Epilogue

A NEW STORY TO WRITE

Night club was never on the list of Hwari's destination. It was dark, loud, and crowded. Sometimes she just didn't get it why people go to club when they can just enjoy music and relax at home. But tonight was exception. Jaehyung and Wonpil picked her up after office, which didn't end as early as she thought despite it was Friday.
"Hwari, do us a favor, will you?"
"What is it?"
Jaehyung didn't answer but kept on driving. Wonpil only gave a weird laugh when he made eye contact with Hwari.
She rolled her eyes. Not the first time those guys were being annoying.

"Hwari is here, everyone!" Jae exclaimed as he entered a private room in the club. "Bring me Brian, please."
"Why are you making a fuss?" said Brian aka Younghyun as he stepped out.
"Oh, shut it. Hwari will take you home." Jaehyung dramatically turned his head to face Hwari. "Right, Hwari?"
Younghyun shook a few times. "No, I'm fine, really."
Hwari approached him and naturally checked up on him by putting her hand on his forehead. "Are you sick?"
"I'm fine," he said, smiling at Hwari. Honestly he liked it to see her up close when he needed to tilt down his neck a bit.
"Well, no fever though," told her to the other guys as she pulled back her hand off of Younghyun's forehead.
Jaehyung lightly smacked Younghyun's shoulder. "What's with you right now? Just a while ago you kept saying your head hurt."
"Just have a good rest for today, Younghyun hyung," Dowoon added.
Hwari once again turned to face Younghyun, waiting for his final decision to go home or to stay late in the night club with the others. Meanwhile it was not the first time for Kang Younghyun to experience headache due to less than 4 hour sleep yet still go party hard. He would survive as long as he had enough either beer or americano. This time, he melted at the sight of Hwari looking at him deeply with her softest expression.
"Let's just go home," Hwari finally spoke up. Younghyun flashed a warm smile, nodding.
Before both of them left, even Jaehyung ordered for a chauffeur so Younghyun didn't have to drive. In which Younghyun used this opportunity well: sitting in the back row, linking his arm with Hwari's, resting his head fully on her shoulder with his eyes shut, and sometimes letting his forehead and nose slightly brush against Hwari's neck. He couldn't resist his lips from smiling ear-to-ear.
In contrast, Hwari sometimes was busy with her phone, either texting or having phone call with seemingly her colleagues, or just trying to get some sleep as well. Or when she was awake, she took one time or two to check on the sleeping fox, and sometimes softly carressed him or gave him a gentle pat on the cheek.

Hwari was about to leave as soon as they reached Younghyun's apartment. If only Younghyun wasn't being clingy and needy. "Don't leave me alone. Tomorrow is Saturday, right?" he whined. Younghyun was still maintaining his position on Hwari's shoulder, but now he had his arms around Hwari's waist as if he was hugging a pillow. In return, she also embraced him, putting her arm around his neck.
"How about I'll just wait for you until you're asleep?"
"But it's late already."
He got the point. Hwari almost never went home late alone by herself. It wasn't her first time to stay over at Younghyun's. But there were others, the boys, and even Jiwoo. Never had she been stayed when it was only her.
"I'll just take a power nap for 10," Younghyun mumbled. "I still have some work to do."
"But it's late already," Hwari parroted Younghyun's words. Once again, Hwari looked at the time which was almost 1 AM.
"Why don't you go to sleep first? You can take my sweatshirt from the drawer and change your clothes," he mumbled as he fixed his position, releasing Hwari from his embrace then crossing his arms, and went back to nap.
It instantly made her blushed. Somewhat she recalled his pretty wild performance on the other day, specifically the one with bold rap lyric.

 

When in the midst of many people, I notice you
You know oh you know

I get excited immediately
There’s no way I could lose you
If I see a shy smile
You know you’ll be mine
Girl I can make you feel alive oh yeah

I stare at you without a single word
You can also feel it inwardly
You know you want me too
Accept it now
Baby you are mine

One more time after I have found you
Nobody apart from you, no one else catches my eye
The only one I see is you, you, you
Don’t think of running away
I hunt you, I will hunt you

Sorry, but just by standing in front of you I turn into a dog
Right before I snatch you, I glare like a hawk
I drool like an animal watching its prey
I didn’t think of sending you home on purpose
Wow, let’s take a breather here
It’s hot, let’s take the jacket off
Missed the bus already
This is crazy
I’m having a vision, oh my Jesus
Yes, good morning
So y even with disheveled hair
Baby don’t think of going anywhere
Don’t think of running away


Hwari froze still beside the sleeping fox. Now she was really thinking about going home. She scrolled fast on her contact list, trying to look for someone who can accompany her going home at that hour.
Zero.
With this situation, her last hope was actually the one and only Park Jaehyung. But she knew his answer even before she dialed his number to ask him.
Hwari loosened up a bit as she rested her back against the couch. she turned to Younghyun who seemingly was really sleeping soundly. Without any prior notice, Younghyun suddenly opened his eyes, which successfully startled Hwari as she almost jumped off her seat. She wasn't sure if it already past 10 minutes.
"Still here?" Younghyun yawned and stretched his body. He dragged his feet towards his drawer and managed to pull a pink sweatshirt along with sweatpants. "Here, you can wear these."
Looking at her own daily outfit—knee-length dress, she knew she needed that pair of sweatshirt. When she finished changing her clothes, Younghyun was already in his specially customized working space located next to the bedroom. His eyes were focused on his computer that showed an odd appearance, most likely something about music arrangement.
Hwari pulled a chair and sat next to her boyfriend. "You need a clock so you can tell what time it is now," she spoke as she noticed the only gadgets that showed time were only his smartphone, computer, and wristwatch.
Without losing focus on his hands typing on the keyboard, Younghyun turned to her, smiling without words.
"New songs?"
"No, just some rearrangement."
"What time—"
"I will go to bed soon. Very soon. Okay?" he said before Hwari finished talking.
"The sooner, the better," Hwari muttered as she pat Younghyun's shoulder gently. She was about to go back to the living room, preparing herself to go to sleep.
"Hey, you know I have a nice, comfy, large bed, right?" He snapped once he recognized how Hwari bent her knees and hugged them, which was a sign that she was about to go to her dreamland.
"But this is comfy already," she mumbled. Her eyes were already shut.
Younghyun smiled warmly. He quickly finished his work and then shut his computer down. Tiptoeing on his steps, he approached his loved one and spent a moment watching her sleep soundly. The smile on his face stayed for a long time. Until Hwari suddenly opened her eyes, making him startled and blushed, before stretching her folded body.
"What time is it?" Hwari asked as she yawned.
"Let's sleep on the bed properly, okay?" Without further talking, Younghyun lifted Hwari in bridal style and took her to his bedroom. Hwari couldn't hide her embarrassment that she buried her face on Younghyun's chest without words. It was hard for her too to release herself from his cradle until he put her gently on the mattress. Basically Younghyun kinda secured and somewhat locked her in his arms that she couldn't go anywhere. So what Hwari can do was just securely holding on to him, and once on the mattress, she would just hug him back as if he was a pillow. A giant pillow. She comfortably snuggled her face against Younghyun's broad chest.
He silently enjoyed the moment while gently her hair. This moment was basically their very first intimate moment they shared together. "Say, Hwari, I've been wondering why you finally accept me. What you see in me. And... what you like about me."
Hwari lifted her face and stretched her neck to look at the boyfriend. "Younghyun, it is 2AM. Do you really have to talk about this right now?" Him starting this pillow talk made her feel awake again after being so sleepy earlier.
"Yes, we do." He tried to look serious but failed because Hwari kept laughing quietly.
"Well, I'm not sure." Hwari took her time staring Younghyun's face and sometimes cupping his cheek with her hand. "What about you? What do you think of me?"
"Hey. Don't change the topic," he snapped. "I can write 50 songs and they will be all about you, just in case you forget you're Kang Younghyun's girlfriend."
Hwari giggled.
"Now, answer me."
"First of all..." Hwari's hand still covered Younghyun's cheek, and she let her thumb trace his facial features, particularly his nose bridge. "I like your nose. Especially when you scrunch your nose when you smile."
He tried hard not to blush although he was happy to death getting compliments from her. "And?" he demanded, pretending to stay cool.
"And... I don't know. Is there more?" she teased.
"Seriously?"
Another chuckle was let out. "Really, I'm not good at this," she muttered as she rested her forehead on his neck.
Younghyun finally chuckled too. "Okay, okay. It's time to sleep. But before that, let me look at you for a moment."
"What?" She stretched up again.
Younghyun gave the warmest beam as he locked his eyes to hers. He leaned in, but Hwari automatically lowered her head that Younghyun ended up kissed Hwari's nose.
"Hwari, come on.."
Again, Hwari just snuggled her face to hide her blushing. "Time to sleep. Good night," she mumbled.
Smiling ear to ear, Younghyun tightened his embrace before closing his eyes.