D-1

Rosy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere was already dark as she entered the open french doors. Her stomach was unsettled, spinning round and round like the thoughts in her head. Her boss's hands were clasped together, fingers moving up and down in sync. It made Jungeun even more nervous.

 

"Someone told me you lost the company card." His words echoed like pin pricks all over her skin. Nothing good was coming out of this and she was sure.

 

"Yeah… it's true."

 

"The. Company. Card." He listed the words as if doing so would make the card appear like magic. “Do you have any idea how awful this is? Have you no responsibility, Jungeun?”

 

“I’m sorry, sir.”

 

“You know that sorry is not gonna cut it.”

 

She looked at him, knowing what was coming. After all, he had done this to other employees too.

 

“I want your resignation letter by Monday. No delays.”

 

Jungeun took a deep breath, and nodded.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

The blonde resigned on Saturday. It was how the business worked in his mind; he would threaten and throttle their opportunities if someone didn’t resign, just so he could reap the benefits to himself or other higher-ups.

 

Sooyoung’s words came to mind.

 

Because of the glass ceiling.

 

She stormed off the company, cursing her boss and everyone else who made her feel small before, and headed for the building of promise.

 

This deal was off, but she had another one waiting for her.

 

[...]

 

This time no one questioned her or paid her any mind. She assumed it was because of certain measures in place; Sooyoung had definitely informed everyone about Jungeun this time.

 

She took some time to breathe and calm herself down as the elevator moved up, enjoying the cool atmosphere of the building. The steel doors slided open and she greeted Chaewon with a smile - the girl had shown her nothing but kindness before, and she certainly would pass it back.

 

“It’s nice to see you again, Ms. Jungeun.”

 

“Don’t worry, you can call me just Jungeun.”

 

Chaewon smiled, nodding. “Of course. She will be here in a minute.”

 

Jungeun furrowed her eyebrows. “Oh, she isn’t in her office?”

 

“She went out twenty minutes ago. Should be back soon.”

 

The blonde sat on the comfortable couch and waited. But knowing she would never have an opportunity like this again, at least, not that she knew of, Jungeun got up again, walking around the room while raking her brain for questions.

 

“How long have you worked here, Chaewon?”

 

“Since I was about sixteen. Why do you ask?”

 

“Oh, I was just curious. Do you know everyone here?”

 

“As work colleagues, yeah. But on a personal level, only Hyejoo and Hyunjin. They’re closer to my age.”

 

Jungeun remembered those two. They fit together if she thought about it; all young and with closer experiences. Not that she was far away in age either.

 

“And about Sooyoung?”

 

“What about her?”

 

Jungeun smiled, still shuffling her feet as she spoke. “How long has she been the CEO?”

 

“The role was passed to her when she was fourteen.”

 

The blonde’s eyes widened as she did the math; the woman was twenty two, and Jungeun knew this because she googled her.

 

Sooyoung was the CEO for eight ears? Holy .

 

Just as she sat back down to process things in her mind, the elevator made a ding and out came Sooyoung. This time she was wearing a pink tank top and low waisted jeans paired with a black belt.

 

“Chaewon, can you have Jinsoul bring the Corvette? As soon as I head out.”

 

“Sure thing.”

 

Sooyoung only noticed her after a minute, and she smirked widely when she did. “Oh, Jungeun. You’re here.”

 

Jungeun smiled back, partly because seeing the woman again brought back memories, partly because she was just breathtaking, even in what you could name simple clothes.

 

“Come, let’s talk in my office.”

 

She followed her in, nerves peaking as she heard the door click shut.

 

“So, you came here to give me an answer?” Sooyoung had her hands on her hips, curious eyes fixed on Jungeun.

 

The blonde took a deep breath like many times before. If she were to be honest with herself, Jungeun knew from the first time Sooyoung made the proposition, her answer was yes.

 

Her answer had always been yes.

 

“Yeah, I’ve made my mind.” She returned the stare, looking at the woman’s eyes with determination. “I’ll accept it.”

 

Sooyoung looked at her for a moment, as if she was trying to sense some sort of deceit, but Jungeun was as honest as one could be.

 

“Great. Well, then let’s head out, I’m dying for some lunch.”

 

Jungeun followed her outside, and the lights killed themselves without the need of a switch. Sooyoung locked the office.

 

“Hey, Chaewon, we’re leaving. Feel free to take a break.”

 

“Alright, thanks Sooyoung.”

 

They entered the elevator, standing in silence as it went down. It felt awkward, particularly after the deal which had just been sealed.

 

“So, where are we going?”

 

“I don’t know,” the woman brushed her hair back with nonchalance. Was it possible that she just didn’t know how attractive she was? “maybe some sushi. You like sushi?” She smiled, noticing the way Jungeun was looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter