The Gathering

3 Girls, 2 Choices, 1 Ending

 

 



 

During the university students’ long weekend, both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung had approached Mina with the same idea; they wanted to hold a friendly gathering at the dancer’s house where they could introduce the timid female to their own close friends.

Although Mina was reluctant to face so many new people at once- especially at her own apartment since it was her safe and personal heaven- she chose to challenge her shy self by agreeing to their proposition.

She was also secretly looking forward to the opportunity to meet their friends as she was pretty curious to what sort of people the two socialise with; other than her mutual friend Momo, the roommate Tzuyu, and the photographer Jihyo, she had no idea to who the girls hang out with besides herself- since they do tend to spend quite a lot of time with her.

 

Mina was chilling with her self-invited Japanese friends when the doorbell to her apartment rang soundly.

Her heart pounded loudly as she unlocked the front door, revealing three girls after it was swung open; two to which she was familiar with, and only one new face.

“Hello Mina!” Jihyo waved happily while Jeongyeon gave her crush a quick hug. The stranger simply gave Mina a mischievous grin.

“Welcome. Thank you for coming.” Mina gave them an awkward smile, mostly due to her shyness kicking in from the sole stranger’s existence.

The girl also seemed a little intimidating since she was the complete opposite of Mina herself, someone bold and self-confident.

It seems like Jeongyeon’s friends were all the outgoing and tough type.

It made Mina wonder why the performer had continued bonding with her after their classes’ collaboration had ended.

Maybe she was just too nice of a human being.

 

“ROMEOOO!” Sana shrieked excitedly from the sofa after seeing the three new guests while Momo flinched from her loud voice.

“Hello Sana, Momo.” Jeongyeon flashed a smile towards them both, trying her best to remain calm despite the fact she was within her crush’s residency.

Thankfully her own two friends were creating too much noise for her to concentrate on her own feelings.

Romeo? Yah, how many girls have you been flirting with, you cheater?” the unfamiliar student scoffed teasingly, though her joke wasn’t caught on by the Japanese girls’ whose eyes widened in shock. Jeongyeon instantly panicked for her reputation.

 

“Guys- it’s not like that.” the performer quickly explained. “She was my partner during our performance last year. This is Im Nayeon, who acted as Juliet.” she eventually remembered to introduce.

“Oh! Sorry, I forgot what you looked like.” Sana smiled sheepishly at the actress, “Momo and I had went to watch the show, but I only remembered Romeo’s face.”

“Don’t worry, I’m used to that by now.” Nayeon sighed loudly, “But yeah, my name’s Im Nayeon.”

“And I’m Jihyo!” the photographer chimed in brightly, also waving at the two.

“Hi! My name is Sana!”

“I’m Hirai Momo!”

“And I’m Myoui Mina.” the ballerina concluded the self-introductions with a shy smile, sticking herself closely to Momo’s side.

 

“So which one is Rosaline?” Nayeon suddenly asked out of nowhere, making Jihyo laugh out loud from instantly getting the reference.

The others could only stand there in confusion.

Who’s Rosaline?” Momo questioned back.

“Basically another chick that Romeo wanted to ba-”

 

With perfect timing, Jeongyeon managed to slap shut right before the doorbell let out another loud chime, catching the home-owner’s attention.

Mina left the small group to answer the door while the others watched Romeo and Juliet fight in amusement.

Just as she was expecting, it was Chaeyoung who stood before the door.

“Mina-unnie!” the petite artist could only grin as her greeting since both of her hands were occupied with a plastic bag each that were filled with snacks; even the two females behind her were carrying some. “We brought the goods!”

“You should’ve have.” Mina immediately helped her carry one, “Thank you guys for coming.” she then smiled shyly at the other two.

It was the same situation as Jeongyeon and her crew; there was one she had met before, and one who she didn’t know at all.

 

“You remember my roommate Tzuyu, right?” Chaeyoung pointed with a tilt of her head, “Well this is one is Kim Dahyun, a music major.”

“Nice to meet y-”

“OOOH WAIT!” Nayeon’s shriek interrupted Dahyun’s greeting upon hearing Chaeyoung’s words. “Sana-yang, weren’t you at Bambam’s party two weeks ago?”

