Chapter Six

"Don't with vampires," said the Hybrid. "Seriously."
Chapter Six
 
Anticlimatic
    MINSEOK had paced the hallways in front of the vampires room for an hour. I'd been scared and had only not left with Chanyeol, because I couldn't let him deal with this alone. Chanyeol, bless him, had stayed for moral support. We were sitting on the couch. At first we'd pretended to watch a movie, and after so long, we'd eventually got lost in it.
    A few minutes in to movie two, we heard a door open, so we immediately got to our feet and peeked in to the hallway. Holding his shoulder, Luhan stumbled out, and in to Minseok's waiting arms. The door open further and the vampire went to the kitchen. "Take me to bathroom," I heard Luhan say. Then the sound of footsteps and the bathroom door closing.
    "Does that mean we can leave now," Chanyeol said.
    I wanted to, but, "Let's wait a little longer. See what happens... and if nothing bad happens, then we can." He nodded and I gave a nervous smile.
    When they came out of the bathroom, Luhan had an arm over Minseok's shoulders. He looked weak, and I peeked in to the kitchen. The vampire had disappeared. I peeked in to the hallway and caught Minseok's door closing.
 
Numb
    WALKING to Chanyeol's car, I said, "So, did you ever see that with the vampire you met - them... making someone unconscious and having their boyfriend fuming at their door, where they've pretty much kidnapped them?"
    Chanyeol gave me a blank look. Confused at his non-reaction, I watched him go around the car. I wasn't sure where we'd end up, but I trusted him. As we went, I thought about my novel. I wanted it to be spacey and plot fast-paced.
    I wanted a lot and I planned on doing lots of research to perfect it. I also thought about the vampire and realized something. "Chanyeol what's the vampire's name?" I looked at him and he still lacked emotion.
    He said, "I don't know, Baekhyun. I haven't been around very much lately, and you don't know her name. So, there's no way I'd know it unless you told me."
    Feeling stupid, I grinned. "Right."
    It wasn't like I wasn't worried about Luhan - and Minseok. I mean, come on, Luhan had been attacked by a vampire. She had to of taken a lot of blood. When I'm nervous I become emotionally numb. No one close to me would fault me for it, because they understood.
    Didn't stop me feeling guilty - when I could feel again.
 
Chanyeol Magic
    THAT night Chanyeol had decided to cook for us. My cooking skills were... non-existent. "Please," I said. "Have mercy on me. No eggy things or-" I gagged. "And slimy stuff."
    He pulled glass jar half full of pink liquid from a cabinet, then a corked glass bottle of clear liquid that looked like a vase from the fridge. I watched curiously as he took a packet from a drawer and shook it. He put it in front of the microwave. I swallowed nervously as he shook the clear liquid. He uncorked it, then measured a cup and put it in a wide glass bowl. Next the entire bottle of pink liquid.
    He stirred it with a long white spoon, and my eyes widened as it bubbled. The packet turned out to be a powder and I gasped when he added it. The bubbling stopped. It turned clear and gold sparkled like tiny fireworks above it. "What is it," I said in awe.
    He grinned at me and said, "It's called 'Elan. It means a combination of style and vigour. I saw it on your favorite cooking show and I had to make it for you."
    My bottom lip poked out. "Why are you so good to me? Wait. What's it taste like?"
    He looked apologetic. "I tried it, but it tastes like... bland, but I don't like a lot of food from this planet, and my body isn't meant for nectar intake. It's like eating ash or dust."
    "That makes since." I took the spoon from him and filled it. "What about the sparkles, will they hurt?"
    "No, it's kind of like Buukka (tiny square candles that crackled in your mouth).
    "Really?" I loved Buukka. The spoon surprisingly felt gummy on my tongue. The... something liquid made my mouth water from a burst of warm richness I'd never experienced. I gulped it and my tongue tingled from remnants of sparkle. 
    My eyes closed and I moaned. Nectar honey awoke and I moved my tongue back in forth, coating the top of my mouth. My eyes opened heavily and I gave a lazy smile. Chanyeol's eyes were wide and I couldn't look away. His pupil's were dilated and my lips parted as his true color, alabaster, started to consume the human flesh tone.
    His lips became light purple. Every thing but his pupil's became murky blue. His pupil's sheened like an animals when the sun hits it right. Silver moved from the roots to cover the human black. I said, "You look handsome like this."
    "You shouldn't hide it."
    His lips pressed together and his breathing increased. We'd had a thing, sort of, before, but it'd puttered out and we'd naturally returned to friends. We'd had minor conversations about it, but it hadn't been a big deal. Sometimes the attraction came back. Especially, when he did something as thoughtful as this.
    I spooned more of the liquid. My eyes remained heavy, but I began to feel giddy. A giggle came out and I covered my mouth. The spoon touched my eyebrow, I blinked lazily as yellow went across my eyelashes. The light seemed to go across Chanyeol's shoulders.
    A magic sound played in my head and I smiled endearingly at him. He looked hesitant. He said in concern, "Are you ok?"
    I snickered and said, "I'm more than ok. So, this is a nectar based drink?"
    He nodded and said, "It's a fresh version, not processed like the drizzle you usually use."
    "Where did you get it?"
    "From a... friend. He has a health shop on the other side of town. The historical part."
    "Oh, what's his name?"
    "Um... Zhang Yixing. And his assistant is Dee Marzden. They're very knowledgeable."
    "I would like to meet them."
    He scratched his head. "Right. I'll eventually introduce you. When my schedule allows it."
    I smiled while nodding. "It's going to be fun."
    He grinned and looked at the bowl. He handed it to me. I my bottom lip in expectation of the thick, rich taste. I swallowed, and then began to drink.

 


Ending Note:
I didn't plan ChanBaek, but it happened and it's hot, and being able to play with hybrid elements, and specie like foods... it's almost like magic - but isn't.  I can't wait to see where this story takes us.  :)
~Demitria_Teague

PS:

Whose your favorite character and why?

Mine's Chanyeol/Baek Dynamic