i'm sorry (the words i never got to say)

the only love i've ever known

jungeun takes off her shoes and places it on the shoe rack. even though she’s dead beat from giving out flyers for the past 5 hours all the way across town, she finds it in herself to tidy up after jinsoul who has, obviously, no sense of order. after ensuring all the shoes and sandals were arranged neatly, jungeun quickly unlocks the door to their shared apartment. today was a rough day and all jungeun wants is to take a quick shower and snuggle up to jinsoul, who would already be asleep at this time. 

 

however, today was different. 

 

it was already 1 in the morning but jinsoul was wide awake, sitting on their couch. she doesn’t turn to acknowledge jungeun’s presence but instead focuses on looking straight ahead at the TV set. 

 

jungeun knows this isn’t the usual jinsoul.

this isn’t the jinsoul who would rush over to jungeun in excitement and bring her into a bear hug before showering her with kisses.

this isn’t the jinsoul who would try to scare jungeun just to see the other girl be all sulky and pouty.

this isn’t the jinsoul who would help jungeun carry her bags and help her undress. 

 

“it’s 1am, jungeun. where were you?”

 

jinsoul’s voice is evidently shaky but she remains composed, eyes still kept straight. jungeun can tell jinsoul’s been crying. 

 

this jinsoul is one that’s tired, hurt and heartbroken. 

jungeun hates this jinsoul. 

why? because it’s one that she has unintentionally created. 

 

to jungeun, jinsoul is a princess. she’s a princess that jungeun needs to protect from all danger, hurt, sadness. jungeun has never been expressive with her feelings, she may look indifferent but really all she wants to do is love and shower jinsoul with all the affection she can afford. 

 

“i told you i had some tutoring jobs right?”

“jungeun, for the past 5 years in our relationship, i’ve never once doubted you. you said you had tutoring jobs, i believed you. i’ve spent the past 2 months going to sleep alone, wondering if you’re alright. if you’re safe outside. i don’t see you at night and in the mornings you’re too tired to even talk to me. so how am i supposed to feel when i get a text from our close friends telling me they saw you giving out flyers in a red light district?”

 

jinsoul finally turns to look at jungeun. they make eye contact and the look jinsoul had in her eyes physically hurt jungeun. those eyes that she loved, those eyes that were so filled with life and joy but now all she sees is pain. jungeun wants to reply and explain herself but her words are stuck in . 

 

“why did you lie to me? jungeun can you please just say something?” 

 

jungeun can’t bear to see the hurt in jinsoul’s eyes anymore so she looks down, her own tears threatening to spill but she doesn’t deserve to cry, not when she’s the one who created this mess. 

 

“i didn’t mean to lie to you.” 

“then why did you?” 

“i had my reasons.” 

“what reasons jungeun? what could be so important you miss all our date nights, our weekly visits to the beach? what could be so damn important that you totally forget about your own girlfriend? heck i don’t even want to know if you remember that our anniversary is this week.” 

 

jungeun remembers it’s their anniversary. that was the reason why she had been so busy, it was all for their anniversary. 

 

“you know what, i’m tired. i really am. maybe we need a break or something. i don’t ing know.” 

 

by now jinsoul’s already a crying mess. jungeun had never seen jinsoul cry this hard and it breaks jungeun. she wants to comfort jinsoul, tell her she’s sorry and explain herself but she can’t bring herself to do so. 

 

“i love you.” 

“jungeun, do you really?” 

 

jungeun broke down at those words. she loved jinsoul so goddamn much that she would literally do anything for her. she had never loved anyone else like she loved jinsoul. hearing jinsoul doubt her feelings made her feel as if someone ripped her heart out and stepped all over it. 

 

“jungeun, you know i love you but i’ve been through so much these past 2 months, you were never there when i needed you most. i think we need some time to think.” 

 

jinsoul’s standing in front of jungeun and it’s only then when jungeun realizes the duffel bag jinsoul had in her hands.

jinsoul's leaving.

jungeun lets her go. 


 

[ 01:30 AM ]
:jiwoo, everything ing hurts. i'm such a jerk.  
:i can't be alone right now. 

jiwoo: i'll be there in 10. 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: there's only going to be a few chapters to this! i hope this wasn't a waste of your time haha. leave some comments on how i can improve!!