Part five

Find my way

AUTHOR NOTES

Hello! I'm back with a new chapter! I truly hope that you are enjoying the fic so far. I'm sorry that some members are mentioned more than others but trust me, we will get there. I'm still having trouble figuring out the path of this fic but eventually, I will manage to do so. I also want to thank people for leaving the comments, because of them it feels like at least someone is reading my story and I feel really happy knowing that. It fires me up to write and think more about the fic :) Thank you!

There is a poll at the bottom of the fic if you feel like guessing ;)


His friends were always loud but with a presence of a new person added to the group their voices kept on raising even more. Hongseok couldn't understand why as Yan An seemed like a calm and composed person and there was no need for talking so loudly. Though, in a way, he could understand them. They always fought for attention and having someone new join them only made it worse. At one point when they all started talking at once, Yan An looked so perplexed that it made Hongseok wonder if the boy will get up and run away from them. Luckily, that didn't happen.

 

While drinking Hongseok kept on looking at his friends, smiling and occasionally laughing as they all shared their past stories about their "adventures" with Yan An. It seemed like they wanted to let him know on how much he missed for not getting to know them earlier. The boy kept on listening to them carefully, sometimes having to stop them to ask for an explanation as he couldn't understand them. He was nodding, looking at them eagerly while they kept on talking, trying to simplify their words, laughing softly from time to time. Hongseok found it cute how absorbed the boy was and how his eyes kept on widening while listening to them and some of their truly unbelievable stories.

 

"Ah! But do you guys remember when we all went to spy Hongseok on his blind date with the girl that Hui set him up??" It was Kino who suddenly brought up the embarrassing story from his past that he would rather forget. Slapping his hand over Kino's mouth seemed like a reasonable thing to do, attempting to stop his friend from talking but sadly, he didn't have an extra pair of limbs to shut all of their mouths. He glanced over at them, wordlessly pleading with his friends to keep quiet. Unfortunately, by the look in their eyes, it was clear that they won't pass on the opportunity of embarrassing Hongseok. Chaos occurred when they all started talking at once, each of them wanting to tell their version of the story. They really couldn't let him forget everything that happened that night.

 

The blind date he was on, it was a complete disaster to say at least. Hongseok admitted that part of it was his fault, but most of the credit went to his friends. Either way, he didn't mind it because, by the end of the night the girl didn't want to hear about him anymore, finishing everything with a slap on Hongseok's cheek. Of course, his friends kindly took a picture of it. And a video which was currently being shown to Yan An, Wooseok holding it for everyone to see and laugh like a bunch of ing hyenas. The only thing left for Hongseok to do was to hide his face between his palms, cursing quietly and wondering what did he do to have his friends embarrass him like this most of the time?

 

"But why did she hit him?" Yan An's soft voice made everyone look at him. Hongseok peeped between his fingers, only then understanding that Yan An was the only one who wasn't laughing and instead questioned what made her do what she did. "Well..." Hongseok groaned, hands falling on his lap when he heard Kino began talking beside him, arm once again resting on Hongseok's shoulders.  "How to explain it? The vision she had in mind about Hongseok was different from how he is. It wasn't all his fault that much. We did most of the damage to the date. But it was funny! First, he spilt hot tea on her lap while trying to place it on the table and then he tried to make it better by emptying cold water on it. Though that only happened because I passed by him and nudged him a little. I had no idea he would spill it on her lap." Kino said sheepishly, looking at Hongseok first and then at their friends. "Wooseok then threw something at her from afar, and she freaked out. She probably felt something landing on her hair and thought it was a bug. Our kind Hongseok tried to calm her down and remove whatever it was from her hair, but he ended up pulling her wig off.". They all laughed at that and Hongseok groaned once again, wanting to forget about it once and for all. "Hm? What else? Ah! Right! Hongseok felt sorry about everything that happened, and he tried to make things better by taking her to the clothing store.  He even offered to buy new clothes for her. He had no idea that we were near. While she was trying out new clothes, Hongseok was standing in front of the changing room, waiting for her to come out and Yeo One passed by him from behind and gave him a push. The changing room didn't have a door but a curtain so... Hongseok landed on top of her. Long story short they threw him out of the shop.". Once again they laughed, high fiving each other before another video popped up on Wooseok's phone, showing said incident to Yan An.

 

"So uh... you actually... uh!" Yan An tried to find the word in Korean while watching the video, motioning something with his hands but they all looked puzzled at him. "You made the blind date go bad?" He tried once again, looking at them with a confused expression. "Ah, yes! We sabotaged his date!" Kino shouted proudly, making Hongseok want to kick them all when they suddenly cheered. He was sorry towards the girl because she did nothing to deserve that kind of prank. They didn't hurt Hongseok as much as they did her.  She was excited to have a date with him and his friends ruined it completely. However, if he had to be honest, he was glad that was the case. He didn't have an interest in her or any other girl for that matter. Hongseok didn't consider that the date would end up so badly.  What was even worse, when she slapped him, the tears were running down her face. He blamed himself for a long time until his friends finally admitted that they were the ones who made things go from bad to worse.

 

"But why would you do that?" Yan An questioned again, and for the first time, Hongseok wondered the same. He never asked them for a reason, accepting the fact that his friends were a bunch of mischievous idiots. At times, they seemed to like making his life uncomfortable.

 

"It was Kino's idea. We were excited when Hui told us about the blind date. But then Kino suggested that we ruin it for laughs." Yeo One kindly explained, downing his drink soon after." We all agreed without much thought. It seemed like a fun idea. But I have to say that it was hilarious watching Hongseok panic and try to fix things!". They all agreed on that, everyone except Hongseok and Yan An who still had trouble understanding why would they do something like that in the first place. The timid boy opened his mouth slightly, looking like he was forming a question in his head. But before he could ask anything, someone shouted: "For our Hongseokie!". Everyone raised their glasses and even though Hongseok didn't want to participate, he was forced to do so. Clinking them together, they all took a shot, laughing loudly soon after.

 

"Seriously... sometimes I question our friendship, considering how much you like making fun of me." Hongseok said after he placed his glass back on the table only to have it filled with liquor once again by Kino. He filled all their glasses once again before he turned to look at Hongseok. "It's simple. Because you love us and we love you!" He answered the rhetorical question, wrapping arms around Hongseok and forcing a kiss against his cheek. They all cheered at that, blowing invisible kisses at his direction and Hongseok groaned for who knows what time that night. Yan An chuckled beside him, lifting up his glass before he joined the others, blowing a kiss in his direction. Gods, did they already managed to ruin Yan An?

 

- - - - -

 

As the night went on more stories were shared, excitement still the same but the words leaving their lips were slightly slurred. It was clear that they were all tipsy by now and Hongseok was no better. While he was away from his friends, Hongseok didn't drink at all, making his body more vulnerable to the alcohol. It was hard to adapt once again to their drinking habits.  That became even more obvious when he stood up to go to the bathroom only to have the room spin right in front of him. . He ran fingers through his hair, taking a deep breath as he tried to steady himself before he started walking, determined to reach the bathroom without bumping into something or someone on the way there. He was alright. It wasn't even that much of a distance. He can do it.

 

Upon finishing his business and washing his hands, Hongseok leaned against the sink, fingers gripping on it tightly as he tried to stay in place even if his body kept on swaying from side to side. He should probably stop drinking now, but that was never really an option with his friends. Being too absorbed in trying to stay still, Hongseok failed to notice the entrance of one of his friends, but he soon became aware of it when arms wrapped around his chest, soft breath tickling against his neck. "Are you drunk? You look cute like this. All flushed and frail..." He could hear the words being whispered against his neck, making him shiver, his body suddenly feeling weak. "Mmmm... Seeing you like this, I could easily devour you."  A hand slid down his chest, pressing against his groin and Hongseok looked up in the mirror, eyes widening when he found himself looking at his friend's eyes.

 

Was he hallucinating from too much alcohol? No way. No way in hell this was real.