“I-I was.” the girl replied nervously. She was surprised that she couldn’t remember Nayeon from the party, since she was sure she had at least held a small chat with everyone there.

“Dahyun-yang was there too, right?” Nayeon then turned towards the girls who went to place down the goods onto the kitchen isles.

“Yes.” Dahyun blinked, not knowing where she was going with her sudden realisation.

 

“Daaaang- you guys were equally as wasted that night and was totally getting it on the dance floor!”

 

“YOU WHAT?!” Chaeyoung couldn’t help but shriek out loud, unable to believe what she just heard. “Unnie! Why haven’t you told me about it?!”

“B-Because I don’t remember…” Dahyun looked at Sana, completely flustered.

The Japanese female was also blushing furiously after being exposed- since she actually remembered.

“Wow, seemed like some juicy stuff.” Jihyo teased, “Maybe we should throw our own party like that to make up on what we missed.”

“Oh my gosh- we totally should.” Nayeon was already standing up to leave, but Jeongyeon shoved her back down with one push.

“Yah, we don’t even know if Mina would want us to drink in her house.” she cautioned to her two hyped-up friends.

“Well, do we have your permission, Rosaline?” Jihyo asked for them both, making Nayeon squeal from gaining the answer to her previous question.

 

Thankfully for Jeongyeon, no one else caught on.

 

“S-Sure, I don’t mind. But I don’t know if everyone here drinks…” Mina mumbled while sneaking a glance at Chaeyoung, who was still interrogating Dahyun eagerly.

“She doesn’t.” Tzuyu spoke up while poking the bickering female’s cheek, who finally stopped harassing the musician after feeling the touch.

“What?” Chaeyoung asked in confusion, realising she had gained the spotlight.

“You don’t drink?” Jeongyeon questioned. “That’s actually pretty surprising.”

“I mean, I can always start today.” the artist merely shrugged, resulting both her roommate and her crush to give each other worried looks, but everyone else seemed to be happy about her words.

 

“That’s the spirit!” Nayeon grinned as she got up from the sofa, “We’ll go fetch the booze since we’re the ones who came empty handed. Myoui Mina should come pick for the others too.”

“Huh? But she’s the owner of the apartment. Shouldn’t she stay behind with the rest of her guests?” Jeongyeon argued as she was physically pushed towards the exit by Jihyo, while Nayeon did the same to Mina.

“Sana and Momo can host instead I guess.” Mina had no choice but to comply since she was already standing in front of the door, “They should be familiar with my place by now.”

“Roger that, Mina-san!” Momo gave her a salute before they all waved each other goodbye.

 

The apartment because silent for a few seconds, as now there were only five girls left within the apartment.

Sana, Momo, and Tzuyu made themselves comfortable on the sofa, while Chaeyoung and Dahyun chose to sit on the floor for whatever the reason.

Sana was now behaving differently from her usual self due to what Nayeon had mentioned. She refused to make eye-contact with her party-dance partner as her cheeks would instantly heat up from embarrassment.

She had thought everyone present at the party would’ve forgotten since most students were wasted themselves, yet there was Im Nayeon.

 

Realising how they were actually supposed to host the gathering while Mina was gone, Momo mustered up the courage to speak to the others as Sana obviously couldn’t be much of a help in that state.

“Hey, do you guys want a tour around?”

The trio blinked at her for a few seconds.

“T-The apartment?” Dahyun asked in confusion.

“Is that even allowed?” Chaeyoung also looked at the dancer with doubt, “Wouldn’t that be rude?”

“Little one, I’m basically her older sister and this is my second home now.” Momo reassured while giving her a pat on the head. She got up from her seat and stretched out her body. “Well, shall we?”

 

Since they really had nothing else to do, Chaeyoung’s squad ultimately gave in and agreed.

Leaving Sana behind in the living room to gay-panic alone, Momo led the curious girls around.

Their first quick stop was the bathroom, which showcased how diligent Mina was with skin-care; her sink was bombarded with all sorts of products, yet she somehow managed to place them all neatly across the surface.

Her living space really seemed to reflect her personality well.

 

Next, they arrived within a room which had a few exercising equipment and a large mirror inside.

“Minari uses this spare room for practise and to maintain her smokin’ hot bod.” Momo explained while Dahyun instantly went to make funny faces in front of the mirror.

