Vulnerable 1

Sick

Image result for red velvet irene sleep

4 months after the surgery, everything fell back into place with a stronger Yeri. The girls cameback with their hit song "Power Up" and owned South Korea's summer. Joohyun paid extra attention to the youngest, always ensuring she took her medicine and that she doesn't push herself too hard during practice. 

Soon, leaves were turning ombre and the girls spent most of their time preparing for their fall comeback. 

"Unnie", Joohyun shook her half-asleep head and glanced up at Joy from the couch. 

"You should really get some sleep, those dark circles are no joke". Joy grinned and walked towards Joohyun, taking the crumpled shirt from her. 

"I'll take over the ironing--"

"No way. The last time you did this my favourite shirt was burnt to pieces!" Joohyun glared angrily at Joy whose expression immediately turned sheepish. Seulgi who was watching everything from the floor clambered up the couch in an attempt to appease her. 

"Hey hey calm down" she said as she rubbed soothing circles on Joohyun's arm. Joy took the chance and scampered out of Joohyun's sight while mouthing "thank you" to Seulgi. The leader sighed deeply and turned her attention back to the mountain of crumpled laundry in front of her. With furrowed brows, she reached down to grab another shirt but a hand quickly grabbed onto her wrist, preventing her from doing so. 

"Seulgi please, it's 2 am and we have an early schedule tomorrow. I really need to get this done so can you please let go of--" 

A pair of citrus scented lips covered her own gently. The familiar warm palm made its way to Joohyun's lower back, rubbing it soothingly in circular motions while the other pulled the stunned girl closer. Seulgi's warmth enveloped Joohyun and the older relaxed into the soft body. The bear-like girl guided Joohyun to her chest and brought the both of them to lean against the backrest. She ran her fingers through Joohyun's soft tresses, lulling the older one to a state of semi-consciousness. 

"Hyun, you haven't slept in 3 days." She spoke softly against Joohyun's scalp. 

"Mmm, I just--" Joohyun mumbled sleepily "--need to finish this." Exhaustion finally took its toll and she gave in, closing her heavy lids and snuggled deeply into Seulgi. The younger girl chuckled at how adorable Joohyun looks when she was asleep and kiss her forehead one last time before falling asleep as well.

-------------------------

Seulgi awoke to soft murmurs and blinked her eyes open. Wendy's hand was on the forehead of the girl she was hugging, the body that now seems abnormally hot in her hold. 

"Hey you're awake." 

"Yea, what's wrong?" Seulgi said worriedly as she propped herself up, careful not to wake Joohyun. 

"She's running a fever. Let me get the thermometer to be sure." Wendy replied while heading to the cabinets. 

Seulgi placed an arm below Joohyun's knees and carried the sleeping girl to her bedroom. She put her down gently on the bed and pulled the covers up high as the sick girl started shivering. her soft cheeks, Seulgi hummed a sweet melody to lull Joohyun back to sleep. 

Wendy came back with the thermometer and placed it gently into Joohyun's ear. The number that appeared on the monitor shocked both of the members as they stared wide-eyed at each other. 

"41 degrees?! Isn't that dangerously high?!" Seulgi whispered-shout to Wendy who nodded vigorously back.

At that moment, Joohyun shot up from the bed looking terribly pale and without any warning, puked all over herself and the sheets. Seulgi recovered from her momentary shock and started patting Joohyun's back while holding her hair back. 

"It's okay, I've got you. Just let it out." She murmured comfortingly to the oldest as the said girl slumped backwards against Seulgi's front, body growing limp as the fever overtook her consciousness. Wendy had already ran out to the kitchen to gather medicines and wet towels for the long night ahead.