Chapter Three

"Don't with vampires," said the Hybrid. "Seriously."
Informative Note:

The word s 0.0, but in a describing fashion way.  Haha.


Chapter Three
 
It Up, But Not in the Vampire Way
    DAY light made the dark blue kitchen window nearly translucent when I went home. I blew out a breath and put my computer bag on the table. Chen sat on the couch and I could hear computer keys. His job title: Certified Ethical Hacker. He worked for the police to stop other hackers in the station and large corporations that could afford him. Without looking up he said, "She's not here."
    I scratched my arm and started to speak.
    "You need to it up, Felicia."
    I scowled. "You it up, Marie."
    He snorted, and he still hadn't looked up.
    His element of hacking and using his personal brand of encouragement, meant the conversation wouldn't go any where. I flipped my computer bag open and put the laptop on the table. May as well get some work done. I had three current B2C clients which meant Business to Consumer: I reworked the copy (words) on their website pages, so they weren't about them, but what they could do for the clients. It took about three hours to finish, and then for thirty minutes I worked on my novel.
    I'd self-published a few ebook and paperback novella's, and then a full book to put them in to one. They were Suspense Thrillers targeted to Hybrids and Humans who had a positive co-habitation with them. The current scifi full sized novel would focus on space and technology. Any like it were considered 'A Whirl Wind of an Adventure', and I loved to be trying something new. It be a scrappy crew, a mix of not just hybrids and humans, but also aliens.
    I'd been so in to it when multiple sharpness on my shoulders startled me. Reflexively my head turned and saw Minseok's tiny teeth, cat-who'd-gotten-the-canary-smile. I liked his fangs. "How's it going," he said.
    I looked at the laptop and my cheeks warmed. I'd always been confident in my writing skills, even though I'd wrote embarrassing bad stuff as a teenager, and until my skills had improved had I realized it. Though, even now, I became shy when being acknowledge. My parents had thought it a waste of time, with the exception of Chanyeol, childhood friends had zoned out when I'd tried to talk about it. I'd forgiven them, because they hadn't known any thing about writing.
    I'd had a cousin ask, "Are you still doing that little writing thing." Which had made me angry. Chanyeol's support had kept me going and Minseok's enthusiasm made me giddy. When I'd told him about the space and technology, his favorite kind of books, he'd been just as excited. I said, "It's going well, a little rough, but usually first drafts are." He nodded when I looked at him. "How'd your day go?"
    His slanted eyes narrowed and the pupil's shrank to a thin line. "My client wouldn't go away. No matter what I did they kept making recommendation. Basically, they thought they knew better than I did, so I fired them as a client. I can't work like that."
    I liked that he had the confidence to fire clients if they were difficult to work with. His cat nature gave him a fierceness I lacked, unless someone pissed me off. But he let it out immediately and I had a habit of holding it in until I exploded.
 
Agh!
    WHEN I hit a groove in my writing I'd do it all day and in to early morning. As focused as I'd been, I'd still heard the door open. Reflexively, my eyes flicked up and the vampire came in. Her blue hair hung to her knees and a braid went over her forehead, the end tucked behind her right ear. The dress had dark yellow lace over the center of her s, the long black sleeves stopped in an angle where a band went around her wrists.
    The long skirt made of plain material hung to her ankles, with a slit that stopped before the top of her left leg. Her heels looked deadly with pointed toes and sharp stands. Her light purple nail polish made me realize her nails grew to a point. I swallowed when she looked at me. Her eyes were an unnatural light green color, surrounded by dark green. Red lined her inner crease and bottom lid to go up the outer side.
    She looked like any fashionable vampire I'd seen on movies.
    "You've been avoiding me," she said. Yep, definitely bold.
    Afraid of offending her, I said nothing. I expected her to say more, but she went to her room. The door shut gently and I sighed in relief.
    And that had been my first interaction, besides the blaring tv incident. I didn't know how to react. Did I apologize? Could I get over my fear to? 'I didn't know' had become repetitive.
    I needed to do more research.