Tired 1

Sick

Image result for wendy joy yeri isac sleeping

WENJOYRI

Yeri has never been the strongest in the group. Having to debut at 16, she was forced to diet for most of her adolescent ages. Her body gradually weakened over time due to the constant malnourishment. Although she never complained, her loving unnies would always keep watch on her health especially when their comeback is nearing. Seeing how she always had to receive IV treatment during the first week of promotions, the mother and father of the team - Irene and Wendy, had their full attention on Yerim's condition this comeback as well.

"Yerim-ah, remember to finish the chocolate milk before filming starts. You need the energy." 

Wendy said as she tore open the small carton of chocolate milk for the maknae, knowing fully well how ISAC events are notorious for their grueling hours of filming. Yerim took the milk from her and shot Wendy a cheeky smile before clambering up the black van and sitting beside an already sleeping, bear-like human, Seulgi. 

Behind them, Wendy took her place beside Irene while Joy staggered into the van unsteadily before plopping down next to Wendy. The van started to move towards Goyang stadium and all the members fell asleep except the Canadian. 

A sudden jerk caused Joy's sleeping form to lean against her and for the first time since this morning, Wendy felt just how warm Joy's body was even under her grey sweatshirt. She lifted her palm to Joy's tilted forehead and gasped at the heat emanating from the second maknae's skin. 

Joy, like Yeri, has always had a naturally weak immune system and thus falls sick easily. Often catching colds and sore throats, she developed a taste for rich foods such as ox blood soup in hopes of strengthening her body. This was already her second time falling sick this month and Wendy could only sigh at her weakened state. She knew that they still had to show up for the ISAC filming regardless of their health conditions. That was what SM taught them. A professional idol would endure all hardships to acheive greater success. 

Digging into her bag, she gently woke Joy up and fed her 2 Panadol pills, hoping that they would suffice in keeping Joy's temperature down atleast for the next few hours. 

------

After hours of filming under the sweltering heat of the Korean summer, the members sat down in front of their banner which brandished their newly released dumpling lightsticks. With the combination of heat and sickness, Joy felt a wave of nausea hit her and hid her face behing her bunny plushie. The effect of the medicine had already worn off and her fever was back in full swing. Despite closing her eyes and trying to will away the discomfort with her remaining strength, she unconsciously let out a tiny whimper. Wendy immediately shot a glance at the second maknae and noticed the growing sheen of cold sweat on her face. 

"Sooyoungie, should I get manager oppa to send you to the hospital?" Wendy whispered as she inched closer to her.

"No, i'm okay." Joy breathed out. "I just need a shoulder pillow" she glanced up at Wendy with a lop-sided grin and dropped her throbbing head onto the smaller one.

Within minutes, she drifted off. Wendy then took out her infamous cool tissue and dabbed it gently on Joy's forehead and arms. Her lips curled upwards at the fact that her dongsaeng was comfortable relying on her depite her usual stubborn demeanor. 

On her other side, Yerim was fighting sleep with half-lidded eyes. Her head was nodding back and forth as she tried to shake off the drowsiness. Feeling frusturated at herself for not being able to stay awake, she let out a huge sigh and pouted unknowingly while still deperately trying to keep her eyes open. Wendy chuckled softly as she ruffled the maknae's hair, guiding Yerim to her shoulder as well.

"Sleep you little baby, i'll wake you when it resumes", Wendy pinched her nose and quipped.

Yeri gave her a thankful nod and finally gave in to her exhaustion on the soft albeit slightly bony shoulders of Wendy. 

Irene looked over and gave her co-parent a knowing smile while draping her blanket over a slightly shivering Joy. They both knew how clingy their babies were when they are sick and prepared themselves for the long day ahead. 

 

 

 

A/N

Just a short one to start things off! Never written before so I'm still in the process of figuring things out. Not that great writing in English so please bear with me :) Thank you!