Reunited.

Summertime awkwardness.

"She won't go!"

"Well then you're not going as well, Sehun!"

After the loudest sigh full of frustration, Jihyun immediately recognized her brother's footsteps coming upstairs.

Soon enough, his head peeped into her room.

Sehun was greeted by his sister sprawled on the bed, reading a book and glaring at him as he tried to smile through the pain.

"So here's the situation," he began as Jihyun's lips stretched into a cocky grin.

"I heard everything, boy." She chuckled, "You know that I can't help you, right?"

"Oh, yeah... You're right." He began to turn, but then pulled out his car keys and turned back to her. "Wanna trade?"

Jihyun's eyes followed the dangling keys as he lifted them up.

"Trade?" Jihyun fixed her position.

"If you go, I'll give you the Porsche when we come back."




So she ended up agreeing. 

But after a few days, as they waited outside Chanyeol's house, she kept on fidgeting with her hands. 

"Is it too late to change my mind?" She asked.

"What do you think?" Sehun gestured with his chin forwards.

As she turned, she saw the warmest smile coming from Chanyeol.

And even though they haven't seen each other in almost a year, Chanyeol still greeted her the same old way.

"Hey, champ!" Rubbing the top of her head with his knuckles from the back seat, he laughed, "Long time no see."

"Yeah," Jihyun gulped as she smiled. 



"As Sehun turned the engine on, he sighed, "I appreciate the good vibes, but we're going to pick up Kyungsoo now."

Chanyeol bumped his shoulder.

"Why do you mention that?" Jihyun frowned, "He has said horrible things about me, right?"

"It's the truth," Chanyeol mocked Kyungsoo's voice.





"He always does that!" Sehun complained.

"What?" Jihyun lifted her eyes up and her jaw almost dropped. "He smokes now?"

"Oh, yeah, you didn't know. He always comes out of his apartment," Chanyeol poked his head out the window for Kyungsoo to hear, "AND JUST LIGHTS THE CIGARETTE RIGHT BEFORE GETTING INTO THE CAR."


Sehun got out, stretching his hand out to greet Kyungsoo, "You can't smoke before we come?"

"You always say that," he replied, taking a drag.


Jihyun turned to the back seat and whispered, "Is it going to be really bad?"

Chanyeol smiled reassuringly, "I don't think so."


As Kyungsoo dropped the cigarette to the ground, he popped his bag in the trunk and walked to the passenger's seat.

As he pulled the door open, Jihyun's eyes flared.

"Oh," he didn't seem to be affected to see her, but instead of greeting her, he looked at Sehun. "Really?" He sighed and closed the door, proceeding to get in the back.

"Kyungsoo always sits in the front seat," Sehun explained nervously.

"He gets carsick..." Jihyun sighed, remembering.

"Whatever," Kyungsoo spoke, "Let's go."





An hour without speaking, just music playing loudly, Jihyun turned the volume down and turned back to Kyungsoo.

"We need to switch," she said.

He didn't reply, just stared back.

"Stop at the next gas station," Jihyun sighed and sat back.




Pulling over, everyone agreed on their tasks. 

Sehun pays for gas, Jihyun grabs coffee for everyone and Chanyeol takes care of snacks with Kyungsoo.

"I'll go to the bathroom, too." Jihyun said.

"Nice task," Chanyeol patted her on the back and laughed.





After waiting for twenty minutes, all tasks finished, Jihyun was nowhere to be found. 

"Okay, this is weird," Chanyeol put his chips back in the car. "I'll go look for her."



Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "He's going to the store to look for her? She clearly said she's going to the bathroom."

"Oh," Sehun turned to him, "So you DO hear her?" He asked sarcastically. 

Instead of being confronted, Kyungsoo decided to leave and see if she hopefully drowned inside the toilet. 



Ladies.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before coming in.

"Hello?" Jihyun's distressed voice came from one of the stalls. 

He stared into nothing, confused.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Please help, the lock is stuck!"

"Why didn't you call Sehun?"

Good thing she was in the toilet, because she almost peed her pants as she heard his voice.

"I don't have his number."

Kyungsoo put his hand up to his forehead. Walking up to the stall where she was, he tried twisting the knob. "How can someone not have their brother's number?"

She knew he wasn't really talking to her, so she just prayed that he would be able to open the door.

"Stand back."

"What?" She blinked.

"Stand back." He repeated, more stern this time.

Jihyun squeezed to the back wall.

"Ready?" He asked.

"For what?"

Jihyun screamed as the door came flying in.

"Let's go." Kyungsoo said calmly and turned back.

"You didn't have to do that!" She yelled at him as she climbed out and grabbed his shoulder.

As she spun him around, Kyungsoo could see the surprise in her eyes.

She forgot how it felt to have him this close.

"What was I supposed to do?" Kyungsoo leaned even closer, teasing her on purpose.

She recognized mocking and stepped back. "If you're going to act like this the whole summer, tell me now."

"What did you expect?" He asked without a pause, "Did you think I was going to be just as nice as I used to be?" He scoffed.

"I didn't expect anything from you, but you need to move on and forget what happened."

"So you have forgotten, huh?"

Her brows flinched, "I wouldn't be so reasonable with you if I haven't forgotten."

He lifted his head up and sighed. Looking back down at her with no mercy, he put his hand on her petite shoulder and slowly led her to the wall.

Only an inch away from her face, he whispered, "Then why do you flinch every time I look at you?"

She had no answer in herself. She hasn't even wondered about Kyungsoo in four months before yesterday. She had found a new crush. But the reason why she was so affected by his presence remained unknown. 

Kyungsoo scoffed as he heard someone coming, "You haven't." He said as he walked off, meeting up with Sehun at the door.

"What-"

"She was stuck." Kyungsoo said, walking away.


Sehun looked at Jihyun and could see how scared she was, "What happened?" He asked, holding her by her forearms.

"I agreed to coming," Jihyun gulped, "that's what happened."