A Plant Baby?

Chen's Magical Roommate, Yixing
Chapter Two
A Plant Baby?
(
    Luhan had bashed holes in Chen's- his and Yixing's bathroom door with a wrench, and then he'd removed the bolts holding it to the frame - before he'd tried to kill him.  He hadn't known  he could do that... or that anyone could do that.  He'd ended up tied to a chair with full make-up on.  Another thing he hadn't known he could do:  Put make-up on.  And where had gotten it from?
    Yixing used home-made oils and paints, and kept them in different size and colored glass bottles.  He'd have recognized them, so he couldn't blame him.  And it'd probably be monumentally stupid to blame him of something right now.  He put his hands on his hips and hung his head, questioning his choice of friends.
    Luhan, the Psycho, Yixing the Split-Personality Witch.  He wished he could say his life used to be normal, but he couldn't.  A family of psychics and mediums, Luhan... other friends, and now Yixing.  How had Minseok, the Normal One, kept his sanity?  At least Luhan had agreed to fix the front door-
    "Hold the phone.  Yixing."  He went to the kitchen said, "You can fix the bathroom door.  It's not metal.  Why haven't you?"
    He looked from a pot of soil with wide spaced-out eyes.  "Hm?"  Today, he wore dark red, wide leg pants that'd probably flare in the wind, a white muscle and his generic black work robe.  His feet were bare.
    After sighing, he repeated himself.
    "Oh, I didn't think about that.  I've been working on my baby."
    ....  "You're what?"
    He raised a mini-spoon like it explained it.
    ...  "I'm not following.  I'm pretty sure you don't have children-"  His eyes widened.  "You don't... do you?"  He tilted his head and his body vibrated with exaggerated half freak-out mode, half excited curiosity.  Why it would excite him remained a mystery, because the idea of a kid running around, loudly, in his- their apartment- just no.
    As if he'd said it out loud, he continued with words, "Not that I'd mind a kid here, but... you never talked about any thing like that."
    Yixing blinked a few times.  "I don't have a biological child, but plants are children to."  He looked at the pot of soil.  "And also any thing that you develop a fond connection for.  It's called adoption, duh."
    Duh?  Yixing had said Duh.  He reminded him of an old wise wizard in a young adult body, and remained young, because of an original, self created potion or cream.  So, to hear a fad word come out of his mouth... maybe reminded him he's only twenty-four.  Chen said, "So, by baby, you mean, a plant?"
    "Right.  Well, good luck with that.  I need to call Luhan.  He was supposed to fix the front door yesterday.  He's not avoiding me any more, so... maybe some thing came up. "
    Leaving Yixing to the creation of his plant baby... he went outside to call Luhan.
(
    Luhan had "conveniently" forgot to fix his- their door.  The habit of self claiming would be hard to break after years of living alone.  Chen watched from in front of the tv as Luhan limped from using the bathroom to the front door.  "So... how's your non-relationship with Minseok going?"
    "Hm?"  He yawned, and then put his tool belt back on.
    "Well, he must pretty rough..."   Wait for it.  "...in bed, I mean.  Or did you just pull a muscle?"  The reaction had been expected, which gave him a head start.
    Limp be damned, Luhan could be in a professional race.  Giddiness awoke his magic and water bubbles were left in Chen's dust, popping as Luhan ran through them.  The air cooled with a mild breeze.  Chen propelled himself over his couch, crouched and rolled around him, then ran for the door.  He didn't make it to the thresh-hold.
    Pinning his arm being his back - while sitting on him, Luhan's limp explanation:  "Free Running."  Of course.  Stupid athletic people.
    Gritting his teeth, Chen said, "This is kind of ."  His eyes squeezed shut when the pain increased.  The hard floor became harder and there'd probably be line indentations on his face.  "What would Minseok think about this?"  More pain.
    "At least I'm not a dried up old prune, always alone, your body probably has cobwebs by now."
    He felt water soaking the back of shirt - water bubbles - ha.  Would Yixing'd most likely help him improve his magic.  He needed it against this brute - even if he deserved it.
    He grinned.  "So you admit it.  You and Minseok do the nasty."  More pain.  "Admit it already.  As if we don't know.  Come on, man.  Ow."
    Luhan surprisingly still fixed the front door.  Hopefully, it meant he'd given up pretending.  If that be the case, being hurt had been worth it.
    HashTag: YOLO
(
