02. Green (Namjoon; Tuesday)

Of Contact Lenses and Forearm Messages (BTS Version)

I closed my office door with a sigh. It was only ten thirty in the morning and yet a lot of possible problems have been pointed out during the meeting earlier. It was a good thing Yoongi hyung was there. He was able to explain how the pointed out 'problems' weren't really problems if we just avoided what would potentially lead us to conflict. Which was what I had been trying to tell them in the first place. Thank god for Yoongi hyung.

I went over to the opposite side of the room and drew the curtains open to let some sunlight in. I took off my blazer and hung it on the backrest of my chair. This was tiring. It was only the second day of the week and we were already drowning in meetings and paperwork. Just yesterday we started the day with a meeting - it was at nine in the damn morning - and then spent the day reading and reviewing documents and policies and a few more meetings. Screw my dad for putting me in such a high position at such a young age. ‘It’s okay Namjoon ah,’ he had said. ‘I trust you and that brain of yours. You’ll be able to lead the company well. I’m sure of it.’ I had to be all responsible at 23 years old and while he be chillin in another country with mom. I groaned but then remembered.

Yesterday...

What happened yesterday slowly made its way into my mind. That was the first time that it happened and I was really creeped out, to say the least. But that didn't mean that I wasn't curious or intrigued. I rolled up my left sleeve and glanced at my forearm. I didn't want to admit it but I was kind of hoping that there would be something written on it. And boy was I relieved to see that there was. I read it and smiled. ‘Call suppliers and ask where the hell our supplies are.’ So whoever I was 'sharing' my forearm liked to write reminders on his instead of a notepad or his phone. Cute.

Whoa there wait what?

I didn't even know who the person was and I was already thinking of them as cute? Maybe I was just tired because of the meetings. Yeah, that must be it.

Anyway, what do I have to do now? "Jungkook ah!" I called out.

A slightly tall boy with light brown hair and round glasses came inside my office. "Yes sir?" he answered. This was my secretary, Jungkook. He was young; a mere twenty year old college student who was working for me as per Yoongi hyung's recommendation. Kind of like an extended on the job training since he was also going to university at the same time.

"I told you to call me hyung, didn't I?" I reminded him. He smiled sheepishly, showing his rabbit-like teeth. "Anyway, what do I have for today?" I asked.

"Ah!" He left the room only to comeback with a notebook in hand. "You are free for the time being. You'll just have a meeting with Mr. Min and Mr. Park at three."

"Alright. Thanks Kook," I thanked him with a smile. He smiled back and went to his 'mini office' just outside mine.

So I had until three in the afternoon to do nothing. I decided to kill time by looking up the forearm thing. What? Ever since the incident yesterday I have been itching to do some research. I would’ve started yesterday if I weren’t so tired.

A thought suddenly popped into my mind. What if it was actually my soulmate that was writing on our forearms? I might not look like it but I really wanted to meet my soulmate. I didn't even care what their gender was. Just the thought that I might have one is very reassuring for me.

I sat on my chair and opened my laptop on the desk. When it was working I immediately went to search ‘sharing forearm messages’. I opened another tab and this time searched ‘soulmate indicators’.  I found an article in each and proceeded to read the forearm thing first. According to the article, the phenomenon is considered a soulmate indicator since most – if not all – cases reported resulted into the two people involved being soulmates. So there was a chance that I got to talk to my soulmate even if just for a very brief moment. Whoa.

I wanted to try it again and talk to my soulmate. I grabbed a pen off of my pen holder and started writing below the already written message. ‘Don’t forget!’ I finished off with a smiley and an arrow pointing to what was written above.

“What are you smiling on about?”

“What are you doing?”

I jumped on my seat and almost dropped the pen I was holding in shock. I guess I was too into what I was doing that I didn’t hear people coming in and approaching me. Weird. Two people were hovering above me.

“Wha- when did you two get-“

“Ooh Yoongi hyung, look at what Namjoon hyung is reading,” a slightly high pitched voiced told the other in a teasing manner. I saw Jimin scrolling through the article I was reading with a grin. He then sat on my lap while he continued reading.

“Yah Park Jimin what do you think you’re doing?” I asked as I tried to push him away from the laptop and off of my lap.

Yoongi hyung – who was on my left side looking at my forearm – went over to my other side to look at what Jimin was reading. “So this is why you seemed distracted during the past two meetings, huh?”

“What are you talking about hyung? I’m not distracted,” I denied, even though there was no point in denying anything.

The raven haired and the silver gray haired looked at me with a disbelieving smirk and raised eyebrow. Wow they weren’t soulmates for nothing. “You can’t lie to us, Joonie hyung,” Jimin pointed out, grinning, making his eyes turn into little crescents.

It was true. I raised my hands in mock surrender. “Why are you even here, anyway?” I asked, finally succeeding in pushing Jimin off of me. He and Yoongi hyung proceeded to sit on the chairs in front of my desk. “Don’t you have work or something?”

“Nope, not really,” Jimin answered while Yoongi hyung shook his head. “We are actually on our way to buy food and we were wondering if you’d like to come with us.”

“But we see that you’re busy doing something else,” Yoongi hyung teased.

I rolled my eyes at him. But then an idea popped into my very creative mind. “Say hyung,” I started. Yoongi hyung turned his attention to me. “Does the soulmate forearm thing work with you and Chim Chim?”

Yoongi hyung and Jimin shared a look. Before they could answer, I quickly added, “Do you think you could try it and show me?”

Yoongi hyung shrugged and rolled his left sleeve, Jimin following suit. I handed hyung a pen and he started writing on his forearm. I looked at Jimin’s forearm and watched how words suddenly appeared on the younger’s skin. The younger confirmed that what was written on his skin was what Yoongi hyung had written.

 I was beyond amazed because 1) it was true—the soulmate forearm thing; and 2) I actually got to talk to my own soulmate!  I guess it showed on my face because suddenly the other two were chuckling while looking at me. “That is so cool,” I mused.

“Anyways back to why we went here in the first place,” Yoongi said, rolling his sleeves down and fixing his blazer while Jimin followed suit. “Do you want to come with us? We feel like eating cake so…”

“Nah I’ll pass,” I told them. “But if you guys are going to eat cake buy me a chocolate one.”

“I don’t want to.” Yoongi hyung got up from his seat and headed for the door. “Go buy your own.”

Jimin chuckled as he stood up as well. “Don’t worry hyung. I’ll buy you chocolate cake.”

I grinned gratefully at Jimin as he went to the door and waved at me before exiting the room. A few seconds later though the door opened again and Yoongi hyung emerged- although only his upper body was inside the room. “Contact lenses, Namjoon ah,” he said, winking. Before I could ask what he meant, he was gone.

Pouting, I went back to my laptop and closed the tab about the forearm thing. I then scrolled through the article I opened about soulmate indicators. As I scanned through it, my eyes had caught sight of ‘contact lenses’ on the list. Is this what Yoongi hyung was pertaining to earlier? Curious, I read that section of the article.

You will be able to see the world in full color once you meet your soulmate but until then, you can only see the world in the eye color of your soulmate. However, you can alter the color your soulmate can see, for example, by wearing contact lenses. Like if you wear blue contact lenses, your soulmate sees the world in blue, purple makes them see the world in purple and etc. 1

So did that mean that the color my soulmate sees the world in changes when I put on my contacts? Interesting. If this was true, if I buy new colored lenses, then my soulmate’s vision would change into another color?

I wanted to test my theory out so what I did was open my bag, take out my glasses and contact lens container. I carefully removed my contacts and put them in the container. After I put the solution, I wore my glasses and stood up. I put on my blazer, closed my laptop, grabbed my phone and wallet and headed out of the office.

“Kookie,” I called as I closed my office door. Jungkook looked up from what I assumed was his homework. The kid always did his schoolwork here when he had time. “I’m heading out for a bit. I’ll be back in a few.”

 “Okay hyung.”


There was a mall that was connected to the office building by a bridge.

When I entered said mall, I immediately went to the electronic directory and looked for the optical shop. I found it and made my to it.

When I arrived I immediately went to their contact lens options. An attendant approached me and asked what color I would want to buy. I looked at the names and seeing as that I didn’t really know what the colors looked like I randomly pointed on one. I also told them it was to help my vision since I had 100/150. They told me to wait while they prepared my lenses.

 A few minutes later I was paying for my lenses, exciting the shop and making my way back to the office, new lenses in hand.


I sat down behind my desk when I arrived back in the office. After I removed my glasses I carefully put on my lenses. I grabbed my phone and used its front camera to see how I looked. Well, it wasn’t like I could see anything new since I’m stuck to just one color. I wonder if it worked though.

I took a pen and was about to write when they beat me to it.

‘Did you change contact lenses?’

I squealed internally. It worked! Wait- this means that whoever it is on the other side could actually be my soulmate. I quickly wrote my answer under the question.

‘I did. I was trying to test a theory of mine. It says on the container the color of the contacts is called green. How are they?’

I rested on my chair while I waited for their answer. I just realized that I had no idea who my soulmate was. I didn’t even know what their gender was. But that was okay, I guess. The mere fact that they were there, was very reassuring for me.

I glanced at my forearm and saw that it had been cleaned and there was new writing on it.

‘It’s a good change. And it’s new knowledge.’

A few seconds later there was a new sentence under the first one.

‘I like it.’

I smiled. It felt like an accomplishment; doing something that my possible soulmate liked. As I was too lazy to look for alcohol and clean my forearm I decided to use my right; my penmanship ended up being ugly though.  I hoped it was still readable.

‘So did your deliveries come?’

