhyun says.

            “I help!” Jun-myeon shouts jumping off Yesung’s lap going over to Kyuhyun’s stroller pulling out his diaper bag dragging it over to him. He pulls out a diaper and a bag of wipes and another bag of wipes. “Why do you have two?”

            “Sehun has allergies, he has sensitive skin. I don’t think he’s in need of a change.” Kyuhyun says checking Sehun’s diaper. “Nope, clean and dry.”

            “Does anyone else need a change? Now would be the time to do it.” The director says.

            “He’s starting to get a diaper rash; maybe I should use the other wipes.” Kyuhyun says.

            “He need a paci?” Jun-Myeon asks getting close to Kyuhyun’s face making him chuckle.

            “Yes, there should be one in the pocket.” Kyuhyun says. He winces when Jongin starts to cry harder when he wipes. “I know, baby, I know, it hurts.” He reaches into the bag to grab the baby powder. Jun-myeon turns to look at the three toddlers in Siwon’s arms.

            “Which pacifier is his?” Jun-myeon asks.

            “All of them. Sehun not like them.” Baekhyun says.

            “Which is his favorite?” Jun-myeon asks.

            “Blue dinosaur one!” Jongdae says. Jun-myeon hands the pacifier to Kyuhyun smiling widely.

            “You are a very good helper.” Kyuhyun says.

            “I knows.” Jun-myeon says. He giggles watching as Ryeowook is having a hard time keeping Kyungsoo still. “Brudder! Hold still for Eomma! You can’t be in front of the camera.”

            “Jun-myeon!” Yesung says laughing.

            “Okay, okay, all done.” Ryeowook says. Jun-myeon fixes Kyungsoo’s hair before kissing his cheek again running back over to Yesung.

            “Okay are we all set?” The director asks.

            “All set.” Leeteuk says pushing the diaper bag off to the side.

            “So this is the first time we are having an all idol cast on Return of Superman. It is only fitting for it to be Super Junior. We have all 15 members plus one honorary member and their kids here. If you could introduce yourselves and your families starting with the oldest, mothers.”

            “I’m Park Leeteuk, my husband is Kim Kangin.” Leeteuk says.

            “This is my son, Kim SeokJin. He’s 8 years old.” Kangin says putting his hand on Jin’s head. Jin scoffs trying to get out from under him.

            “The hair, Appa, watch the hair!” Jin says. Leeteuk looks back at Kangin nodding to him.

            “Yeah, watch the hair, Kangin!” Leeteuk says. Jin holds up his hand for a high five, Leeteuk softly patting it.

            “Our middle child, Kim Park Taehyung.” Kangin says. Taehyung waves smiling at the camera. “He’s 2 years old.”

            “And our youngest, Kim Park Jungkook.” Leeteuk says. “He is 4 months old.” Leeteuk says showing Jungkook to the camera.

            “Kim Heechul, my partners Min Kyung-Hoon, and Han Geng.” Heechul says. “And this cutie is Kim Min Han Jimin.”

            “I three!” Jimin shrieks before any of the others could say it. Kyung-Hoon chuckles pinching Jimin’s cheeks.

            “I’m Lee Sungmin; these are my partners, Henry Lau and Zhou Mi. And this is…” Sungmin says. “Well go ahead.”

            “I’m Lee Zhou Lau Hoseok and I am 4 years old.” Hoseok says bowing.

            “I’m Lee Hyukjae; this is my husband Lee Donghae.” Hyukjae says. He sighs as he can hear the boys whisper shouting at each other. Donghae and Hyukjae switch spots, the boys get quiet and confused.

            “This is Lee Namjoon, he is 5 years old.” Donghae says putting his hand on Namjoon’s head. Namjoon just giggles looking up at Donghae.

            “And this is Lee Yoongi, he is 6 years old.” Hyukjae says putting his arm around Yoongi’s shoulder. Yoongi just hugs him tightly around the waist.

            “I’m Kim Ryeowook; this is my husband Kim Yesung.” Ryeowook says.

            “This is our oldest, Kim Jun-myeon.” Yesung says. “He’s 4 years old.” Jun-myeon tries to bury his face in Yesung’s shoulder shy and embarrassed being on camera.

            “And this is our youngest, Kim Kyungsoo, he is 7 months.” Ryeowook says holding Kyungsoo towards the camera.

            “Kim Kibum, I’m currently just a single parent although they have a pretty amazing Uncle that helps out.” Kibum says.

