Six

Smoke Screen

 

“Everything set?”  

“Yap.” Mina said. 

“Okay, meet you guys in five.”  

Sally hung up and smiled, biting on her lower lip. She stepped outside the toilet and walked back to the classroom. 

“Sojin-aaaahhhhh.” She chirped, sitting beside her and eyeing her with gleaming eyes. 

Sojin irked an eyebrow at her. “What happened?” 

“Jeez, can’t I be happy?” Sally pouted, crossing her arms. 

“Awn, baby Xiening is sulking.” Sojin pinched her cheek, earning a glare. “Of course you can be happy, especially if it’s because of me.” 

Even if Sally tried to keep pretending to pout, she couldn’t hold her smile “Awn, baby Sojin is so full of herself.” 

“Your fault.”  

Sally clicked her tongue. “Of course. Anyway, are you done? I wanna take you somewhere.” 

“And where would that be?” 

With a provocative smirk, Sally leaned forward until it was almost impossible for Sojin to resist her lips and aimed for her ear. 

“Come with me and you’ll know.” She whispered, feeling a sharp breath on her neck, and giving Sojin no time to act, she stood up and walked towards the door. 

“Y-Yah, Xiening.” Sojin followed her. “Don’t do that.”  

“That what?”  

“What you just did.” Sojin hissed. “At least not in school.” 

“Awn, why? Teasing you is so much fun.” Sally said, snaking a hand on her waist as they walked. 

“Xiening,” Sojin took a deep breath. “Where are we going really?” 

“Oh, we’re almost there.”  

After turning the corner, Sally stopped in front of a door and shot Sojin a smile before opening the door.  

Sojin stepped inside after Sally. Some sitting and some standing, Mina, Hyeyeon, Mimi, Hana, and three more girls Sojin didn’t know talked and laughed.  

“Hey guys,” Sally said, catching everyone’s attention. 

“Oh, you’re here!” Mimi stood up. “Come here, come here, there’s someone who wants to meet you, Sojin.” 

She frowned in confusion and found everyone’s eyes on her, as Sally pulled her closer to the group.  

“Hi Sojin,” One of the girls she didn’t know said. “I’m Kim Sejeong, and this is Kim Nayoung and Han Haebin. Nice to meet you!”  

“N-Nice to meet you guys too.” Sojin still wasn’t used to that new thing of meeting people again.  

“We’re part of the singing club, and I, as the leader, want to invite you to join us.” Sejeong said.  

Sojin blinked, her lips apart. She looked around to find everyone all smiley and nodding.  

“Sorry, w-what?” 

Sejeong chuckled. “You have a good vocal technique and your voice is beautiful, very different from ours, so you would be an awesome addition to our club.”  

“How do you know about my vocal ability?”  

“Well, about that,” Sejeong held her laugh.  

Sojin looked at her side.  

“I might have recorded your singing and sent it to them in secret,” Sally said, her features like those of an innocent kid.  

“Y-Yah, Xiening…” Sojin sighed, making everyone laugh.  

“What do you say, Sojin?” Haebin asked.  

“I-I… I would be honored.”  

Mimi jumped from her chair and sandwiched her with Sally, a fit of cheering coming from all the girls.  

“Great, we’re looking forward to singing with you!” Sejeong said.  

“Now how about we go celebrate?” Hana stood up, clapping to earn their attention. “And before you ask, yes I’m totally using this opportunity to hang out and get something to eat and drink.”  

“Tsk you drunkard, you don’t miss a chance to take everyone down with you on your drinking!” Nayoung circled her arm tight around her neck, dragging her out, making Hana yell in protest.  

“You still love me, you klutz!” 

“They’re dating,” Sally said near Sojin’s ear.  

“Oh. I can see that.” Sojin laughed, observing them annoying each other.  

“Congrats Sojin, you’re gonna be great,” Mina said.  

“Thanks, kiddo.” She patted her head. 

“Yah, when will you stop calling me kiddo?” Mina whined.  

“Never, you’ll forever be tiny.” 

“It’s okay to be tiny! I-I don’t mind you being tiny, Mina.” Hyeyeon stepped in, and grabbed Mina’s hand, making her bite back a smile.  

“Alright let’s just go before they ask for the food and eat it all by themselves,” Mimi said.  

“I swear there’s something going on there,” Sally whispered, letting them walk a couple steps ahead.  

“What?” 

“Mina and Hyeyeon. But I’ll find out soon.” 

Sojin shook her head and chuckled. As they were about to step outside the room, Sojin grabbed Sally’s hand and stopped, making her look back.  

“Wait. I just…” Sojin pulled her into her embrace. “Thank you, Xiening.” 

“I’m glad you accepted the offer. I’m really proud and you’ll be amazing, I’ll be at every single one of your performances and I’ll always cheer for you, Sojin.”  

“I know,” Sojin pulled away and held her cheeks. “But I’m not thanking you just for this. Thank you for everything. Ever since you appeared in my life, everything changed. I have my best friend back, I have new and awesome friends, people don’t see me as a monster anymore, but more importantly...” She approached to kiss her lips. “I found true love.” 

There was so much more to say but Sojin felt so overwhelmed she could just blurt, “Gosh I love you so much Xiening.” 

“Guys, you can do that later, come on!” Mimi shouted. 

“You shouldn’t yell in the hallway, miss student council!” Sojin yelled back. 

“Sojin,” Sally called, making her look down at her eyes again. “I did what I thought iwas right, and I never even thought it could turn out like this, but you have no idea how glad I am for it. I love you, Soj-“ 

“LAME!” Mimi yelled again. 

“YAH, MIMI, YOU’RE DEAD!” Sojin took off on a run after her. 

Sally rushed to keep up with them, chuckling as she observed Sojin messing up Mimi’s hair and earning a fit of slaps on her arm back. 

They had all the time in the world to say how much they loved each other.  

---

A/N: And here's the final chapter, full of fluff and the whole group together with a happy and lame ending c':

Thank you to everyone who read this story, and a special thanks to lalelulelo09 (I SEE YOUR CATCHAE DP I LOVE THEM) and jokerdawn for commenting in every chapter ^-^

Really hoped you liked the story even though it was short! 🖤