The First Move

3 Girls, 2 Choices, 1 Ending

 

 



 

“HELLO MS. SON!”

“…Has it become a habit to scare the soul out of me every time you arrive to my class, Chaeyoung-yang?”

“Oops, sorry. I’m just way too excited that’s all!”

“That’s the usual Son Chaeyoung alright…”

 

Chaeyoung anticipated for this specific class more than the rest. Each day, without a fail, she would dash straight to the art room as soon as her previous class ended and accidentally terrify the art teacher with her unstoppable energy.

Although she had always been super passionate about the subject, she realised there was another factor to why she particularly enjoyed Ms. Son’s class so much.

 

It was because of their model, Myoui Mina.

 

Ever since they met on the first day of school, Chaeyoung looked forward to seeing the elegant girl during class as she has yet to find the courage to talk to her properly.

She was capable of making small interactions with the model, whether it’s by taking care of her during her 5-minute breaks, or to hold incredibly short chit-chats before or after class, though she couldn’t manage to interact with Mina long enough to make any solid progress.

 

As the art students settled themselves down, Mina finally arrived to the scene with only 2 minutes to spare before class officially begins.

She went to place her bag to the side of the room but something caught her eyes when she was about to head towards the platform.

She caught a glimpse of Chaeyoung working on her sketchbook when she walked past, resulting her to back up her tracks and approach the artist from behind for a better view of the drawing.

Gasping in awe loud enough to be heard, Mina accidentally shifted the small student’s attention from the girl’s artwork to her voice.

Upon seeing who it was, Chaeyoung also gasped audibly- but for a different admiration.

“Your art is so good.” Mina complimented, making Chaeyoung’s heartbeat increase its speed rapidly. “I wish I could draw like you.”

“T-Thanks!” the artist chuckled nervously, “It has been my hobby ever since I was a little kid.”

“That’s nice.”

There was a weird pause as Chaeyoung didn’t know what to say to continue their conversation. That was just how shy and awkward she becomes when she’s facing the dancer.

 

Knowing she should keep the flow going or else she’d lose her interaction for the day, Chaeyoung blurted out whatever that came to mind. “Why don’t you give it a go?”

“Eh?” Mina replied in confusion, making Chaeyoung mentally slap herself.

“Drawing! Here in my sketchbook!” she waved the book slightly in the air, “I’d love to see your artworks too.”

“No no, my art can’t be viewed by such a good artist. I’d be too ashamed and embarrassed.” Mina giggled while shaking her head furiously.

“But I’m really curious about your style! Pleaseeee?” Chaeyoung pouted like a kid while flashing her puppy-eyes.

Surprisingly, it worked, and Mina eventually gave in to the artist’s cuteness.

“Maybe someday after school.”

“You mean today?!”

Mina pondered for a bit before giving her a soft smile. “Sure. I’m free after this anyways.”

“HOORAY!!!” Chaeyoung cheered excitedly, causing some classmates to flinch from her loud voice.

She also caught the attention of their teacher, who shook her head slightly with a smile.

“Chaeyoung-yang, don’t bully our model please.” Ms. Son joked.

“W-Why would I ever?!” the artist exclaimed in surprise, not getting the tease.

“Mina-yang, be very cautious about that girl okay? She may be small and adorable, but she’s actually a dangerous tiger.” the lady continued while Chaeyoung’s jaw dropped open. Ms. Son was clearly enjoying her revenge.

“That doesn’t even make any sense!!” the petite girl whined as her classmates laughed.

Chaeyoung’s close friends and teachers had given her the nickname ‘Tiger’ as an inside joke due to her pointy canines, although Chaeyoung herself doesn’t know that yet, hence the confusion.

 

Not long after the teasing, the class got into business. Instead of posing the model, Ms. Son asked Mina to come up with one herself.

Wanting to make it easier for herself, Mina chose a ballet pose, the tendu, while facing the student within the room whom she felt somewhat comfortable with- that being Son Chaeyeong.

With the best view among the students, Chaeyoung’s eyes were burning with passion as she worked diligently on her drawing of the ballerina.

She often changed her own standing positions while looking at the different details of Mina’s body, though the way she moved looked so comical to the point Mina had to divert her gaze away from her. The more Chaeyoung was into her drawing, the weirder her movement gets, and with the sizzling passion she has right now, Mina could barely hold in her laughter.

 

Thankfully, the class flew by and thus Mina’s internal organs were saved; apart from her sore limbs, she felt like she was going to puke from restraining her giggles for so long.

While the other art students made their way out of the room, Mina kept her promise and stayed behind with Chaeyoung, who’s face couldn’t hide away her excitement.

“You two will be staying here for a bit, right?” Ms. Son addressed to her student, “I’ll leave the room under your supervision then. I’m heading out to grab a cup of coffee.”

“No problem ma’am!” Chaeyoung saluted while Mina bowed politely before they watched the woman exit, leaving the duo alone to themselves.