“Seems like you’ve been staring, Momo-sshi.” Tzuyu smirked, thinking that her little jab could make the senior flustered.

She failed as Momo simply nodded back.

 

They then moved onto the final room of the small apartment.

Chaeyoung marvelled in awe after Momo pushed the door open, revealing Mina’s bedroom.

The shy dancer had light purple-coloured walls, and everything within the room screamed ‘femininity’; there were a few penguin plush dolls on her neatly-made bed while her white vanity desk complimented the room’s shade. She had fairy lights hung across the walls, and only a single photo frame of a family portrait stood above her study desk.

“She’s like a human form of the word ‘femininity’.” Dahyun gasped, making Chaeyoung nod in agreement.

“Why are you attracted to someone who’s this different from you?” Tzuyu also commented, only to gain herself a violent nudge on her waist.

 

While they were busy admiring the room’s décor, Momo was enjoying herself by rummaging through Mina’s closet.

A specific drawer caught her attention.

“Woah- look Chaeng, look!” the dancer exclaimed excitedly, making the three maknaes turn towards her.

Momo then flung something towards the artist, making her catch it instinctively.

 

“Look at that underwear! Who’d knew she’d wear that sort of stuff?”

 

Chaeyoung blinked as she stared at the item within her clutch, trembling as Momo’s words sank in with the visuals.

She was grasping onto a pair of her crush’s lacy, purple underwear without realising until it was way too late.

Tzuyu was trying her best to hold back her laugh while Dahyun could only face-palm at Momo’s cheeky behaviour.

 

Sana dashed straight into the room after hearing someone’s high-pitched scream. “What did you do now, Moguri?!”

“Having fun with Chaeng.” Momo smirked after successfully shoving the item back into the closet before Sana could see.

 

Unable to trust her childish friend anymore, Sana directed everyone back into the living room.

They managed to start chatting and slowly open up to one another until the four girls returned back to their side.

“We’ve brought the real good stuff, little girlies.” Nayeon hummed as she placed the drinks beside the snacks. “So who’s ready to get ed up?”

“Im Nayeon, control yourself.” Jeongyeon hissed while Jihyo let out a sigh.

“Sorry girls, this one’s borderline an alcoholic.” the photographer shook her head sadly, but soon she found herself letting out a squeal as Nayeon squeezed one of her cheeks with force.

“You’re going to spread false information about me, right in front of my face?” the Juliet-actress sneered, “You seem to already have some liquor in your system since you became so bold, hmm Park Jihyo?”

“I’m so sorry for ever inviting them.” Jeongyeon bowed to the rest of the students herself, before looking at Mina apologetically.

But to her surprise, she was smiling right back.

“Seems like it’s going to be an interesting night.” the home-owner giggled softly, instantly making both Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung smile subconsciously.

Of course, their own friends caught their reactions since they all knew about their friends’ crushes.

 

They merely didn’t know the fact that they were crushing on the same person.

 

 

After another hour of chit-chats, the nine girls moved on to playing games.

They were already bonding quite well with one another despite it being the first day for some to even know the existence of another person.

“Night time, everyone close your goddamn eyes.” Jeongyeon, who volunteered to host her and her friends’ favourite game, Mafia, ordered the players.

After they all had done so, she asked the mafias to open their eyes and pick a victim.

Nayeon and Sana looked at each other before simultaneously pointing at Chaeyoung.

Soon the doctor made their move and the police followed suit, failing.

 

“Wake up good morning yes ohayo.” Jeongyeon slurred as she let out a big yawn, “Unfortunately, an artist died last night, and the doctor wasn’t smart enough to save her.”

“God dang it.” Chaeyoung huffed as she laid down onto Dahyun’s lap, already giving up. “I never survive more than ten minutes in this game.”

“That means you really , man.” Tzuyu commented with a straight face, amusing the rest while the artist threw some sweet-wrappers towards her. “Unnie, stop littering!” the tall roommate groaned while picking them up.

“Alright alright, no fighting. Only discussions are allowed right now.” the host tried to stop the two youngest girls, “Kill one another later, but for now you guys need to find the mafia.”

“Well, I vote on Jeongyeon.” Momo pointed.

“Honey, she’s the host.” Jihyo reminded, making the others laugh at the foreigner’s cuteness.

