Loom 2

Sick

Joohyun was in the middle of class when she caught sight of Yerim running up the stairs towards the roof through the door's glass panel. From the maknae's reddish eyes and flushed face, she figured something went wrong during dance practice.

Her heart raced as she has never seen Yerim this distressed since their trainee days and immediately ran out the room despite her coach's warning. 

"Yerimie?" 

Joohyun finally caught up and her gaze fell upon the fallen maknae on the ground.

No response. 

She kneeled down and gently touched Yeri's quivering shoulder. Even through the thick sweatshirt, Joohyun felt an uncomfortable heat emitting from the frail body. She gently lifted Yerim's head and placed it upon her lap, feeling the extent of the maknae's fever burning through her trainers. 

But what shocked Joohyun most was the freely flowing tears cascading down her ever-so-bright maknae's cheeks. Yerim has never looked so broken and Joohyun's heart broke along with her. 

"U-unnie, i'm s-sorry" she choked up between sobs.

"Shhh it's ok, it will be okay" Joohyun cooed as she ran the pad of her thumb on those cold cheeks even though her mind was in a whirl of confusion. 

"I'm s-so tired...i can't do..." Yerim slurred as she struggled to remain conscious. 

"--it anymore." Her eyelids finally closed and her body fell limp against Joohyun's. 

----

After the commotion with Yerim, Seulgi went to gather the rest of them into the car and told them about their maknae's outburst. Joy and Wendy nodded quietly at the dancer's words, feeling the worry pile upon their tired minds. They knew inside that something was wrong, Yeri was crumbling and they didn't know what to do. 

Awhile later, the car door clicked open and they all whipped their heads towards the leader and their manager carrying an unconscious Yeri into the backseat. Joohyun slid in with the youngest and held her body upright while instructing the manager to drive them to the hospital immediately. 

Even though no words were exchanged and the only sound were comforting whispers Joohyun murmured to the semi-conscious maknae, the leader's trembling hands and sweat-filled face were enough to cement the fact that yes, something was definitely wrong, and they desperately needed to know what.