[NEW] Our Humble Abode

Chen's Magical Roommate, Yixing
Chapter Four
Our Humble Abode
(
    A week later, Chen had driven them to the first apartment on their list:  A two story, three bedroom, two bath.  He tapped the stern-wheel as he looked at it.  He could see dust on the windows from where they'd parked on the curb.  "Well," he said.  "If we pick this one it'll take some cleaning."
    "Lots of it.  Ugh."  He heard Yixing's seat-belt swish back, and then the door open.  He looked at him.
    He leaned down to say, "It's worth a shot.  Although, we prefer houses."  We meant him and Dee.
    Undoing his seat-belt, he said, "I can't believe you never said any thing about her.  I'm not sure rather I should be offended or not."  Grinning, he opened the door, and unfortunately had to stand on tiptoes to see him.  "Seriously, though.  Why did you keep her a secret?"
    Yixing came around the car and looked at the apartment.  He breathed in through his nose.  Looking apologetic, he said, "I just had to acclimate here.  I mean, you were a stranger.  Now I know I can trust you."
    "I had to figure out rather it was you I was supposed to be here for."
    Chen's heart panged, but Yixing giving the sweet smile that warmed him with affection.  "I guess I can understand that.  So, what made you realize?"
    "Because when I spent time with you, the urgent feeling inside of me relaxed.  It's definitely you."  His honesty made him blush.
    "Right, well..."  He moved to the grass.  Holding his head high, he said, "Not offended then."  Yixing grinned as he, still holding his head high, went by him.  It surprised him when he caught up and put an arm over his shoulder.
    He said, "I never intended to offend you."  And then he kissed his cheek.
    Chen went stiff and his steps slowed.  He looked at him, and Yixing seemed to think nothing of it, like he did it all the time.  It woke the warm feeling from the table, when he'd become family.  "I'm glad I met you," he said.
    He gave a pleased smile.  "Me to."
    Sighing, he looked at the apartment.  "But all the cleaning."
    Yixing patted him on the back and said, "That's if we get the place.  It may be... you know."
    "Yep.  Total ."
    "Yes, total ."
    Laughing, Chen went to the door.  "Keys."  Yixing took them from his pocket and unlocked the door.  The landlord had dropped them off yesterday, but he'd had to work.  They'd planned to do this together.
    "Oh, wait," Yixing said.
    Confused, Chen looked at him.
    "I forgot the tablet."
    Right.  Dee would be in on this to.  As he hurried to the car he shook his head.  He sighed as the door opened.  As clueless as Yixing could be, he could also be forgetful.
    Chen stood beside him as he connected to Dee.  His curiosity had been killing him.  What did she look like?  What did she act like?  He wondered if she'd be an Yixing double.
    Because of Yixing's online business he'd invested in up to date technology.  The sleek model connected quickly.  The scene moved back and Chen had a moment of confusion.  He'd assumed Dee would be Chinese, but she had Caucasian big blue eyes, fair skin a shade darker than their porcelain, and long, straight light brown hair, with lime green razored bangs.  Her round face and small nose made her look younger than them.
    He'd figured her to be their age, because he didn't think Yixing would date younger than him.  Age made a difference in maturity level, and any thing below twenty-four would be pushing the compatibility line.  He'd ask him later.
    Yixing's first response made Chen quickly look at him.  "Oh," he said.  "Why would you do this to me."
    What the hell?
    Dee snickered and moved the tablet closer.  "Stop complaining.  I like it."
    Liked what?
    Yixing said, "You're hair's beautiful.  You're going to mess it up."
    Her... hair?  He smiled in disbelief.  He blinked in surprise when she spoke again, because her words were directed at him.
    "He's always like this.  He has this thing with my hair.  It's usually big and curly."
    His eyes were wide and his cheeks were pink.  "Um...  Oh."  He hadn't expected her to be so forward.  "I... didn't know.  He has a habit of not telling me things."
    "He didn't even mention you until a week ago.  After he'd proposed."
    Yixing didn't look fazed.
    Dee sighed.  "I sometimes have to beat information out of him."  He wondered if she meant literally.  "It's mostly because he just doesn't think about it.  But don't let him fool you.  He's smarter than he looks."
    Yixing hm'd.
    Chen's lips tightened and an eyebrow rose.  What a typical Yixing response.  He still wasn't fazed.  Damn, getting payback didn't work.  A silence stretched and he looked at Dee, then back at Yixing.
    They were staring at each other.  Being the third wheel had begun.  He cleared his throat and said, "Ok.  I think we have an apartment to look at."
    "Right."  Yixing the tablet in his hand.  He look wide-eyed at Dee and she laughed.  As he opened the door, she said, "Yes.  He does this all the time.  You have to be direct with him."
    Blushing, Chen said, "Yeah.  I'm gathering."  The tablet pulled away and for a second he thought he'd nearly dropped it.  No, Yixing had taken it from him.  He could hear Dee laughing as he went inside with it.
    Dust floated in front of the door and he scratched his arm.  He already didn't like it.  As he went through the room he itched... and itched.  When they left he still itched.  He could only squirm as Yixing said to Dee, "The rooms are too small."
    She said, "Yeah.  So, on to the next one."
    "Oooh," he said and then he didn't understand, because he spoke in Chinese.  From the tone he assumed it to be a couple's thing.  He waved and disconnected.
    Glancing between him and the road, he said, "So?"
    He put the tablet in the case and zipped it.  "She said she'll be here Wednesday."