“Eh? So…”

“It means she’s not playing this round, Moguri.” Sana tried to help her out. It was her first time playing after-all. “She’s like the storyteller, but not one of the characters within the story.”

“Confusing still, but okay then.” Momo shrugged, “Then I’ll choose Minari.”

“I second that.” Chaeyoung raised her hand.

“Me too.” Jeongyeon added, gaining a pout from her crush and a scoff from her friends.

“Jeongyeon, calm down. She just said you’re the host and you’re not playing.” Jihyo made a face at the performer.

“.” Nayeon muttered under her breath, which made the nearby girls giggle uncontrollably.

“But I’m not the mafia!” Mina whined from the accusation. “Why do you guys always gang up on me?”

“Because you’re the host of this gathering.” Dahyun tried to reason. “Although it’ll be too predictable, I still think it’s very likely since it’s the first round.”

“So does everyone agree on Mina?” Jeongyeon asked, gaining seven nods and one pair of puppy-eyes. Jeongyeon could only mouth a ‘sorry’ back before continuing her duty.

The game ended when Sana became the sole winner who destroyed everyone’s asses.

 

After a few more rounds, they brought out the drinks and eventually ended up playing another game to ramp up the chaos.

With the rules being that truth-choosers and unsatisfactory dare-attempts resulted in a shot, they played on.

“Alright Dahyun, truth or dare?” Jihyo was now hosting since she couldn’t afford to get drunk tonight; she was the only one out of the nine who had something to do the next day, and she wasn’t planning on going hungover.

“Dare.”

They spun the bottle onto the smooth floor, which just happened to land on the worst player, Im Nayeon.

“I dare you to take a shot.”

“Oh come on!”

Dahyun reluctantly did as she was told, the burning liquor making her face squeeze up in discomfort. “Why do humans do this to themselves again…”

 

“Next! Momo, truth or dare?”

“Truth.” she said before downing her glass.

“… You simply wanted to drink, didn’t you?” Jeongyeon laughed as she got a big grin back from the dancer.

The bottle landed on Tzuyu who now had to come up with a question; the quiet female had to think for a while before finally coming up with one.

 

“If you had to date someone out of us all, who would it be?”

 

“Oooh, you’re interested in love now huh, Tzu?” Chaeyoung wriggled her brows which were completely ignored.

Momo looked around the room until her gaze landed on Sana’s anticipating look.

Her lips arched into a smirk as she thought of her answer.

“Dahyunnie.” she revealed while maintaining eye-contact with Sana, watching her every little reaction.

Just like what she wanted, Sana’s face turned pink.

 

“Alright honey, it’s your turn. Truth or dare?” Jihyo asked the girl across from her, who was freely drinking away.

“I’ve got tons of honeys but you’re not one of them.” Nayeon responded playfully, “Dare.”

The bottle lands on Mina, who seemed pretty flustered to hold such a power.

“Oh God, you’re not going to dare me to go jump out of a window, right?” Nayeon pretended to tremble, “Please, I’ll chug the rest of this bottle. Have mercy, Oh Lord!”

“Shut your dramatic- and let the woman speak.” Jeongyeon slapped her , gaining a slap on her own instantly.

 

Mina stared at the floor as she pondered on a dare. Her eyes glistened upon making a decision.

“Um, I dare you to act as Juliet again.”

“Pfft- easy.” the senior grinned as she scooched herself towards Jeongyeon. “Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.”

Jeongyeon immediately followed the lines out of old habit. “O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.”

“Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.” Nayeon quoted before puckering out her lips towards ‘Romeo’, who merely stared back.

“… The heck are you doing?” Jeongyeon frowned in disgust.

“Ugh, you’re really bad at playing along.” Nayeon rolled her eyes, “You were supposed to kiss me after the next line!”

“Why the heck would I kiss you?!”

“You had no problem doing that last year!”

“That was on stage!”

 

“NEXT PLAYER.” Jihyo suddenly yelled, obviously wanting her two friends to stop acting like bickering children. “Mina, truth or dare?”

Mina looked at the drink which she really didn’t enjoy tasting.

“… Dare.”

 

She instantly wanted to take her words back as the bottle landed on Im Nayeon.

The look on her eyes were too mischievous for Mina to not panic.