Chapter II

VARIANTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin always sleeps well as far as he can remember. He didn't even moved when a strong howling wind scared the rest of the pack through the storm, or even the thunderstorms and bolts of lightning that had accompanied those echoed the woods.

 

But he was so wrong.

 

He could have slept well through those noises but not today.

 

He woke up in the middle of the night by something that he never thought it could.

 

He jolted in his sleep because of a smell, a fragrant one to be exact.

 

And it is fading.

 

Seokjin hurried himself to their herbal supplies rack taking everything he knows that can heal burns, marks, slashes, everything..he even subconsciously pushed the Head Healer. Bewildered by his own actions, he stopped and stepped aside. But the healer signaled his arms to continue. They only watched as he searched on every nook and cranny of the ash gray wolf's body, looking for wounds. No one helped him, they just watched intently on his movements as they were also perplexed on what was happening. He worked diligently, cleaning and disinfecting the wolf's wounds until the watchers left one by one, leaving the Head Healer, another apprentice and the Pack Alpha was left to observe him.


 

And after feeling like an eternity of solely tending to the wounded wolf, he was done. And his masterpiece looked like a big mummified bag of bloated animal, but he cannot be more impressed by himself. He didn't left an inch get untouched.

 

“You've outdone yourself there Jin, never thought you had it in you,” the Head Healer commented patting his tired shoulder. The Pack Alpha, his father, just hummed and bid his goodbye, telling them to call upon him immediately when the stranger woke up.

 

Jin just stared at the mummified looking wolf, only his snout was poking from the mixed bandages. He didn't notice the others leaving as he was so entranced by the heaving of his chest emitting the soft musky vanilla fragrance he enjoys as it kind of gotten stronger than it was before. He drowned himself by the scent, ignoring the soft snores he was casting himself as he sat on the edge of the bed, propped elbows that now lulls him to sleep.


 

~~~~

 

For two days, Jin didn't leave the wounded wolf side unless he was to get herbs to supply his wounds. The first day he got outside he was surprised to see that it was already afternoon, he was always a morning person but he thinks basking at the strangers attar-like odor must have made him lazy. He then found out that the stranger saved an alpha and newly presented pup from a bear attack. The father was already wounded by the time the stranger came and saved them but he was pushed to steep slope of twigs and bushes rendering him multiple slashes and concussions. Fortunately, the big bear left defeated at the cost of almost losing the strangers life. Thankfully, the alpha's mate picked up the distress call faintly, proving how strong the bond had become for the couple and immediately sent help to them. They were lucky they got there in time to take the stranger, unconscious and barely alive.


 

Jin stopped on his tracks on putting the plantain poultice onto his wound as the being moved and somehow whined, maybe from the pain and pushing itself miserably on the other side. He found a small pouch than was hidden beneath him and took it. A series of odd objects graced his sight which he clutched immediately, feeling another presence nearing them.


 

“You really devoted yourself on this one Jin, he heals faster than anyone I've seen. I'm starting to doubt my abilities now,” Althia remarked as she peeked over Jin’s shoulder to catch a glimpse to the now better looking but still quite covered wolf patient of his.


 

“I can't say it will be all due to my abilities Al, I just practically used everything I know to save him. He’s got more fight in him than he offers.”

 

“You and your humble opinions, of course, this stranger owes you his life, I was wondering why but then we don't get patients like this in anyday, can't help to be excited aren't you?”


 

Jin offers her a small smile, knowingly gawking at her. They practically feel each other's thoughts now. She must have picked up his intentions.


 

“You should be careful, my friend. I already backed your behaviour to the healer. Tell me if you need anything.” Althia disappeared behind the curtains making Jin release a long sigh of relief.


 

The wolf moved then and shifted to its human form. Jin watched slowly as the fur vanish and the soft skin appears revealing a stunningly built beautiful human in front of him. The pale scars just added to the charm of his body, leaving Jin a restless feeling right on the gut.

 

The stranger then stretched his hands reaching out to him and Jin took it with both hands, so fast that he felt electricity soared and travels through his body at something he can't identify. He was mesmerized by the chocolate brown eyes directly meeting gazes at him.

 

And in those drowning moments he saw dots formed in front of his eyes.

 

He probably fainted.


 

~~~~

 

Jin shuffled as he heard distant voices eased into his awareness. He was slightly dizzy when he opened his eyes, and has to blink a couple of times to match his vision and surrounding. He realized he was still sitting at the bed, the stranger is still there except he was sitting and talking. Jin tried to move but to no avail, as if he was trapped on the spot and numb. He gulped, to ease the ringing of his ears. And when it finally dawned to him he realized his hands were underneath the sheets grasped tightly by the stranger.

 

“This omega healer here did the best that he can to save you.” Jin was able to make that one out of Head Healer's lips though he is still dazed. He can see the words that esca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter