Regret.

Summertime awkwardness.

Jihyun cursed under her nose, “Did I really not take keys with me?” She mumbled while looking through her pockets before gasping as the door in front of her swung open.

“Jesus,” she glared at Kyungsoo, “You scared me.”

Kyungsoo smirked, “You scared your brother a lot more.”

“What?” Her gaze followed Kyungsoo out the door as he lit a cigarette. Turning back to look inside the house, she saw Sehun, sprinting towards her, an insane look on his face.

She spread her palms in front of her, expecting to be killed right there and then, but instead was greeted with a relieving hug from Sehun.

“I thought he killed you…” He sighed and the wholesomeness ended as he stepped back. Sehun’s eyes flared as he began yelling. “Why was your phone off?! And why are you coming back just now?! Did you not realize how it would seem to us?!”

“To you,” Kyungsoo corrected. “We were not worried at all.”

“Yeah,” Sehun scoffed angrily, “Sitting and staring through the window and going to smoke every five minutes just in case you see her…” He shook his head, “Yeah, I was the only one worried.”

Jihyun only paid attention to Kyungsoo for a second, making sure that he knew she heard what Sehun said. Then turning back to her brother, she smiled, “I didn’t think that anyone would care.”

Sehun could see that she was honest.

“Stupid,” He sighed, “Let’s go.”

As they walked inside, Kyungsoo could hear Chanyeol ask her, “Are you no longer ?” And frowned, taking offense to that.







Jihyun rushed to her room and quickly plugged the charger to her phone, jumping and cursing as it took long until the phone was finally on.

She grinned while opening the gallery first, squealing as the picture of her and Baekhyun popped up, surrounded by fireflies, his arms around her.

She sighed and put the phone down.

God, how she wanted to kiss him. But at that moment she realized how stupid that would have been.

“I’m only here for the summer…” Closing her eyes, she found herself back with Baekhyun.





“Can I kiss you?” He asked with hopeful eyes, “I really, really want to kiss you, Jihyun…”

She smiled happily, almost ready to nod or slam her lips to his herself, but the heavy realization set and she sat back.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, concerned about the sudden change of her emotion. “I’m sorry,” he quickly apologized, “I’m coming on too strong? Sorry-“

“No!” She cut him off and cupped his face into her palms, “I just realized I’m only here for the summer… What is this and what will happen after the summer? I got scared.” She gulped, “I think I really liked you.”

Baekhyun smiled warmly, putting his arm around her and leaning her to lay on his chest.

“I think I really like you, too.” He said, leaving a soft peck on the top of her head.









“Smoking kills,” Chanyeol said from the couch when he noticed Kyungsoo going outside.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and quickly left, not wanting to blurt out that he saw Jihyun leaving a few minutes ago.







He followed her towards the water.

Hiding and watching her from a far, he felt like a creep, but he justified his action with the distrust for this Baekhyun that she met just today. He thought that there was something awfully wrong with him and was just looking out for his friend’s sister.

But why didn’t he tell Sehun and instead hid everything and went by himself?

He kept looking around, looking for Baekhyun to come anytime and when he finally turned back to glance at Jihyun, his jaw dropped and his fists tightened.

She was about to undress.

One by one, different fabrics fell to the ground.

Kyungsoo gulped, suddenly remembering their own tradition of skinny dipping in the middle of the night.

The sight of her bare body made him also remember other things they used to do and now he thought that he really can’t leave now.

“She’s and alone, in the middle of the night,” he whispered, his heart jumping inside his chest.






The waves washed off all the sorrow thoughts.

She was finally calm, smiling at the moon above her until she felt a sudden stabbing pain.

“Ah, !” She yelled, grabbing onto her cramped-up leg and trying to get back to the shore.

She couldn’t reach the bottom.

Soon she found herself under water, out of water, again under, gasping for air every time she could jump out desperately.

Jihyun thought about the ending.

How someone is going to find her lifeless body. She thought about Sehun, about her parents. She remembered the days when everything was fine, how she used to swim at night and nothing ever happened. Of course, she was never alone. Then she relived the sight of Kyungsoo, kissing Amber.

Her heart began to ache for all the things she said and all the things she had never said. She forgot the need to breathe in as her eyes closed and she couldn’t think of anything anymore.