Chapter II

끝까지 기다리다 (To wait until the end)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(April, 1390)

 

 

A newborn was left outside of a hut in the outskirts of the province of Pohang where the East Sea was a door away. The hut was located on a dense forest where travelers are afraid to even approach to ask for water. The forest was believed to be home for witches which added more fear to the nearby residence. The door opened and there appeared two women in their 30s. 

 

"A child? Someone left a child, Seulgi" the older, Joohyun, carried the child gently. The poor baby was left inside a basket with no identification.

 

"Humans, they think we eat children so they suddenly want to provoke our kin and leave their unwanted children to us" 

 

"Seulgi...it's a boy" the older murmured, the child was not crying but was only staring at her.

 

"Did they think that we will sacrifice a child???" 

 

 

The witches were peaceful, their power relies on sacrificial animals but for some reason, rumors spread and revealed them, as well as that they kill males for their rituals. The head of the witches was a woman named Boa, she was the fairest and the kindest, the witches treated her as their real mother. "Joohyun, are you carrying another child?" The witches have gathered as Joohyun was carrying another infant. Whispers were exchanged amongst each other. 

 

 

"The infant...is a boy this time" she shrugged and gasps filled the air, mostly, people would send young boys to the warriors, or the scholars, or the slaves, and girls would be sent to the witches since the witches are fond of females. 

 

"A tragedy. This child's parents must have never wanted him that they had to send him to us, an innocent child" Boa carried the child and the infant just stared at her befors a small giggle escaped his lips, making the witch flustered.

 

"Great Witch, what shall we do with the child? We cannot keep him here, he is of no use to us witches" one of the witches spoke up.

 

"We shall send him to the slaves instead!" Another one spoke

 

"The scholars only accpts children from the nobles, the child shall be sent to the military"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter