Instead of butterflies.

Summertime awkwardness.

Jihyun was pretty upset that she noticed losing Baekhyun's number only after 8pm. She was looking forward to hanging out with him again, but Sehun actually suggested stargazing, so that made her a bit happier.

"Just like the old times, huh?" Sehun nudged her with his elbow as they walked towards their old spot near the beach.

"Not so much," Jihyun smiled sarcastically. 

"Don't talk to her," Chanyeol hit Sehun lightly, "She's still mad about loosing her boyfriend's phone number."

"He's not..." Jihyun pressed her lips, not letting herself get furious over teasing.

"That's remind me," Kyungsoo scoffed. 

Jihyun furrowed her brows as he pulled out a very familiar piece of paper out of his pocket. 

"When did you find it?" She asked, snatching the paper out of his hand.

"Does it matter?" Kyungsoo asked. "Just call him and go."

"You won't do that, right?" Sehun asked, hopefully.

"I mean..." Jihyun turned to him and sighed. She could see how much Sehun wanted to hang out with all of them. 

"We have the whole summer to do this," Kyungsoo stated. "Finding someone you like, however..." He shrugged, "You should go see him."

"Why are you nice?" Jihyun asked what everyone wanted to ask.

"Because," Kyungsoo smirked, "I moved on."








"I mOvED oN blah blah I'm Kyungsoo.... I moved..... on...." She blabbered under her nose, so mad that he had his cool moment just before she left to meet up with Baekhyun. It all didn't matter, of course, when she saw him at the campsite.

"I'm glad you called me," this time, he greeted her with a warm hug, "I thought maybe you didn't want to come."

His nervous chuckle made her smile.

"Guys!" Baekhyun put his arm around her shoulders carefully and brought her closer to the fire ant two guys across from it, already holding sticks with marshmallows on them. 

"This is Jihyun!" He couldn't keep his excitement to himself - walking fast in one spot, laughing so loud at nothing, shaking his head and even slapping his knees. 

"Gosh, look at him," one of his friends laughed, "he's such a dork."

"An embarrassment," the other joked.

"I think he's cute," Jihyun smiled.

"You're weird, then." The first one said and stood up, stretching his hand out for her, but looking over his shoulder at his marshmallow, "I'm Jongin."

"Nice to meet you," Jihyun chuckled and, avoiding his hand and stretched out arm, walked in for a hug.

Then she turned to the one without a name and cocked a brow up. 

He rolled his eyes and smiled quickly, embracing her, "I'm Jongdae."

And very quickly, Jihyun found out that there are still people on the planet that she could like.





"Hey," Baekhyun leaned in to whisper, "Do you want to take a walk?"

"Oh, you want me to leave?" Jihyun blinked.

Baekhyun almost choked while laughing, "I meant a walk with me, dummy!"

"Oh," she blushed, "Sure..."

"Don't get pregnant," Jongin said as both of them got up.

"We don't need another child here," Jongdae nodded.

"I'll make sure he comes back child-less," Jihyun smiled.






"I can't believe how cool you are," Baekhyun confessed when they were finally alone. "So cool," he turned to look at her, "that I actually want to show something that almost no one has seen."

"What is it?" She asked excitedly. 

He leaned in just a little bit, slightly glancing at her lips before she could notice, "You'll see."

Jihyun noticed.







"Baekhyun?" She was already not sure what was going on when they turned towards the dark park that was overgrown with trees.

"I promise I won't kill you." He joked. "We're actually almost - actually, we're here."

She tried to look around, but there was almost nothing to see besides the dark.

"Give me your hand," he whispered.

She gulped before doing so.

One second, they were surrounded by nothing, another second and she could hear scary doors squeaking open, and the last second was lost for words.

"Oh my god," she took a deep breath as Baekhyun led her into an old shed that was surrounded by hundreds of fireflies.

"My grandpa started this," Baekhyun stood behind her to hold her shoulders, he could see she wasn't ready to talk yet, so he continued, "He said that this is the place where all the wishes come true. Actually, he did this, because he had a wish to marry this one girl and he brought her here and proposed...""

"Did she say yes?!" She spun around, looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, my grandma loved this."

"I love it," Jihyun whispered, "Thank you for bringing me here." She turned back around, "I never want to leave. It looks like we're here with actual candles around us."

Baekhyun smiled. 

"Come here," he led her to the corner with old beanbags and blankets. As they sat down, he cleared his throat and put his arm around her. "You know..." his voice faded out.

Jihyun looked up at him, "What?"

He took a deep breath, "I mean, this is a place for wishes, so you should make one."

"I did the second we walked in," she chuckled.

"What was it?"

"I wished not to be killed by you."

Baekhyun laughed, "You really are something."





Enjoying the silence, Baekhyun couldn't keep his eyes off her. 

He wanted to kiss her. 

He even wanted to make a joke about how his wish was to kiss her, but stopped himself. That would just be pressure for her to kiss him because he showed her this place.

He wondered for such a long time how to make sure that maybe she wanted to kiss him, but eventually just blurted out, "Can I kiss you?"