CHAPTER 2

Bring Me To Life

Baekhyun was happy he kept an amount of money secretly on his backpack; at least he was able to pay a down payment for a simple but comfortable apartment. It’s not as big as his room on their house, but he has no choice but to settle in since this is the cheapest he can find in the middle of the cold winter night.

 

“Here, have this.”

 

When Baekhyun thought this day will never be better, he actually found an apartment with a very nice landlady. His money he brought wasn’t enough for the down payment but the landlady accepted only the half of his cash so he can have spare money. He also took care of the shivering Baekhyun by giving his warm blankets and a cup of hot chocolate. Baekhyun is thankful.

 

With a shaking hand, he accepts the drink and immediately takes a sip of it, not minding the fact that it might burn his tongue.

 

“Thank you for this, halmeoni,” He says while taking another amount of the sweet drink. “You’re such an angel.”

 

“I can’t let a young child go out on the cold streets at this hour. I can’t even believe your step mom did that,” the elder expresses his opinion. “You can pay the down payment when you find a job.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. He is grateful there are still people like the landlady that still has the heart of gold. “I promise I’ll pay you, halmeoni. Thank you very much.”

 

The night has gone quieter, and the landlady already left the unit. Baekhyun stood by the window and watched the snow fall down to join the white sheets covering the ground. If Baekhyun only knew this would remind his the happiest moments he had with his late father, he wouldn’t have look through the glass.

 

“There you are.” A deep toned manly voice Baekhyun heard behind his made his turn around. He gasps in surprise upon seeing the same spirit he met at the park. He quickly swiped away the tear he didn’t know he had on his cheeks. Surprisingly, he’s not that afraid of him anymore, maybe because he didn’t give him any reason to be afraid of.

 

“How did you find me?” a stutter did not escape his words.  “How did you find where I am?”

 

“Not my fault I’m unintentionally summoned here for the second time,” Chanyeol shrugs sarcastically as he crosses his arms against his hard chest. The clothes he’s wearing is not much of a help covering his glowing heart. “And besides, I have something you might want.”

 

Chanyeol raises his hand on his eye level, dropping off the pendant and quickly gripping its lace. The silver hits the moon and the light reflected on Baekhyun’s eyes beautifully. He immediately checks on his bare neck. It’s empty!

 

“Give that back to me and leave!”

 

Baekhyun quickly ran towards the spirit and was ready to hit him with the pillow he got from his couch when Chanyeol teleported behind his back. He quickly turns and sees an annoying grin painted across the spirit’s lips; his hands tossing the pendant up and down.

 

“Give it back to me!” Baekhyun abruptly runs for the second time around but Chanyeol was quick to avoid him. He clenches his heart as he gasps for air. Baekhyun held out his hand to initiate surrender and glares at the opposite gender. “What do you want?”

 

“I already told you what I want,” Chanyeol answers him, the look on his face turned dark, as he grips tightly on the small piece of jewellery between his giant palm. “How did you manage to summon me twice?”

 

Chanyeol takes a step forward, which made Baekhyun take a step back. The spirit started terrifying the lad again and now he only wants to be as far as he can get from the Chanyeol.

 

“I-I already told you…” he managed to utter. “I don’t—“

 

Baekhyun was cut off of his sentence when the spirit teleported right in front of him, their face inches away from each other. Chanyeol may not be able to feel the warmth of his breath, but he knows it would be better. Because since the moment he saw his, something about Baekhyun attracted the young spirit. And now that he has a better view of the boy’s face, he already knew what’s driving him nuts.

 

It’s his lips. And it’s enticing.

 

“Are you my key?” Chanyeol hastily says, wholly roofed in to the thought of claiming his lips but unfortunately, he can’t, since he’s a spirit. Unless…

 

Baekhyun’s perfectly thick brows curl in confusion as he tries to maintain his composure. He doesn’t like it when someone, especially a boy, makes his feel this way. Uneasy, yet excited.

 

“K-key? What are you saying?” baffled, Baekhyun tried to meet the spirit’s eyes that are clearly not focused on him, but his lips.

 

Before the both of them were even aware of what’s going on, the spirit lost his control and followed the irk building up inside his chest.

 

He claimed Baekhyun’s lips. It was nice, and it was fulfilling.

 

He can touch him.

 

He can feel him.

 

A small smile forms across Chanyeol’s lips between the kiss. He didn’t know he’ll be this happy finding his key.