my thoughts are stars i can't fathom into constellations

almost perfect
Please log in to read the full chapter

.

 

 

 

chapter 4: my thoughts are stars. i can't fathom into constellations

 

 

jungkook hugged his body when the cold night wind blew. he sniffed as he took a glance at his phone that was lying beside him. the electronic device says it’s already 1:03 am. he groaned while fixing his jacket as he wonder why kim yeri was always so slow. he tss-ed and leaned on the aubergine coloured couch while hugging a throw pillow.

 

yeri asked jungkook to come with her to watch the stars. so here he is (of course, who could say ‘no’ when your favourite hotdog sandwich is at stake).

 

 

while waiting, he watched the numerous stars that was painted on the night sky.

 

 

he smiled; he remembered that she adore these kind of things, the heavenly bodies.

 

 

“wow,” his reverie was broke by yeri’s mocking voice. “didn’t know that you’d actually arrive first.” she stated as she sat next to him. hugging her knees as she watched the beautiful night sky. the cold wind blew and she immediately regretted coming out with just her pyjamas on.

 

 

jungkook rolled his eyes when he noticed her chilly state. stupid squirtle. he shrugged off his jacket and handed it to her.

 

 

“geez, thanks.” she thanked him as she started to slip her head onto the big jacket.

 

 

after successfully wearing the piece of clothing, she looked up and was surprised when she saw jungkook’s eyes darted at her. yeri arched a brow and raised her right hand to playfully slapped him. “you’re weird.”

 

 

“you’re getting more violent each day.” he rolled his eyes as he let yeri’s snorts enter his ears.

 

 

“that’s because you’re getting weirder each day.” she mumbled after her laughs died down. jungkook shrugged him off.

 

 

silence approached the two as yeri lifted her head to watch the astronomical objects that painted the black sky. fascination was painted on her hazelnut eyes as she saw a constellation. she raised a finger and traced it. a smile crept on her lips as she remembered the familiar constellation.

 

 

“look!”

 

 

jungkook, on the other hand, who’s busy appreciating the view right infront of him. with yeri wearing one of his favourite piece of clothing while she got excited on one of her most loved things. he stored the view infront of him in his mind, and thinks of drawing it.

 

 

“where?” he asked as he followed the line of her sight. he raised a brow when he can’t identify what she’s pointing. “what’s that?”

 

 

“that’s virgo dummy,” she hissed. she looked to her side and saw that he also has his finger raised; tracing the stars that she saw. “did you see it?” she asked.

 

 

jungkook shook his head. yeri huffed while rolling her eyes. she moved closer to him and took hold of his finger.  jungkook was startled by her actions but he immediately relaxed. he looked at the stars as her lavender scent attacked his nose.

 

 

 she pointed the said constellation using his finger. “this…” she traced the stars. “…up to here.” yeri let go of his finger and let him see it in his own.

 

 

“…cool,” he mumbled as he can now clearly see the constellation. yeri looked at him and saw how the stars reflected on his eyes. she smiled but was quickly erased when she felt something on her stomach that she couldn’t quite understand.

 

 

“how did you know that it will show up tonight?” jungkook asked when he removed his eyes from the sky. he saw yeri fumbling with her phone with a smirk on her face. looks like she didn’t heard him so he tried calling her once again. “yohooo squirt!”

 

 

“oh sorry, what’s that again?” she asked while keeping the teasing look on her face. jungkook raised a brow and glanced at her phone then back to her face. yeri immediately got what he’s trying to tell. “it’s just that...yuqi’s been bugging me about...” she trailed off and sent jungkook a playful smile.

 

 

“about what?” he asked as he leaned on the comforts of the aubergine couch.

 

 

“secret~” yeri mumbled in a sing-song tone.

 

 

“tss,”jungkook scowled and rolled his eyes. his eyes shifted to scanned the city infront of them. ”girls and their antics.” he whispered.

 

 

“excuse me?” she glared at him. his whispering didn’t escape yeri’s sharp ears. jungkook internally slapped his self for forgetting one of yeri’s not so special abilities. “what did you say?”

 

 

“nothing.” he mumbled as he hugged his body when the cold wind blew. he closed his eyes when he can feel the incoming dro

Please log in to read the full chapter