            “I’m Kim Jaebum.” Jaebum says. “I’m 6 years old.”

            “I’m Kim Jinyoung.” Jinyoung says catching himself before he says the other names by mistake. “I’m 5 years old.”

            “This is Kim Youngjae.” Kibum says. Youngjae is currently looking at each of the cameras.

            “Which camera do I look at? There are so many!” Youngjae asks confused. He sighs resting up against Kibum’s chest dramatically. “I give up.”

            “He’s 3 years old.” Kibum says. “This is Kim Kunpimook and he is 2 years old. And the youngest, Kim Yugyeom, 1 year old.”

            “Cho Kyuhyun, my husband Choi Siwon.” Kyuhyun says. “Boys! Behave!” He shouts as he can hear the whining and complaining coming from behind him. “I have an older son named Shim Cho Minseok he’s 8 years old.”

            “Then we have the triplets. They are 2 and a half. Baekhyun is the oldest, then Jongdae, then Chanyeol.” Siwon says holding the three in his lap.

            “Then the twins, Jongin and Sehun.” Kyuhyun says. “They are 6 months; they were delivered by C-Section so they were born at the same time.”

            “Alright, perfect.” The director says. “Do you think we can do an interview with just the parents?”

            “Who is going to watch the kids?” Ryeowook asks. Hoseok gasps and shrieks excitedly when he sees the men start to enter the room.

            “Uncle Eric! Uncle Jay!” Hoseok screams running to them. Jay Park chuckles holding out his arms.

            “I hope you don’t mind.” Eric says.

            “Not at all!” Leeteuk says.

            “Uncle Shindong can help out too!” Baekhyun says hugging Shindong’s leg tightly. “But maybe not with the babies.”

            “Hey! What’s the supposed to mean?” Shindong asks.

            “You not very good with the babies.” Chanyeol says truthfully.

            “I am great with babies!” Shindong says. Ryeowook chuckles handing Kyungsoo to Shindong. Shindong immediately tenses.

            “See, that’s why babies don’t like you. They can sense your fear and anxiety. Relax. He’s not going to hurt you.” Yesung says.

            “That’s not what I’m worried about.” Shindong says.

            “You aren’t going to hurt him either. He’s 7 months, Shindong; he isn’t as fragile as a newborn.” Ryeowook says.

            “Alright, let’s go, Kyungsoo. Uncle Shindong has to push the stroller as well.” Shindong says.

            “So many kids, how do you keep track of all of them?” The director asks as the last of the kids are out the door.

            “It’s hard but we manage.” Zhou Mi says.

            “Kibum, relax, they’ll be fine.” Heechul says trying to calm the younger mother down knowing he is a nervous wreck being away from his kids.

            “I just…I would hate for someone to try and use this as an opportunity to get something out of them or something.” Kibum says.

            “You think Shindong would let that happen?” Han Geng asks. “He might be seen as the cool Uncle but he can be a pretty bad Uncle when the time comes as well.”

            “And Eric and Jay aren’t going to let anyone talk to them.” Heechul says. Kibum hates that he has to be put through this, hates that he has to lie. He hated the fact that he had to lie when they were together, although a part of him did understand. He didn’t want to put his kids in any danger and he knew that there were people that had grudges and that had bad judgements and thoughts on each man he was raising his kids with. He just wishes that he could show the real side of them, and maybe he could eventually. It was all so raw and fresh, Soo Man passed away just before Yugyeom was born and JYP had died only three months ago.

            It had started out just as a simple surrogate mother situation, he would carry their children for them and they would raise them. But they were so actively involved in the first pregnancy and they all became close. Kibum only got closer and closer to JYP and started spending more time with him at the company. After a couple of years it became apparent that there was something more than just friendship, a deeper connection.

Kibum was never interested in . He just liked close contact with a person, cuddling, holding hands, and kissing. He had never found anyone who understood or accepted this part of himself. Until he met JYP. He was totally fine with having a romantic partner only. And for the first time in Kibum’s life he was happy, with his family. Soo Man was actively in their lives and they all got along. But they had to hide it from the world. And he continued to hide it from the world even now.

I do not know where the whole Kibum and JYP thing came from but it just sort of happened. Just fyi these rumors might get a bit dark in the coming chapters just fair warning. I was going to have the other father be YG but yeah with what has been going on with him I said nope not gonna do that and changed it to Soo Man. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Leave a comment and upvote as always if you enjoyed! Until next time!