A knock on the door caught my attention. It opened slightly and revealed Jungkook peeking through the small space. “Hyung,” he called out. “Mr. Min and Mr. Park are here. They said they wanted to move your meeting from three to right now. Are you doing something?”

I shook my head. “No. Let them in,” I told him. “Besides, they have food.”

Jungkook nodded and opened the door fully, letting the two soulmates in.

“Why does Namjoon get to be called hyung and we ‘mr’s?” Yoongi whined as he entered. “Aren’t we friends? When it’s just the four of us call us hyung too, alright? Calling us Mr. Min and Mr. Park make us feel old, right Chim?”

Jimin chuckled as Jungkook smiled sheepishly again. “Sorry Yoongi hyung.”

“Here’s a donut for you, Kookie.” Jimin smiled, handing the younger a paper bag which I assumed had a donut inside. “Your hyungs said hi as well.”

“Thanks hyung! I’ll try and drop by the bakery later.” Jungkook took the paper bag and then left the office.

“Here’s your chocolate cake, hyung.” Jimin then handed me another paper bag. When I peered inside there was a slice of chocolate cake neatly wrapped in parchment paper inside a plastic container.

Smiling, I thanked him and took the cake out of the paper bag. I took a seat on one of the chairs in front of my desk (I turned it around so that its back was to my desk) seeing that Yoongi hyung and Jimin had already settled on the couch. “So,” I started, carefully taking a bite out of the cake slice. “Why did you move the meeting two hours earlier?”

Yoongi hyung shrugged. “I wanted to take a nap later.” Jimin shook his head at his boyfriend. “You changed lenses?”

I nodded. “You were the one who told me to.”

He smirked. “Did I now?”

I was then reminded that I wrote a question earlier. I checked my left forearm first because they might’ve written their answer there. They did.

‘Yup.’

“It looks good on you,” Jimin complimented.

“Why thank you.”

“So do you know his or her name yet?”

I frowned. “Whose?”

“You know,” Jimin teased, gesturing to my forearms. “Your soulmate.”

“Wha-“

“Come on Namjoon,” Yoongi hyung snorted. “We all know what you’ve been up to.”

 I sighed, shaking my head. Was I that obvious? “Sadly, no.”

Yoongi hyung rolled his eyes. “Ask then.”


I plopped down on my bed as soon as I entered my bedroom. I didn’t even bother changing; I just wanted to lie down and rest.

I wasn’t able to ask for my soulmate’s name earlier because the three of us got called out for a meeting that lasted a damn five hours (this was while we were having our own meeting and so Yoongi hyung didn’t get to take his nap so he was a bit grumpy). When we finished, I figured that my soulmate was doing something so I didn’t bother them. I could probably ask now though; hopefully they weren’t busy.

I thought of what to write real hard. Do I tell them that they’re my soulmate? Would that creep them out? It shouldn’t, right? Since there were indicators. Grabbing a pen from my pocket, I sighed. To hell with it.

‘Hey, I know we haven’t officially met yet, and this is really weird that we’re sort of talking using our forearms, but you might be my soulmate and I really want to know who you are. I might sound too eager though, and it might not make a good first impression, so I’ll be polite and ask you for your name first. Would you mind telling me your name?’

Damn that was a long one. I hope they wouldn’t mind the writings. I used a washable pen so hopefully they will be able to remove the writings easily.

I yawned. But I couldn’t be falling asleep yet! I had to wait for my soulmate’s reply. But my eyelids are getting heavy…

Before they completely closed, I glanced at my forearm. My eyes widened when I saw that what I wrote wasn’t there anymore.

‘I know that you might be my soulmate because of the contact lens thing but I don’t just give out my name to strangers so easily though. Whether or not they’re my soulmate.’

My face fell a bit. I’m your soulmate though, I thought. But I wasn’t giving up so after getting rubbing alcohol and a washcloth, I tried again.

‘I understand. What about code names then? I’ll start. You can call me rapmon. :) and btw, I’m a guy. I hope you don’t mind.’

I waited with bated breath for their reply. After a few seconds, it appeared.

‘Rapmon? That’s a weird name. Call me Jin then. And I don’t mind. I’m a guy too; hopefully you’re not disappointed?’

I wasn’t. I really didn’t care. I was just happy that he was talking to me. I really wanted to talk more, but sleep was very tempting.

‘Yeah, it was a nickname I received when I was a kid. No I’m not disappointed. I really want to talk more, but sleep is slowly is calling me. I’ll talk to you tomorrow?’

I didn’t want to sound so hopeful but let’s face it: I was hopeful.

‘Sure. Talk to you tomorrow then.’

I squealed. Yes squealed. Do not judge me.

I decided to push my luck one last time tonight.

‘Good night, Jin.’

When his reply came I grinned. I fell asleep all happy and giddy and excited for the next day.

 ‘Good night, rapmon.’


1 - http://silentpeaches.tumblr.com/post/125291322610/soulmate-au-story-ideas