fine

almost perfect
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter 5: fine

 

“i think our wine would messed up,” yuqi mumbled as she blankly stared at the image of the monosaccharide she couldn’t quite remember the name. she remembered the wine they did last time and unfortunately, her pessimistic side’s attacking again. sighing, she flipped to the other page of the book and focused on reviewing instead.

it was their vacant time after their lunch break and yeri wanted to review again for the upcoming moving examination in biology. so she tagged yuqi along. 

“same here,” yeri uttered while her right hand was busy scribbling.

yuqi sighed for the second time and buried her nose on her biology book. silence engulfed the two as they try to remember every single detail of every biological molecules.

the sound of the noisy air conditioner, flipping of pages of a book and their constant breathing was the only sound that could be heard inside the library. considering also the fact that the librarian is really strict, she also had eyes of an eagle and her glare was really scary enough to send someone whoever makes noise outside.

after an hour, yeri’s phone buzzed; indicating that it’s now time for their biology class. she yawned while trying to recite all the biomolecules on her head and started to shove her pens and notebook into her bag.

“i’m actually expecting the worst,” yeri answered when yuqi asked about what would the coverage of their moving exam would be. “you know mrs park and her love for difficult assessments."

she rolled her eyes as she remembered their first moving exam, and boy, it was one kind of an unforgettable experience. that time, the allotted time for their exam was only twenty minutes, and there are twenty stations, so it’s like one minute per station, and swear, that was the longest twenty minutes of her life.

“but i think it’s going to be bit easier than the first one,” yuqi mumbled as she and yeri sauntered to the science building, where their biology class was held. yeri creased a brow and yuqi just shrugged. “but if she’s really the type to make our school life worst, then maybe we should really expect for something worst.”

“uh huh,” yeri answered as she peered through the second floor (every building’s second floor is where the faculty room is located), to search for any traces of their biology teacher. she sighed in relief when she saw none.

“are we late?” yuqi asked when she noticed yeri’s earlier gesture. the latter shook her head and pulled yuqi by the wrist, guiding her to their biology room in the third floor.

the two girls caught their blockmates in perfect peace when they arrived. while stabling their breathing, they pulled their chairs and rested for a minute before reviewing again.

they were in the middle of memorizing when someone guffawed at the back. yeri turned her head to look at who caused the noise, and smirked when she saw that it was from wong lucas.

as expected from the lucas, one of the school’s notorious troublemaker.

“what are you looking at?” lucas’s gazed at his classmates who’s eyes were at him. he creased a brow and then an instant, all of them returned their eyes on their books, but that didn’t work on yeri and yuqi. he wrinkled his nose and his eyes flew to yuqi’s, a playful smile crept on his lips and he shot her a wink.

“i really hate him and his guts.” yuqi annoyingly groaned and rolled her eyes at him. yeri shook her head, chuckling as she can clearly hear lucas’s snickers at yuqi’s reaction.

yuqi glared at her and quickly, she covered with her hand while trying to suppress her laughter.

but her laughs died down, when something came on her mind. she turned around and simply peered at lucas’s who had the tip of pen on the side of his mouth while he flipped some pages of his book.

a sweet yet so annoying voice stopped her from scanning him. she glanced at the door and saw that their biology teacher had arrive.

“good afternoon class.” mrs park greeted as she entered the room with such grace and poise that everyone in the whole room had their eyes darted at her.

“good afternoon ma’am.”

“first batch, remain. the others, get out.” she announced nonchalantly as she started to unpack her things. she placed the big digital timer at the front while the second and third batch examiners make their way out. yeri was included in the first batch and yuqi’s in the second.

“good luck!” yuqi whispered to yeri when she got up from her seat. she smiled and waved at her while yuqi made her way out.

when all of the next batch’s examiners were now out of mrs park’s sight, she stood up and pasted all of the questionnaires in their proper station. she announced some changes since it’ll only be a fifty-item test. yeri listened eventhough she’s feeling bigtime nervous.

“don’t be nervous, kids. this will only be a piece of cake for you.”

~...o…~

after the so called ‘longest twenty minutes’ of their lives, yeri found herself smiling in delight. she can clearly foresee that she’d be on the list who’ll pass the examination today.

“well, that was really a piece of cake.” yuqi mumbled from her side. she hummed in response while shoving her things inside her bag. “but it did make me hungry.”

yeri chuckled and pulled her wrist. “let’s go grab some snacks then.”

the only thing yeri liked every examination day is that they get to leave early and they could do anything for the remaining allotted time.

they sat on their usual spot after buying food. yeri hummed in delight as she opened her favorite bag of chips while yuqi drank water since the exam did make her thirsty.

“hey,” yuqi called yeri after finishing half of the content of the water bottle. yeri looked up to her with anticipation. yuqi’s face was starting to turn red, which only meant one thing. raising a brow, yeri figured

Please log in to read the full chapter