07. Color (Sunday)

Of Contact Lenses and Forearm Messages (BTS Version)

Namjoon looked at the mirror and studied his reflection. He was wearing a smart casual outfit together with his glasses. For some reason he did not feel like wearing contact lenses today so he went with his eye glasses.

“Namjoon ah!” Yoongi called from the living room. “Are you still not done yet?”

“I’m done I’m done,” Namjoon answered, emerging from his room. “Are the things ready?”

“Yeah, Jimin had put them in the car already. Make sure you don’t forget anything.”

“I have everything with me except for the flowers.” Namjoon told Yoongi as the two went out of their shared house and into Yoongi’s already running car that was parked on the driveway.

“Yeah we’ll just make a quick stop at a flower shop on our way there.” The two entered the car with Yoongi at the driver’s seat while Namjoon at the back.

“What took you guys so long?” Jimin asked (more like whined). “I’ve been waiting here for like at least fifteen minutes.”

“Him,” Yoongi answered as he pointed at Namjoon. “You ready?” He asked, looking at Namjoon through the rearview mirror.

Namjoon sighed. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Good.” Yoongi then drove off. “Let’s go meet your soulmate.”


Frantic knocks on the door were what greeted Seokjin when he got out of the bathroom. “Wait a sec!” He yelled. He quickly went to his bedroom to get dressed and when he was done he ran to the front door and opened it. The first thing he saw was a sweating, panicking Taehyung who was catching his breath. “Taehyung?”

“Hyung!” The younger exclaimed. “Hyung you have to help me!”

“Wait whoa Taehyung ah calm down,” Seokjin told the younger, grabbing his shoulders in an attempt for him to stop panicking. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

“Someone broke into the bakery. Hoseok hyung and I tried to stop them and now they are holding him hostage.”

“What?” Seokjin was now worried. Why would someone target his bakery? Why would they hold Hoseok hostage? “Did you call the police?” He asked, hurriedly wearing his shoes.

“I did.” Taehyung was on the verge of crying. “Hyung you have to come with me. Save Hoseok hyung, please.”

“Okay hang on.” Seokjin stood up and grabbed his phone from the center table in his living room together with his wallet. “Let’s go.” He exited his flat and headed to the elevator. He missed the smirk Taehyung had before being replaced by the panicked expression he was sporting earlier.


And so they ran.

They ran as fast as they could to the bakery- the bakery where his best friend was being held hostage by who knows who. All Seokjin kept thinking about was how they were going to get Hoseok back that when they reached the bakery he did not even notice the lack of damage in this supposed breaking and entering.

The ‘closed’ sign banged against the glass of the door as Seokjin swung the front door open. “Let him go!” He demanded as soon as he stepped inside the very peaceful bakery, panting.

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Hoseok asked, stepping inside the bakery from the kitchen. “Who are we letting go?” Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook followed.

“Hoseok!” Seokjin exclaimed. “Y-you’re… okay? B-but I thought-“

“You thought what?” Hoseok chuckled. He then shifted his attention to his soulmate. “What did you tell him?”

Taehyung grinned. “That you were being held hostage.”

Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin laughed. “Why would you tell him that?”

“Because I have a flair for the dramatics.”

“Wait- what is going on?” Seokjin was confused. What was happening?

"Oh we found this box outside the bakery when we arrived," Jimin informed, picking up a medium sized box from behind the counter and placing it on top of it. "It contains milk, flour, sugar, butter and yeast."

Wait, Seokjin thought. Those particular ingredients…

"We also found this outside together with the box." Yoongi went back to the kitchen and pulled out what seemed to be a person.

A person, which as he came out, the world Seokjin suddenly became more bright and colored.

Said person was also the most handsome person Seokjin had ever seen.

He was tall, was smiling- showing dimples that were so cute, in Seokjin’s opinion- and he was holding a bouquet of roses that he was giving to Seokjin- who was rooted on the spot he was standing on.

"R-Rapmon?" Seokjin managed to stutter, still in shock. Is this really him?

The man smiled. "Hello, Jin hyung. My name is Namjoon. We finally meet."