The shorter girl didn’t realise that the situation she had gotten herself into would make her heart beat so dangerously fast. She prayed that she wouldn’t have a heart attack- not when she was finally making a bold move.

 

Although her face was already blushing furiously, Chaeyoung still tried to keep her cool and spoke as calmly as she could.

“So! Here’s my sketchbook, and here’s my pencil case.” she rummaged through her backpack before pulling the items out and handing them over. “Go sit down, Mina-sshi!”

Mina graciously took a seat and set up her easel while Chaeyoung made her way to the platform, standing in a tense manner. Mina took notice of her posture after she was finished with getting ready.

“Would you want me to pose you?” she asked, causing Chaeyoung to gulp in nervousness. Her heart couldn’t even handle maintaining eye-contact with the dancer, let alone physical touch.

Fearing for her life, she forced herself to decline the offer. “It’s okay, you’re already seated comfortably.” Chaeyoung made an excuse so that she didn’t come off as being cold, “Just tell me what you’re going for and I’ll do it!”

“Even if my requests are crazy?” Mina joked, triggering more feels within the petite art student’s heart.

Chaeyoung was dying of happiness.

“I’ll try my best to do it, even if it means to break a bone or two.” the artist grinned widely back, causing Mina to giggle some more.

“Okay. I’d like you to pose… Cooly.”

 

Upon hearing the request, Chaeyoung gave her a big, dramatic…  dab.

Mina stared at her blankly for 5 seconds before bursting into laughter.

The small model looked up from the sound of Mina losing it. “Why, why?” she also started chuckling from the sight of Mina tearing up due to laughing so hard. “Was that not cool enough?”

“You’re too funny, Chaeyoung-sshi.” Mina managed to comment after calming herself down, taking deep breaths. “That pose may be a little too difficult for a beginner like me though. Is there another one?”

Chaeyoung obediently switched up her pose, placing one arm onto her hips and flexing her other bicep. “How’s this?”

“Perfect.”

 

The room fell completely silent as Mina focused on her sketches, giving Chaeyoung the chance to admire her beauty whenever she wasn’t looking. Despite seeing the girl every day for almost a week now, she still couldn’t get over how beautiful the art model was.

Not only was her appearance extremely attractive, Mina’s attitude and kind personality had successfully shot major feels through Chaeyoung’s heart, making the artist fall head over heels for her.

Yet, no matter how obvious Chaeyoung was with her fangirling, Mina was completely oblivious towards the student’s secret crush for her.

Even with this situation, the ballerina had thought of it as Chaeyoung being naturally friendly due to the girl’s extroverted personality, and nothing more.

 

Oh how wrong Myoui Mina was.

 

“Dang, this is tough work!” Chaeyoung exclaimed as she felt her bicep starting to tremble, “You’re amazing for holding more difficult poses for us- for such a long time, too! You’ve worked hard, Mina-sshi.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m glad to help.” Mina smiled as she added some finishing , “You can rest now. I think I’m done.”

Chaeyoung shuffled her way towards the dancer and her easel, anticipated to see how Mina did.

Her eyes enlarged themselves as dangled open, speechless from what she saw.

 

“You’re…”

 

Mina glanced at the stunned girl.

 

“… Really bad at drawing huh.”

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t contain her laughter when she saw Mina’s pout, the dancer’s face now flushing pink in embarrassment.

“I-I told you I was really bad!”

“But it’s so cute- I love it!”

“Typical comfort phrases.” Mina mumbled adorably, “Thanks for being honest I suppose.”

“No, no, I mean it!” Chaeyoung wiped a tear away as she stopped herself from cackling like a maniac, “Your art style reminded me of an innocent child’s and it’s really refreshing to look at. Thank you, I’ll cherish this forever!”

Mina saw the sincerity within Chaeyoung’s eyes, which made her lips subconsciously arch into a smile.

She has started to adore the small student in front of her without realising it.

 

As the artist put away her stuff, Ms. Son finally returned back to her classroom.

“I just realised something, Chaeyoung-ah.” the woman called out as soon as she saw the two taking their sweet ol’ time, “Don’t you have a class to go to right now? Why did you stay behind?”

 

Mina turned her head to face the student whose face expressed nothing but terror.

“…What day is it today?”

“Tuesday.” Ms. Son answered as she watched Chaeyoung’s jaw drop along with her backpack. She embraced herself for what’s to come by plugging her ears with her fingers.

 

I THOUGHT IT WAS A WEDNESDAY!!!!

 

Before Mina could even react, Chaeyoung had grabbed her bag and dashed straight out of the room. All she could hear was the rapid footsteps gradually becoming fainter, with the addition of the art teacher’s giggles.

“Please help her out, Mina-yang.” Ms. Son sighed with a smile, “She needs someone like you in her life as an example to look up to.”

 

Before Mina could reply, she felt her phone buzz within her pocket. She saw she had received a text from an unknown number after taking it out.

She read it quietly to herself.

 

“Hey, this is Yoo Jeongyeon.”