Chapter One

"Don't with vampires," said the Hybrid. "Seriously."
INFORMATIVE NOTE:
I  haven't used the M rating, and I'll inform you of each chapters elements.  This One:  Speaking Ill of a Landlord, Making assumptions of a Vampire, Adult Language... (If you think a warning needs to be made for any thing else, be a hero to the community by telling me, so no one else is caught off guards.)

Chapter One
    LIKE the title says, "Don't with vampires, seriously."
    My name's Baekhyun and I'm a Firefly Hybrid. I live with Hybrid roommates who weren't as hesitant adding a vampire to the household.
    "It doesn't matter," Luhan had said. "We need another roommate after that -face upped the rent."
    Honestly, I couldn't remember -faces' name. Usually, I didn't remember if I hadn't spent significant time with them. I'd said, "I guess the old coot got tired of dealing with our asses."
    Chen had snorted and said, "Yeah, it's not like we ever paid the rent on time."
    Xiumin's kitchen chair had scraped the wall as he'd adjusted his legs under the table. The sleep puffiness in his face would've soon disappeared, after his third cup of coffee. He'd blown on it and steam had covered his face for at least ten seconds. I'd expected his response. He'd said, "That's rude. We're the ones who were late."
    "He didn't do any thing wrong. You all should be ashamed of yourselves."
    I'd said, "He always had an attitude. The toilet is constantly clogged and there's leaks. The coffee table is bubbled out, because of it. We paid a lot of money for that."
    He'd rolled his eyes and said, "Chanyeol gave it to us, because he downsized apartments and didn't have room for it." He hadn't made the usual dig about me being dramatic, which I know sleepiness caused.
    Luhan had rolled his eyes. "We need the money, so roommate. Period."
    Nods from all but me had ended the conversation.

 

Now - Three weeks later...
    I'VE forced myself to be here, because the roommate had been chosen by Luhan, the second oldest, and the wisest of the group - according to him - and thankfully Xiumin had been present in the interviews. I'd been conveniently unavailable. Now, the newbie would be a surprise, because regardless of personality, they were a vampire. "Tell me again why you picked a vampire?"
    "You know why, "Chen said. "This area is lacking Hybrids that aren't committed and the others were wrong for our personalities. Too timid or annoying."
    "Besides," Luhan said. "Vampires are increasing in the area-"
    "-and why not co-habitat," Xiumin said.
    My eyes widened and I said, "Because they drink blood." I flailed my arms, saying, "Hello, we have it."
    Chen said, "There's nothing special about our blood compared to humans. Besides, Luhan and Xiumin said she's registered with the local and outer city blood-banks."
    Luhan said, "And her background check panned out. She's non-volatile, has never been in trouble. Although..."
    Xiumin looked at him, and then back at me, "She has a... bold personality."
    Panic mode kicked in. "What the hell does that mean?"
    Chen said, "It means she's a straight up person and you had better do your research about their territory thing, and nature."
    "Why?" Heart beating - fast - knees knocking. "Is she going to..." I couldn't finish the sentence, because non-volatile meant not violent, but bold... What would happen if...
    Other than the fear of becoming a meal, I knew nothing.