she's like a song that he can't get out of his head

almost perfect
Please log in to read the full chapter

 


 

chapter 3: she's like a song, that he can't get out of his head

 

“jungkook.” sooyoung called over her shoulder. they’re making the ballistic pendulum for their general physics subject, at jaehyun’s house, early in the morning, specifically at 8:30 am.

 

sooyoung furrowed her brows when she didn’t hear a response from the latter. “jungkook.” she called again. but again, she was not answered. “jaehyun can you please— what the heck?” sooyoung whipped her head only to be surprised by a dozing off jeon jungkook with still, a duct tape on his right hand.

 

“jaehyun!”  she shouted, in search for the owner of the house. eunha and yuju who were peacefully cutting the box were startled. eunha yelp and yuju almost cut her finger in surprise

 

“what?!” jaehyun yelled from the kitchen. apparently, he’s busy baking cookies for his guests. he set the timer for the oven and headed to the living room, still, with an apron on his body. “what is it sooyoung?”

 

“wake that up,” sooyoung commanded, crossing her arms infront of her chest. jaehyun raised a brow while scanning the whole room. he smirked when his eyes landed on jungkook who’s snuggled up in the side of his couch.

 

sooyoung’s forehead creased when she saw that jaehyun’s still not waking jungkook up. she was about to open to spit fire at him but was stopped when she saw him leaned on jungkook’s ear and mumbled something.

 

“what? where’s yeri?” jungkook got up, eyes blinking rapidly to adjust from the bright light.

 

jaehyun, sooyoung and the two other girls laughed as they watched jungkook’s reaction. when jungkook heard them laugh, his worried face contorted into an annoyed one, realizing he’s been fooled.

 

“who told you to fall asleep while doing your task?” sooyoung quickly retorted when jungkook was about to throw a fit. jungkook’s  annoyed face changed into a guilty expression. sooyoung threw the ruler to jungkook, but he caught it with perfect ease. “why are you still standing there? quickly sit down and do what is assigned to you.”

 

jungkook breathed while rolling his eyes. he shot jaehyun a glare but the latter shrugged him off.  jaehyun stalked off to the kitchen to check his cookies. he sat down on the carpet and continued to reinforce all ends of the box using the duct tape.

 

he totally forgot about sooyoung’s early meeting time last night, unfortunately because it took yeri a long time  before she finally got the concept of the mathematical induction. jungkook didn’t even noticed that it was 3 am, not until he saw yeri dozing off on his study table when he got back from getting some snack. he didn’t know why but he loved staring how peaceful yeri’s face can be when she’s asleep. the simple thought made jungkook smiled.

 

he was too busy reminiscing that he didn’t notice eunha, who was calling his name for the third time, when she noticed that he’s been taping the same side so many times. eunha looked at yuju  for help, but yuju shook her head and pointed her scissor on sooyoung’s way. eunha shook her head (she’s lowkey awkward with sooyoung).

 

sooyoung, who’s busy fixing the nylon strings that were entangled , noticed them. she asked why with just . the two girls pointed at jungkook.

 

“jungkook,” she called. and yes, she didn’t get any response at all. she tried calling him again, and still, no answer from him. sooyoung’s blood boiled, she picked up the nearest thing on her side and hurled it on jungkook’s way.

 

“ouch! what the f—“ the ruler made contact with jungkook’s right hand. he glared at sooyoung, he instantly knew that it was her, based on the way the ruler was thrown. “what was that for?”

 

“look at what you’re doing idiot,” sooyoung breathed angrily. jungkook’s eyes scanned the box and saw that he’s been taping one side all along. he mentally slapped his self. sooyoung rolled her eyes,  readying herself to spit fire. “gosh jungkook! quickly collect your damn senses. don’t you know how long we waited for you a while ago?”

 

“exactly 29 minutes and 56 seconds actually. it’s only half an hour—“ jungkook mumbled accidentally when sooyoung paused. he quickly regretted answering when he saw sooyoung’s unpleased reaction.

 

“I don’t care if it’s only half an hour! don’t you know how many things that we can do in just a span of 29 minutes , huh?!  and we are supposed to finish this pendulum in just 2 hours! do you know what time is it now?” sooyoung’s eyes landed on the digital clock above jungkook’s head. “it’s freaking 9 o’ clock! and what time does school starts?”

 

sooyoung continued to scold jungkook while eunha and yuju were lowkey terrified that they decided to sat there and watch the two.

 

“snacks, everyone!” jaehyun arrived with a tray of cookies in his arms, completely oblivious of what was happening in his living room. when he caught was happening, he slowly walked his way to eunha and yuju and offered them his cookies.

 

“oh thank you,” the two took one cookie and thanked him. jaehyun smiled and he immediately ask why was sooyoung throwing a fit.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter