Sparks

Rainbows

I think it was Monday. Because I remember that I had almost missed the morning routine at YG's.

So I walked through the corridor, earphones on, reaching for the dance studio while being unaware of my surroundings.

I stopped in front of the dance studio, and I could see my dance teacher Mr. Son and the other trainees were already inside the room, flexing.

I hesitated and looked inside from the small window on the door, scared because I was kinda late.

 

The reason behind my occasional unpunctuality was probably my bad habit of staying up late every night at that time.

I thought about a lot of things, mostly negative thoughts, so shutting my eyes would just make it worse.

But, I think that day was different.

I think it was fate, for me to hear that husky voice calling out to me and encouraging me to go inside the studio.

 

"Hey"

"Just go in, I think the teacher was also late, kinda", said the voice.

It was a girl.

Of course I didn't know her at the time, so I just nodded and smiled at her and rushed into the studio,

didn't even take a good look at her.

 

"Jennie, you're almost late, but for now, safe!", said Mr. Son while doing a gesture with both of his hands.

I bowed and apologized slowly. I also bowed to the other trainees.

 

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy my time as a trainee, because it was kinda hard for me.

The boss expected so much from me so it was quite a burden. Cause of that,

I got the other trainees hating on me everytime they saw me. I had almost lost the will to continue. 

 

But then it happened.

 

After the morning routine, I came out of the studio and sat on the bench in front of the studio while listening to some hip hop songs.

I silently mouthed the rap verses, practicing, because I thought that rapping was really cool. It is cool.

I  could see that someone was sitting on the bench in front of me. I took a glance and saw that the girl was looking at me with bedazzled eyes.

It was the girl that told me to go inside the studio.

 

As soon as our eyes met, the girl smiled, and then sparks flew. It was the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

The mere sight of it could erase all of my problems and worries.

 

Except for the fact that she is a girl, and I do swing that way.

That has been a problem and the source of my stress since forever.

 

"You were really good", said the girl while giving me two thumbs up.

I popped one of my earphones off and smiled, "Thanks", I unconsciously said it with a slightly high-pitched voice.

The girl stared for a while.

 

"I was watching from over here", she said with a smile.

"Like this...", said the girl, making a funny gesture.

 

I smiled and let out a small laughter. The girl had a very pleasant and friendly aura.

 

"How did you do the dance, I think it was hard", she asked, looking really curious.

 

I don't actually remember what I said to her because I was too focused on her beauty.

But I do remember that we talked a lot after that question, and gave our names.

 

Mine is Jennie

Her name is Jisoo.

 

It was Jisoo-unnie.