Perfect Love

Rosy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The code is 0609. Go on ahead, open it."

 

Jungeun was anxious as she keyed the numbers in, not expecting anything short of grandeur. They had previously passed rigid security and went up many levels, forty two precisely. The blonde had seen this type of care coming, but she couldn't help but feel like she didn't deserve it.

 

The first thing she noticed was the place's immensity. Her previous living quarters could be described as a matchbox if compared to it; a large, spacious living room filling her eyes. Jungeun basked in it, walking around slowly.

 

"So, what do you think? Better than the previous?"

 

Jungeun scoffed playfully. "Do I even need to say it?"

 

Sooyoung approached her, peering at the girl with gleaming eyes. "Yeah. I want to hear it from you. I always do."

 

Jungeun had a simple smile on her face, but inside, she was about to burst at the seams. Sooyoung's words had some form of magic in them, some magic which made her fall in deeper. It didn't help that the woman always looked gorgeous - this time, wearing a simple gray v-neck pullover and light blue ripped jeans. Jungeun liked to think she was the influence for this style.

 

The blonde pulled Sooyoung by the wrist, exploring the huge apartment further. The bedroom had a king-sized bed, complete with a pine canopy and light curtains. Jungeun immediately climbed up, jumping on the mattress like she was living her best life. She felt like it.

 

Next, the kitchen - counters in quartz and dark-stained oak cabinets. The sink, wide and stainless steel. Jungeun opened the fridge and almost yelled; it was fully stocked, even with double doors.

 

"Holy ..." she muttered, reading the labels. Everything was cream-of-the-crop quality, as far as she could tell.

 

"A personal touch. I thought you would like it." Sooyoung remarked as if it was no biggie.

 

Jungeun closed the fridge, still in disbelief. "Are you kidding me? A stocked fridge? I would be happy with convenience store ramen."

 

The woman smiled, pleased. "There's some of that too."

 

She smiled wider when Jungeun placed her hand on her forehead, taking a minute to breathe in and out. "You're killing me here."

 

They went back to the living room. Like a kid, Jungeun couldn't resist jumping on the couch too, urging Sooyoung to do the same. The woman was hesitant at first, but the blonde was too persuasive, and soon, both of them were causing a ruckus. Jungeun half expected someone to show up and tell her to pipe the down - that was what happened whenever she tried to sing or be energetic in her previous apartment. But there was only freedom and liberty here.

 

Jungeun had to remind herself of it every few seconds.

 

Out of energy, she finally stopped doing what she was actually supposed to do on the piece of furniture. Sooyoung sat beside her, catching her breath as well. Jungeun swung her feet, pondering over things. Her life had changed overnight, practically; she was probably the luckiest person alive, or one of them.

 

Without thinking about it much, she reached over to Sooyoung, and kissed her. She had been meaning to do it ever since the start of the welcome to your new home parade. It felt good to kiss her again.

 

They kissed slowly, parting and closing their lips against one another. Soon, Jungeun climbed on Sooyoung’s lap, the woman’s hand resting on the nape of her neck, caressing her blond locks.

 

Jungeun felt herself throb from the waist down, and had to stop herself. Sooyoung eyed her with curiosity as they both catched their breath, still inches from each other.

 

"What about you?" She diverted, still breathing heavily. "Where do you live?"

 

Sooyoung chuckled softly, still running fingers through Jungeun's hair.

 

"I have no home. I mean- I own plenty of houses, but..." the woman peered down thoughtfully. "no place I truly feel is home."

 

Jungeun rested her head on Sooyoung's shoulder. She wondered if the woman felt lonely, even with tons of influential people around her. And carrying the weight of a multi billionaire company must not feel great either, the blonde assumed.

 

“You have one now.” She muttered, appreciating the warmth that emanated from Sooyoung.

 

“Jungeun… this is all yours, not mine.”

 

Jungeun backed away slowly, looking for the woman's eyes and finding them. The usual gleam was there, but sadder; a gloomy version of Sooyoung which the blonde didn't expect to see so soon.

 

"If it's mine, then I want to share it with you." She reasoned, and it was one hundred percent true. Jungeun would never say she accepted the deal because of money or assets or a place in the high ranks. She accepted it because of Sooyoung.

 

"Okay.” The woman nodded to herself, a smirk on her lips. “When do I move in?” She joked, slowly twirling Jungeun’s hair with her fingers.

 

“Right now.” The blonde didn’t care if it was a joke or not, she was serious about this.

 

Sooyoung said nothing else, but of course she didn’t need to.

 

[...]

 

"I thought you wanted to eat out?" Sooyoung looked on, confused, as Jungeun fumbled with ingredients on the counters and googled recipes on her phone.

 

"I just got a brand new house, don't you think I should be enjoying it?" The blonde reasoned, but she really, really, was extremely clueless about that really fancy looking induction cooker.

 

"Yes, but you'll be feeding me too."

 

Jungeun glanced behind her shoulder. The woman had a smartass grin on her lips, giving back the glance right away.

 

Can she stop being hot for a second?

 

"Beep beep, good point. Do you know how to do any of this?" Jungeun relented, smiling wide when Sooyoung approached slowly. The woman reached for a drawer right in front of the bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter