Seulgi of House Kang

The Warrior and the Mage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, thanks for the interest in this fic. I think I will probably draw inspiration from the first and third games of the series, and I really loved the inquisition opening as far as the main character getting that mark on their hands, and only they can fix the magical damages done by the event. I probably will keep certain names of places as they were cool as they are, and other important terms. So yeah, I am rambling lol. I will add any notes at the end for any confusing areas and will try my best to deliver a good story.


 

The door to the prison cells slammed open and a tall woman with light brown hair entered the room where the prisoner was being held. A shorter woman with dark brown hair and gray hood on concealing much of her face followed behind the taller woman dressed in a fur robe surrounding her bronze armor. The taller woman grabs the prisoner in one swift motion.

 

“Well, kid. Do you want to tell us why we shouldn’t end your life?”

 

The young prisoner with jet black hair, and monolid eyes, adorned in the ebony and dark red metallic armor of her family house and lion crest on the chest piece looks up at the woman. Seulgi can tell this woman has obviously seen wars and is probably not one to be messed with. She will not back down or show fear, as her father taught her to always be brave no matter what.

 

“You shouldn’t kill me because I didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

The light brown haired woman snarls and nearly throws Seulgi to the ground, when the woman in the hood stops her.

 

“Stop it, Summer. We need her.”

 

“That remains to be seen.” The woman, Summer grunts and throws the younger woman down. Seulgi’s hands are in shackles and there isn’t much she can do right now anyway. Her blade and shield lay in the corner and out of reach. The shorter woman kneels down before Seulgi and now she can get a good look at her face. The woman has dark brown hair, round shaped eyes, and appears almost cat-like to Seulgi with her bright brown orbs. She is dressed in armor too, with a raven medallion clasped tightly to her hood. Seulgi can see the bow and arrows strapped to her back as well. Jessica looks down at the young woman,  who can't be more than in her early to mid twenties at best. It’s obvious from her armor that she is no commoner and is without a doubt of noble birth.

 

“What house do you belong to?” Jessica questions.

 

“House Kang.” Seulgi answers. “Look, I didn’t do anything wrong, and I think you should let me go.”

 

“That mark on your hand says otherwise, kid.” Summer motions to the bright green mark that is embedded in Seulgi’s left hand. Seulgi has no idea where this came from, but it surely hurts like hell.

 

“I...I don’t know where this came from.”

 

“Look, kid. All we know is there’s a ton of demons everywhere and a huge in the sky bringing them out. You’re the one with this mark on your hand, kid, and the only one who survived at the grand cathedral when no one else did.”

 

Seulgi remembers being sent to the cathedral by her family to observe the peace talks between the mages, templars, and the divine. She can’t remember getting this mark on her hand. Summer is looking down at her with a disgruntled expression. Jessica intervenes and helps Seulgi to her feet.

 

“We don’t have time for this. We are in a crisis and she is going to have to help us, Summer. The mark on her hand could be of use.”

 

“I would rather leave her to rot down here.”

 

“No, wait. I can help.” Seulgi tells the other warrior. “I can help fight whatever’s out there right now. Just undo these shackles and let me get my shield and sword.”

 

Summer looks hesitant but Jessica allows for this to happen. Seulgi is freed and the first thing the young woman does is collect her weapons.

 

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

Summer leads the way with sword in hand, Jessica behind her and nods to Seulgi to follow. The first thing the young warrior sees is the torn apart sky with the bright green glow, similar to her marked hand. There are indeed demons surrounding the walls of the old fort they are in. Men and women adorned in dark grey armor in battles with the monstrous beasts.

 

“Well, kid.” Summer turns back to her as she slices through a lesser demon. “Can you fight?”

 

Seulgi smirks ever so slightly at that comment. Can she fight, is that even a serious question. The dark-haired warrior lowers her shield and runs forward with blade in hand. She strikes the second demon in half with precision. Summer looks slightly impressed but it fades quickly.

 

“Good, then you won’t die at least.”

 

“I’m not just some noble that sat around in a castle all day. I can help you, and more importantly I want to help.”

 

Jessica raises her bow and arrow then. Seulgi stiffens as she thinks she is about to be shot by the rogue. However, the brunette aims passed her and shoots a demon at far off range.

 

“Holy .” Seulgi breathes.

 

“It was behind you.”

 

“I thought you were going to shoot me.”

 

“The day isn’t over yet, kid.” Summer says then. “Come on, we need to go to the temple. It’s where this started.”

 

Seulgi follows after the two older women. They fight through the demons as they make their way up the snowy path. Seulgi just hopes that she won’t be killed after she helps them.

 

“You really don’t remember anything?” Jessica asks her after firing another shot at a demon. Seulgi pulls back her blade and shakes her head.

 

“I don’t remember anything, I’m sorry.”

 

“Let’s not worry about that now. We’re going to need backup, and we are about to find it.” Summer says and runs up the path to where Seulgi can hear more fighting. The young woman pauses for a moment when she sees the giant pride demon with its huge horns and scaly skin running amok. There are mages as well casting spells and helping the warriors who are battling it. Seulgi watches as both Summer and Jessica spring into action. The rouge firing multi shots of arrows and the warrior acting as a shield wall with her shield.

 

“You come here!” One of the mages shouts out to Seulgi, who hurries over. The mage takes her by the marked hand and throws it in the air. The green light from her hand closes the small tear left behind from the demon.

 

“Wow.” Seulgi whispers. “This thing is good for something.” The warrior looks down to her marked hand.

 

“We don’t know yet what this mark on your hand can do.” The mage who called her says as she releases your hand. “But it’s clear it’s sealing the rifts.”

 

“Sealing the rifts?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Hi, my name is Yoona.” The blonde haired mage says. “The magic that’s tearing up the sky is coming from the fade, and we think it’s directly related to the mark on your hand.”

 

“I see.” Seulgi nods. She knows the fade is the dream world, all manners of demons reside in the fade, and the only people who can truly access the fade are mages who have that connection to the fade. Summer walks over then.

 

“Yoona, we don’t have time for this. We need to get to the temple now.”

 

“Well, hello to you too, Commander.” The blonde mage snorts. She notices Jessica standing behind as she normally is, quiet and deadly like any rogue.

 

“Jessica, I didn’t expect to see you here.”

 

“We’re escorting the prisoner to the temple. She can help us, and obviously so with her mark.”

 

“It’s magical the mark on her hands, and so she can help seal the rifts. I’m going with you guys, you’ll need a mage. There’s no telling what else is out here.” Yoona explains. Seulgi thinks it’s a good idea to have a mage with them. Summer nods in approval and the party of four continue on along the frozen earth. Seulgi herself isn’t from these frozen cold lands, and is used to warmer, sunnier lands in the north where her family’s castle is located just off the coast.

 

“You’re a noble.” Yoona speaks from beside the dark-haired warrior.

 

“Yes, but that’s not important now. I’m a prisoner for the time being.”

 

“Don’t worry about the Commander she’s really a big softie.”

 

Summer turns back and glares at the blonde mage. Yoona is unaffected by her glare and raises her rosewood staff as if she will hit her.

 

“I’m not afraid of you, Commander. I don’t even need the staff to hit your with a fireball.”

 

“Whatever, annoying mage.” The ligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter