waste

Step Up: Real Life

Your POV:


"...and down, hit, back, FLIP!...six, seven, eight..." Jongmin counted as we danced the routine for the final round to World Jam.

Once in a while, AJ and I would exchange quick glances and peaks, but I would be the first to turn away because I was so shy and fluttery about the kiss all those nights ago.

I think the rest of UKISS were getting a bit suspicious because AJ was suddenly paying so much more attention to me now, unlike the few months before.

The camera crew were filming our practice, and that somewhat made me put a bit more effort into the dance.

I took the opportunity to show the viewers, or haters, that I'm not some that wants UKISS to herself, but more of someone who works hard to claim a prize for their efforts, aka World Jam.

A few minutes later, we've finished practicing for the day, the show crew finished filming, so I headed back to my room with UKISS.

I forcibly sat down on the seat and went onto World Jam's website to check the date it was going to be held.

Once we were on, a video started playing, making UKISS huddle around me to see what was on the screen.

My heart stopped at the video's content.

It was our dance practice.

Oh god.

Oh god...

"Wh-what...?" I breathed, too shocked to say anything, too mixed up in my emotions.

"This cannot be happening." Soohyun muttered.

"We've worked too hard for this," AJ added.

Still in my daze, not caring if I'm surprising UKISS with my wierd zombie-like actions, I walked out of my room to go and tell the rest of O2.

"________-ah, wait, are you sure you want to tell them?" Kevin asked with worry.

I stopped walking and turned around, my expression still the same, and nodded. "They need to know."

"...okay..."


Kevin's POV:


Once ________ was out, the rest of us stayed in her room to avoid the chaos that is going to follow after her news.

It was a bit surprising that she didn't explode, or anything, since that's what she would usually do, knowing her and her fiesty attitude.

I then remembered the exchange of glances between her and AJ at dance practice.

Oh, yeah, I gotta ask him about that. "Yah, AJ, what's with you and ________ these days? Since when did you like her so much?"

He looked in another direction before muttering "Since the beginning,".

Our jaws dropped.

How?

He always acted like he hated her and the place...that's a wierd way to express your feelings towards a girl.

"But...you always-"

"Acted like I hated her? Yeah, I know, but I had to...hide my feelings somehow..."

I just felt like giving him a good punch in the face.

THAT IS THE DUMBEST EXCUSE EVER FOR ACTING LIKE YOU HATE SOMEONE.

Kiseop, as if he read my mind, got up and shoved AJ to the ground.

"Hey, what's your problem?!" AJ hissed.

Kiseop scoffed. "My problem? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE HER LIFE HELL ALL THESE WEEKS SO YOU CAN HIDE YOUR STUPID FEELINGS!!"

"Well, it's not like you don't have any for her."

"Yeah, well, at least I didn't have to hide my feelings by being such a jerk towards her! Why couldn't you act like a friend for her? After all, she's the most precious fan I've ever come across!"

"Can't you see how much she's done for us?" Hoon interjected, adding to Kiseop's arguments. "She risked her life so many times to protect us, I can't even keep count as to how many; she took care of us since no one in her group even bothers to; she sacrifices her time and comfort for us; and she's willing to give up anything for us because we're her favourite group, on top of that, she's living a harsh life that no one can understand, and you decide to hide your so-called 'feelings' by treating her that way?"

AJ stayed silent.

Those confessions shocked me. I thought I was the only one with feelings for _________.

"So why was she all blushing whenever you two would look at each other?" Soohyun asked.

"...well...I...kissed her?"

WAIT.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" we yelled at him.

"WHY DID YOU KISS HER?!"

"ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU TREATED HER LIKE CRAP!"

"I can't believe you..." Kiseop muttered before leaving the room.

I sensed the tension in the atmosphere because of the state of our group right now.

Why...

Why would AJ do that?

I thought I was going to be her first kiss, but, I guess not...

I felt my heart slowly tear up in half.

All of a sudden, we heard someone, or some people yell "WHAT THE ?!!?!?!?!" that broke the silence.

The door slammed open again and Kiseop came panting back in.

"Well, you certainly took your time." Eli said. Kiseop snarled at him.

"I SWEAR, I JUST FOUND OUT A FEW MINUTES AGO!!!" ________ cried.

"WHO THE HELL DID THAT?!" one of the guys, I think it was Jongmin, bellowed.

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS ONE OF YOUR BOYFRIENDS!" GaYoung screeched.

"THEY'RE NOT MY BOYFRIENDS! AND HOW COULD THEY HAVE FILMED IT WHEN THEY WERE DANCING WITH US?"

There was a suddenly eerie silence.

I gulped at how furious ________'s group can get.

Minutes later, ________ walked into the room with her head down, tiredly slumping on her bed next to where I was sitting.

"_________-ah, are you okay?" I said gently and placed my hand on her shoulder.

She sniffed and got up, forcing a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Yet another thing she does for us:

Pretending everything is okay.

Hiding her problems so she doesn't worry the ones that she cares about.

I wrapped my arms around her small body and brought her close to me, placing my chin over her shoulder.

I then felt her delicate arms snake around my torso as she hugged me back.

"It's okay, _________...everything's going to be okay..." I whispered.

"No it's not," she sobbed into my shirt. "Everything we've worked so hard for had gone to waste. We might as well give up."

I grabbed her shoulders and forcibly broke the hug, making her face me.

"Giving up is not in our dictionary." I said firmly, looking into her beautiful eyes. "You're not a KissMe if you know about giving up."

"Yeah, ________," Dongho added. "Look at us. I'm pretty sure you are more than capable of knowing that we didn't win anything since our debut. After all, you said that you were a fan since the beginning, right? So you've been through every year with us knowing that we didn't win, right?"

"And look at us now." Kiseop continued. "We haven't disbanded, or left the industry. We're working harder than ever to be recognised, and you should know that."

She looked around and her face slowly lit up. "Okay. Let's do this again."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

sorry for not updating in a week, guys! i hope you don't hate me for it T_____________T

school started again and everything just hit me with full force, OTL

the action and drama will appear again in the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENTS AND SUBBERS ARE LOVED!!!!!!!