Flame

Rainbows

So after the day of my Jeju trip with Jisoo-unnie, we went back to our dorm and continued with our daily lives. But, after the trip, there were two things that changed quite drastically.

The first one was the number of gazes and stares I did towards Jisoo-unnie’s pretty face. And the second one was me and Jisoo-unnie’s attitude towards each other. We started to scold each other whenever one of us do something that can harm ourselves. After our first fight in Jeju, it seemed that we became more open to each other and started to care deeply, at least for me it felt like that. And Jisoo-unnie was a bit weird every time she tries to help me on doing something, she was just awkward every time she gave me a helping hand. I then remembered what Jisoo’s brother said to me when I cried because Jisoo-unnie punched me.

 

Hey, what happened?”, said Jisoo-unnie’s brother.

“No I’m okay, oppa”, I said while wiping my tears.

He stared at me for a while as if he was trying to read my mind. He was smoking and looked away, then gave out a little smile.

 

“Hey…, thank you”, said Jisoo’s brother.

“For what, oppa?”, I said.

“You know, nowadays Jisoo is kinda different…”, He said.

I listened thoroughly, I could felt my heart beating and my face was getting hot.

“Maybe when she’s outside of our home, she’s different and you wouldn’t know what she’s like at home”, He said.

“Sorry, what do you mean, oppa?”, I said.

“Jisoo is a lazy-”, said Jisoo-unnie’s brother

I burst out laughing while nodding.

“She is”, I said covering my mouth.

“Yeah, but nowadays she changed. She is more…”, He stopped for a while.

“Motherly…?”, He said before he let out a small laughter.

I laughed too.

 

“She is the youngest in our family, so no wonder she was so lazy”, He said.

“Maybe if she has someone she cares about, she can change,… that’s what I thought”, He continued.

My face was red, boy.

“Ah, then why are you thanking me oppa? Jisoo has a lot of friends you know”, I said with a flustered face.

“But she invited you here though, only you”, He said confidently.

“And I know that she has no boyfriend,…because that kid is kinda weird”, He said.

We laughed together at that statement

“What I’m saying is, Jisoo changed because she has you now. Maybe she saw you as her little sister or whatever, I don’t know… don’t cry no more okay?”, He dropped his cigar into the trash bin and left, waving his hand to me while looking away.

 

“Jennie…”

 

“JENDEUK!”, Jisoo-unnie woke me up with a loud voice. I was startled and opened my eyes to find that it was 8 pm. She suddenly made a sad face while holding her stomach. I was kinda hungry too.

 

“Let’s eat”, Jisoo-unnie said to me.

“What do you want to eat, unnie?”, I asked her.

“I don’t know…”, She said while making a sad face.

“You want ramen?”, I asked her.

She shook her head.

“I want some fried rice…, kimchi fried rice”, She said.

“Okay, I’ll make you some”, I said while smiling at her cute demeanor.

 

I know how to cook. Not a pro, but good enough. We went to the dorm’s kitchen, I prepared the ingredients for the kimchi fried rice and started to process the ingredients. Jisoo-unnie watched me as I cook with that innocent stare. She picked up her phone and started recording me.

I was kinda flustered but I just laughed as she continues to record me. She sat at the dining chair in the middle of the room. There were some other trainees in the kitchen but they only came to pick up something in the fridge. Then came Lisa.

 

“Yo, yo, yo”, She approached Jisoo.

“Yo, yo, yo”, Jisoo-unnie copied Lisa.

Lisa is one of the few trainees that I trust. The other is garbage, they acted like they like me.

“Lisa, what are you doing here, get out”, I jokingly said to her.

“Okay…”,  Lisa got out of the kitchen, then came in again with the same annoying line.

“Yo, yo, yo”, said Lisa.

Me and Jisoo-unnie laughed.

“What are you guys-girls doing here?”, Lisa asked to me.

“We’re going to eat, my wife is cooking”, Jisoo-unnie jokingly(?) said as she pointed me. My face was hotter than the fire.

“Oh, can I try your cooking tho?”, asked Lisa enthusiastically.

“No.”, I said without remorse. As I said that the kimchi fried rice was almost done, and I want Jisoo-unnie to taste it first, to find out whether or not the fried rice was to her liking.

I picked a spoon of the fried rice and blew on it, then I fed Jisoo-unnie with the spoon. Jisoo-unnie blew the rice first then ate it like a cute dinosaur. Lisa was kinda surprised when we did that thing.

“Wow, you two are close”, Lisa said smiling. I ignored her.

“Of course, she’s wife”, Jisoo-unnie awkwardly-confidently replied. Then Jisoo-unnie gave her thumbs. Means that my fried rice was perfect. After that, the three of us ate together and I ate it while reading some TaeNy fanfics. I don’t know about it, but Taeyeon-sunbae and Tiffany-sunbae’s relationship is so cute to read, and as you know about my ual orientation, I enjoyed the fanfic so much. Then we said goodbye to each other and went back to our rooms.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. And as I got out of the bathroom, Jisoo-unnie was holding my phone and was looking at the screen.

 

‘! I FORGOT TO CLOSE THE FANFIC TAB’