    When Yixing had moved in, Chen had helped him clear out and install shelves in the attic.  They'd had Luhan install a new window and repair the padded bench in front of it.  Today it's where he sat, listening to bottles clink as Yixing went through his large collection of herbs.  He smirked as he heard him muttering to himself - something about leaves and hydration and piggy toes- and what?  Spinning around, he said, "What the hell are you working on?"
    Grinding something with a mortar and pestle, he said, "I'm worried about my baby."
    Chen had passed the pot of soil many times in the last week and he couldn't figure out what he meant by Plant and Baby.  There wasn't even a plant in it.  "By worried, what do you mean?"  Ok, so curiosity made him indulge people more than he probably should.  As a kid he liked playing make-believe, and it'd been easy to forget it'd only been a game.
    He wasn't susceptible to his imagination now, but yearning to get lost in a fantasy to escape reality tempted every one.
    "I mean, she could dehydrate, and her toesies need to develop right.  She has to have ten fingers - on two hands - and actual feet-"
    She?  And why wouldn't she have feet?  And why would any of this have to do with any thing?  It sounded like She didn't exist... yet.  His eyes widened.  "Yixiiing, are you trying to create a child plant daughter?"
    Abruptly, the grinding stopped and he looked at him.  "No.  I need a freeder.  It's an earth elemental that produces a certain ingredient for a base that can used in every thing."
    ...  "Riiiight.  I'm worried.  Isn't that ethically and morally wrong?  You keep saying baby - and she - and it sounds so wrong.  Yixing-"
    "Of course she'll be my baby.  I'll nurture her and love her and she'll be happy."
(
    "If there's been one weird thing in all of the weird things that have happened in my life," Chen said.  "It's this.  I can't get over it.  He's trying to create a living being and use them for a tool.  What the is that?"
    He and two magically inclined friends were at track where Minseok and Luhan were jogging.  Sometimes he came here just to chill.  Ok, he only came here to chill.  Running didn't work for him.  He always ran out of air and thought his lungs were too small for all that.
    Magically inclined friend one, Kyungsoo, said, "If what you've describe is accurate, then it sounds like he's trying to create a tool in itself."
    His face went blank.  "That's exactly what I said, but she'll be a little baby."
    "No."
    That's was it?  "You can't just say no.  Enunciate your words, man.  That doesn't mean any thing to me."
    Magically inclined friend two, Jongin, said, "Enunciate means to say your words properly.  I think you mean be more detailed."
    Where Kyungsoo looked rich refined, Jongin looked like sunshine and even if he didn't wear white it's what color came to mind.  And Kyungsoo's color is red, because he may be logical and calm, but when triggered he could get... scary - explosive with short violent hands and feet, and any things he's holding becomes a weapon.
    Chen glared at Jongin, who looked like he didn't understand why, and then at Kyungsoo.  "Explain."
    Kyungsoo cleared his throat and looked at his water bottle.  He took a sip and spun the lid on.  "This kind of tool needs to be sentient to be effective.  The energy they produce will improve any magic, not just potions, but spells and active powers.  Like an athame it helps harness and direct energy."
   Chen's mind said, "Pew pew pew."  It crashed and burned, because he still didn't get it.
    Recognizing it, Kyungsoo said, "She'll become a part of Yixing like any other tool he uses, but more, because it's like having an actual daughter...  The witch gets to choose the form they want it to be in...  It'll be like a soul mate, a life companion-"
    "Without the creepy element," Jongin said.
    Looking at him, Kyungsoo said, "Thanks for that.  As if that isn't a given."  Jongin looked uncomfortable.
    Chen rolled his eyes.  He still didn't fully understand, but he felt better.  He said, "So, it isn't morally wrong or like, slave like?"
    Jongin blinked rapidly, and then cringed.
    Kyungsoo said, "We don't know Yixing, but from what you've told us about him, no.  Plus I haven't gotten a feeling of him being that kind of person.  I say have faith in him."

(


PS:  Whose Your Favorite Character (Scroll Below for fun Poll)
Oh, Yixing, you cuty.  His plant baby idea reminds me of Sims 2 (PC Version), which I used to play way too much - and there was an extension you could add (Seasons), and your sim could actually become a plant sim.  They didn't sleep and used sun to eat and water, and they reproduced by choice - without the Woo-Woo.  Haha.
  And Hello Dual (White/Red) Kaisoo.  It's nice for you to join us.
Until Next Time,
Magically Inspired -
~Demitria_Teague