Tricked.

Summertime awkwardness.

After everyone forced Kyungsoo to drop his ego and sit in the front, Jihyun was left with the constant view of him before her.

She accidentally chose to drown in the memory lane that wanted to destroy any remaining positivity. So, as she put on her headphones, she just closed her eyes ant let it consume her.




She was already in Songdo before they even arrived.

Standing in front of the window, glorifying the night sky, Jihyun sighed.  Something wasn't letting her mind rest.

For the past month, she had been fighting with Kyungsoo over so many things. They were so different by nature, but always said that they complete each other. 

She liked going out with friends, he always wanted her to stay home with him. And she always did. There's was nothing better than Kyungsoo's embrace before the fighting started. 

But even as the fighting stops, they still talk about marriage and how happy they are going to be. 

This was the night everything ended.



She could see Amber running towards the house. 

She was never close or good friends with her, but Jihyun frowned and immediately started worrying. 

She rushed down into the empty hallway, making her way slowly towards the light switch. She heard knocking and then the door opening.

"Amber?" Jihyun questioned as she turned the light on.

There it was. 

Amber's arms around Kyungsoo who opened the door, lips smacking together before the light was on and then scared looks on both of their faces. 

"Uhh..."

Jihyun turned to the left to see Chanyeol. 

She began shaking her head vigorously. All the fighting from the past month rushed back to her memory. 

"How could you do this to him?!" She yelled at Amber while gesturing towards Chanyeol. She refused to look at Kyungsoo as she screamed.

"Let me explain!" Amber pleaded.

"No, it's over! You can go to hell." She scoffed with tears in her eyes as she turned back around and stomped away.

Kyungsoo looked at Amber, "I feel like that was for me, not for you."





Shaken awake, Jihyun blinked. 

"We're here." Chanyeol smiled, but she couldn't focus as she only heard vomiting.

"He got sick anyway," Chanyeol explained.




Walking up to the door, Jihyun nudged Sehun, "Can I stay in mom and dad's room?" 

Sehun pressed his lips together, "Sure."




Unpacking her stuff, she heard a knock.

"You okay?"

She turned to smile at Chanyeol, "You know, I'm only here to get my car at the end of the summer, but you're warming up to me, Chanyeol."

He scratched his head, "Sehun already told you? That was supposed to be a surprise."

"Told me what?"

"That he's giving you the car."

"Wait," Jihyun started laughing nervously. "You want to tell me that he was going to give me the car if I go or not?"

"Uhh," Chanyeol gulped, "Well that was the plan."

"That ing !" Jihyun screamed, rushing to Sehun's bedroom across from her room. "You lied!"

"What?" Sehun turned around, confused.

"You were going to give me the car anyway!" Jihyun scoffed, "You tricked me into going!"

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Well, you're getting the car, just be happy. Who cares?"

"I care!"

"Why do you care? If you know that I would've given you the car even if you didn't agree to coming, that means I still like you even if you're a sister." Sehun stated.

"What do you mean?" Jihyun raised her brows, "I'm not a sister, you're a brother!"

"Am I?" 

"Yes! Do you think I don't like you just because I don't want to come here anymore or if I don't want to spend any time with you?! That's only because you're always with---" she gasped for air and quickly shut up.

"You can say it," came Kyungsoo's voice from behind. Leaning on the doorway, he said, "It's because of Kyungsoo."

Jihyun glared at him. "Yes, okay, it's because of you! It's because you ruined this place for me! It's because my brother chose you over me! It's because I can't see him nor Chanyeol because of you, and you're living with everything that was once mine and made me happy!"

Kyungsoo snapped, " off."

Jihyun rolled her eyes and turned back to Sehun. "I want to leave."

"Fine. Leave." Sehun said.

"You're choosing him over me once again?"

Sehun laughed, "You're the one who doesn't want to be here, and you're the only one who treated me like after the break up. So you know what? Leave."

"Wow, wow, wow," Chaneyol chuckled nervously and came to put his arm around Jihyun who was about to cry. "Let get you out of her."





"He always does that..." Jihyun cried out, her face buried into her arms as the waiter brought their ice cream.

"You know," Chanyeol began, "It's tough on everyone right now."

Jihyun looked up, "I know but..."

"Sehun is trying to get into med school. He has no idea if he will be able to. My parents are getting a divorce and I probably won't get into uni. Kyungsoo... Well, he really hit a rough path... He doesn't want to study, he doesn't want to leave his mom alone. You know that his dad-"

"I know," Jihyun cut him off. "When Sehun told me, I went to see him. He told me to disappear." Jihyun sighed, "So I did."

"Oh god..."

Jihyun could see the worried look on Chanyeol's face.

Trying to see what he was looking at, Jihyun frowned.

"Jihyun, I really wanted to tell you something."

"What is going on?" Jihyun finally noticed Amber at the door.

"Amber and I are dating."