CHAPTER SEVEN

Orion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of Bomi’s day revolved around watching Chorong do her magic behind the counter. The older girl prepared an ample batch of chicken feet for the day so she was rarely in the kitchen. That’s a good thing too, for Bomi at least. She had her eyes on the Chorong the whole time, memorizing every inch of her. She was so lost in her thoughts, she didn’t notice that someone took a seat in front of her.

“She could melt, you know.” Eunji whispered to get Bomi’s attention.

“Yah! You scared me! How long have you been here?” Bomi asked, clutching her chest.

The doctor laughed at the sight, a frightened Bomi is always worth seeing. “Long enough to watch you ogle at your new employee.”

“Shh!” Bomi tried covering Eunji’s mouth. “She doesn’t know I own the place.”

Eunji rolled her eyes, “Well that’s a surprise.”

“Shut up Meung.” Bomi shot back. “What brings you here anyway?”

Eunji smirked at the remark. “A little bird told me that Yoonrilla was sick but wasn’t home.” Looking over at Chorong, she added, “And I believe I know why.”

“W- What?! N- No! It’s not like that! I really wasn’t feeling well!” Bomi exclaimed loudly, catching Chorong’s attention.

“Eunji-ssi! How nice of you to drop by. Bomi here was feeling a little out of sorts this morning.” Chorong said with a bow.

 “Ahh. It’s alright, Chorong-ssi.” Eunji gave Bomi a menacing grin. “It’s nothing serious. But if you don’t be careful, you might catch it too.” Shooting Bomi a teasing glance.

“Oh? Why? What does she have?” turning to Bomi with concern. “Yah! You better rest properly, and don’t get me sick!”

Bomi was just about to say something, when Chorong was called by another customer to compliment her work.

“Well that was fun.” Eunji said, laughing at Bomi’s furious face.

The dancer just shook her head and smiled. “Really, Meung. What happened?” She knew Eunji better than anyone else, and it’s a fact that the doctor rarely goes to anyone for anything.

As soon as Eunji took a deep breath, the mood changed. “I saw Naeun with Taemin this morning.”

Bomi leaned closer, urging her friend to continue.

“Look, I know she loves me, and I’ve never been intimidated by Taemin; but that was then, I’m not so sure about it now.” Eunji looked so troubled.

“Eunji-ah, Naeun still loves you. Nothing’s changed.” she assured.

“Taemin can easily give her what she wants.” She didn’t want to admit it, but this time, she knows human anatomy and biology are against her right now.

“I know what you’re thinking, Meung. And I want you to stop it right now.” Bomi was dead serious this time. “This has more to do with your pride than what Naeun wants. You’ve always given her everything, and I know you’ve always taken pride in that. You can’t deny it, Meung; I know you. It’s not at all bad, but this time, it’s messing with your head. I know you feel like you’re not good enough for her anymore, but have you forgotten why you were with her in the first place? She could’ve gotten anyone to be with her, but out of everyone else, even above her own family, she chose you. There’s a difference between what she wants and she needs; and right now, she needs you. She always has, and always will. Don’t lose her over this.” Bomi held Eunji’s hand, making the latter look up. “We don’t need another tragedy.”

Eunji couldn’t hold Bomi’s gaze so she tried to look away, her eyes falling on Chorong. “You’re right.” She took a deep breath. “We don’t need another tragedy.” Bomi’s words are filling her head. Of course her best friend is right, every word of it. She couldn’t lose Naeun, not after how much she fought for their relationship. “Thanks Bomi-ah.” She met Bomi’s eyes and smiled at her. “You know, I think it’s about time for us to face our fears.” Turning her head to Chorong.

Not long after, Chorong joined them as she ended her shift. “Are you feeling better?” She asked with a questioning look at Bomi.

“Y- Yeah. Are you done? Should we head home?” Bomi suddenly stood up, not knowing why though.

The older girl considered it for a while. “I think we should get dinner first, I don’t have the strength to cook anymore.” She said apologetically. “Would you like to join us, Eunji-ssi?”

“Oh, no. It’s okay, Chorong-ssi. I should be going now anyway. Thank you.” The doctor said with her million-dollar smile. “By the way, same time tomorrow?” She turned to Bomi.

Bomi just bobbed her head in confirmation.

“Alright then, I’ll be off now. See you again tomorrow, Chorong-ssi!” She excused herself from the other two and went for the door.

When Chorong and Bomi were left alone, the older girl directed her attention to Bomi. “But I get a day off tomorrow, I won’t be here.”

“W- What?” She was staring blankly at the door where Eunji took her leave. “Oh. Barbecue at our place, it’s an annual tradition.” Without explaining further, she began making her way to the door. “So, what do you want for dinner?”

 

Eunji mulled over on what Bomi had said; the more she tried to defend herself, the more Bomi’s words were proven true. She couldn’t let her pride get in the way, then and there she decided to patch things up with her wife before it gets out of hand. Though she wanted to talk to Naeun that night, she came home to her wife sound asleep. Naeun looked sad even in her sleep, making Eunji feel guiltier than she already is. This has to stop.

After washing up, she carefully took her side of the bed. By the dim light from the window, Eunji gazed lovingly at her wife. She wanted to touch her but she was afraid that she might break her even in her sleep. “I love you, Nangni.” She softly whispered, not wanting to wake up the sleeping goddess.

Naeun stirred, “Oh, you’re home unnie.” She rolled over to Eunji’s side so she’d fit snuggly on her body. “I was waiting for you at the hospital the whole day but I guess you were too busy.” She buried her face on Eunji’s neck and let out a yawn, sending chills down her wife’s spine. “I love you too, unnie.” She went back to sleep in an instant, but this time, she was more peaceful.

Eunji, on the other hand, didn’t know what to do. She froze when Naeun curled up to her. It was the first time in a while that they slept like this. It was then that Eunji realized how much she was missing her wife. She wrapped her arms around her, and fell asleep herself.

 

Chorong woke up to the same old voice, but she could’ve sworn it was getting weaker by the day. After getting a quick glance at the mirror, she went straight to the kitchen. Bomi left a note on the fridge informing the older girl that she went out to get some errands done before the barbecue and would be home in the afternoon. With that, Chorong decided to go back to bed, making a mental note to go get groceries and prepare something for this afternoon.

Going back to sleep was one of her best decisions recently. As she’s now well-rested, she’s in quite a good mood. She picked up the phone that Bomi lent her and thought about letting the younger one know where she’ll be. I guess I should, she might get home before I do.

To: Bomi

Bomi-yah, I’m going to go get groceries. I want to make chicken feet for your friends tonight. Do you need me to grab anything else?

Rong-unnie

The older girl was trying to decide on her outfit from a handful of clothes that Bomi set out for her when the phone beeped.

From: Bbom

That’s okay unnie, I already got everything else we need. I’ll be back in an hour or two, get lunch without me. Stay safe.

Bomi

Not a moment later, Chorong got ready and left for the grocery.

 

I wonder if Bomi would like this. She thought to herself w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter