Neglect

All Jumbled Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YooA, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Nope."

"Wannie, why are you making this so difficult?" Seulgi sighed after being fake rejected for the fiftieth time. "I think YooA would have said yes by now."

"You are so lame, Seul! Imagine you want to get a taste of all this, and you're trying to ask me like you are now? I would say no. If YooA says yes, she's too in love with you to see that she's about to date one lame bear." 

"A very lame bear." Yeri looked so serious that Seulgi would've thought she was at a funeral or something.

"Maybe you should ask Irene about this. After all, Bo Gum is the one who asked her to make it official. See why she said yes." Wendy's idea wasn't awful, but Seulgi had an inkling that Irene didn't like YooA. 

"I don't think that's a very good idea. Irene unnie doesn't like YooA," reminded Yeri. Seulgi made a mental note that it was a definite fact Irene didn't like YooA. For what reason, Seulgi didn't know. She wasn't great at guessing either.

"Oh, really?" Seulgi asked, hoping to get an answer from either friend.

"Yup," said Yeri, "Beats me why, though."

"Me too."

Seulgi sighed. It was worth a try. "I think I'll stick with my original plan."

"But that's so lame," complained Yeri.

" to ," Seulgi said to her before getting up. "There she is."

"Why is our unnie so lame?" Yeri watched Seulgi tap YooA on the shoulder. 

"Your unnie, not mine," said Wendy. "We're the same age."

"Right." Yeri could practically see the light coming off YooA's beaming smile. It was blinding, and it was shooting lasers into Yeri's eyes. "Looked like it worked though."

"Yeah..."

Yeri raised an eyebrow. "You okay, unnie?"

Wendy's head snapped up. "Of course, Yerimmie. Why wouldn't I be?"

Yeri turned back towards Seulgi and YooA. YooA's arms were wrapped tightly around Seulgi's waist, face snuggled up against the crook of Seulgi's neck. Yeri glanced sideways at her unnie, whose eyes remained glued to the PDA sight ahead of them. Finally, Yeri responded, "Okay, unnie. Okay."

Wendy's eyes left the sight before her just momentarily to fall on Irene, whose nose scrunched up at YooA's unnecessary affection. Wendy observed Irene's nose twitch like a bunny, a cute bunny, and she saw Irene turn on her heel and flee before YooA could amp up the PDA any more. Wendy swore that if Seulgi let her, YooA would Seulgi up right then and there on the floor for everyone to see. Wendy shuddered at the thought of seeing her friend . Gross. After Irene was gone, Wendy sighed and bit her lip. Irene really hated YooA.

Everyone could see it.

Irene didn't even really bother addressing the elephant in the room and just huffed whenever YooA was mentioned. She always turned her nose and tried to change the topic. Wendy had caught Irene staring daggers at Seulgi's now-official girlfriend on more than one occasion. When Wendy tried to bring it up, Irene waved her off and just kept saying that she didn't have a good feeling about the girl. Wendy would drop the subject and let her unnie go on with whatever she was doing, but Wendy was curious.

Green wasn't Irene's color.

Vines of ivy jealousy intertwined with Irene's fingers and s around Seulgi. Irene was jealous, alright. Whenever Seulgi blew them off to go hang out with YooA, Wendy felt a pang of sadness too. They didn't see as much of Seulgi as they used to, but it wasn't awful. Seulgi only hung out with YooA as often as Wendy thought she should. After all, they were in a romantic relationship. Seulgi still kept her word and hung out with her friends from time to time. It was only once or twice where Seulgi had canceled to meet up with YooA, usually with a good reason. Wendy thought Seulgi was doing great. Wasn't she? Even when she was busy, Wendy would just hang out with Irene or something. Wendy had been seeing a lot of Irene lately, and it was kind of nice. At least they had each other if not Seulgi. Everything worked out. So how come Irene was being so weird about it?

Wendy didn't know. But she was going to find out.

 

"Oppa," Joy said, waving a hand in front of Sungjae's face. "Did you hear what I said?"

Sungjae blinked and turned to look at the smiling girl next to him. "Ah... Sorry, no."

Joy sighed and tutted. "Oppa-yah, I was talking to you about Homecoming."

"Right, right," Sungjae said, nodding. "Uh... What about it?"

Joy bopped his nose. "Pay attention to me, oppa. What're you looking at? I don't like to share." Joy looked around and honed in on Yeri, whose eyes were locked with Sungjae. "Yah, what is that Squirtle doing, distracting you? Doesn't she have anything better to do?"

"..."

"Kim Yerim-ah," Joy waved a hand in front of her face, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Making sure he doesn't try anything funny," Yeri replied, her eyes not leaving Sungjae's for even a moment. Sungjae gulped.

"More like ruining my chances," hissed Joy. "Go and find poor Wannie or something. I bet she's lonely."

"I think she's off trying to mooch fangirls off Seulgi," Yeri said dismissively. "Won't work, but that's never stopped her."

"Greasy Seungwan," sighed Joy. "What about Irene?"

"With Bo Gum."

"Seulgi?"

"YooA."

"Well," Joy tried to think of something for Yeri to do, "go find a boy of your own."

"But Joy-"

"No buts," said Joy. "Off you go." She said the last sentence through gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter