Chapter III

VARIANTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YOU WISH TO TAKE MY SON?!”


 

Not many of them have heard the Pack Alpha used this kind of voice before, there are some definite moments especially when there are conflicts with him and the council, but that was so rare as the blood moon in autumn. As he was known to be calm and collected even at the hardest of times, even when the time Jin’s mother died, this slip of anger is a blow to his subjects who had superfluous image of him hanging on their minds. This too, surprised Jin, because since the day his body presented itself as an omega, his father has never referred him as his son, so what's with the change?

 

Jin went to Namjoon's side and took his hand on his, they shared a glance wherein he glared daggers at him, ‘don't you dare’, ranting on his mind. But after confronting his father's burst of anger, he expected Namjoon to hide his tail from him or even run to the woods, but no, he felt the warm bony hands slightly pressed his and give him a small smile making Jin’s chest swell from unknown feelings. Feelings he just experienced since he came. He decided to think about it later on as they were absolutely facing his father's wrath in just a feet away.

 

“I wish to leave with the Alpha,” Jin announced with the firmest voice he can produce, his voice, affected by his father's fell on the last tone.

 

“NO! This is preposterous! How can you leave the pack? Do you even know the dangers outside?!”

 

Jin wanted to deny the sound of concern but there is something bursting in him to keep holding the man’s hand. He didn't know himself, he feels like he's going crazy if Namjoon leave him.

 

“You promised Namjoon anything, and I am willing!” He argued and that signals the council to interfere. They retreated in the hut behind and he can hear the Alpha’s protests. His legs began to grow weak and slumped on the nearby rock. Namjoon went with him, still holding his hand. The crowd filled with silent conversation as they waited for leaders to return.

 

“I'm sorry,” he quietly said as he relaxed himself on Namjoon's shoulder hoping the throbbing in his temple ease which it did by savoring the scent of the Alpha that's making him crazy these past few days.

 

“Yeah, it didn't happen to me that you're the Alpha's son but then I should have realised it when you said you were ignored yet I don't see how they did not physically trampled you.” Chuckling to himself, Namjoon realized how fool he must have been lowering his defenses from the omega. When in day one he knows that he couldn't even hurt a fly and he can easily take his things from him without even lifting a finger. But maybe the desperate look in his eyes contrary to the facade he had been seeing made him want to explore those expressions more. This could literally cost him his life, challenging a Pack Alpha. He also considered he might get into brawl for him but strangely, he doesn't mind. All he could think about is how to get him away from here, and maybe force to claim him. He can't deny his needs anyway, and this irresistible omega has to pay. But more than that, the feeling of being depended on gnaws on him. Being responsible to someone has never been his job and it's something that he always avoid. But now he wants to protect this one, and at all cost. It is foolish to choose him above the smooth trail of his mission, maybe he will just try not to die.


 

The council along with the Alpha emerged from the hut. It is evident on the distasteful expression of the Alpha that things didn't go his way. Namjoon thought that maybe the council was trying to get rid of Jin but that is the least of his concern now.


 

Everyone gathered in circle at the big bonfire as the head council waved his hand urging everyone near.


 

“Everyone, it is unbeknownst to some of us that Seokjin is the Pack Alpha's son and is an omega,” soft murmurs were then heard and another silence came when the council clears his throat, “and just recently a lone Alpha saved Ilhoon and his son from a bear attack which almost costed his life. And for the pride of our pack, we offered him a token of gratitude of anything he wants and he specifically chose an omega, Seokjin.” Everyone can feel the wrath emanating from the Pack Alpha upon the mention of his son's name. “And since we do not turn back on a promise,” he glanced at his side, they weren't sure if it is to mock the Alpha or for emphasis, “ we should give him what he wants.” Now, it is the Alpha's turn to speak, “ It is always been a tradition in this pack to court an omega to be able to mate, and as one of our finest omegas, Seokjin deserves to be courted. But instead of wooing him, I prefer a fair fight with Namjoon. Is there anyone interested?!”

 

Seokjin glanced around hoping that no one would come forward, but some little part of him wanting it atleast. He rejected the thought immediately as three Alpha’s raised their hands. Ken, who is a friend of him went on smiling at him almost gleefully. He glared at him in turn. Another one, Hyosang walked to face the Alpha. He only knew him from an incident of hunting. He called him 'too distracting’. And the last person to go is Sandeul, he sees him everyday but they only exchange greetings.

 

“ Then that's it, tomorrow at dawn, the four of you will fight. Everyone, let the celebration

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter