Bittersweet Lies

Bittersweet Romance (Minhyuk X Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bittersweet Romance

Chapter 9:

Bittersweet lies

“Y/N…” He gently spoke. You stared at him and felt extremely confused. What was he doing? “I need to talk to you.” He told. You stared at him in shock. “H-Huh?” He grabbed your hand and began to lead you out. “Just us.”

 

With a simple tug, he pulled you out of the café and into the cold air, leaving Jungsuh and Woohyun to themselves. Minhyuk’s large hands were wrapped tightly around your hands as he tugged you off to who-knows-where. You were incredibly confused as he pulled you away deeper into the town and farther away from the café. “M-Minhyuk?” You called out to him. He did not answer. “M-Minhyuk-ssi…” You called out once more. But, he still did not look back at you. “Yah?!” You yelled out angrily and try to pull away. “You’re hurting me!” You tugged your arm away from him and he immediately stops. “A-Ah…” He looked down at his hand, tightly wrapped around yours, and lets it go. You rub your hand in pain and frown. “What do you want…?” You asked.

 

Minhyuk sighed and looked away as you looked up at him. You scoffed. “What do you need to tell me that is so important that you had to drag me almost a mile away from the café and rudely leave behind Woohyun and Jungsuh?” You question angrily. Minhyuk looked around and noticed how far he had brought you. It was in the middle of an unknown part of the town, and the both of you were sure you two have never been on this part of the place yourselves. You sigh in disappointment and stare a him with an annoyed expression. “Lee Minhyuk!” You shouted. He jumps at your burst of anger and stared at you in surprise. “What. Do. You. Need?” You ask once more. “Um…” He mumbles.

 

“I went to see my brother earlier. And he told me something important.” He paused and looked down at his feet nervously. You raise a brow, curious of what his point was. “He told me our parents will be returning soon.” He paused again and took a breath in. “He said they were halfway done with our marriage preparations. And…” Minhyuk looked straight into your eyes, his expression read of concern and sadness. “They want us to live together.”

 

You stared in absolute shock. They want you to what? Your parents, want you, and him, to live together?! You step back stunned by this turn of events. You knew both of your parents wanted you together as fast as they could, so it was not too surprising that this would happen, but… why so fast? “H-Hold up… why…? Why so suddenly?” You asked, still unable to comprehend the situation. “And when you say soon, when exactly is soon?” You were now incredibly on edge for your parents. Things were just going by too fast for you to contain.

 

“Minjae said they want us to get closer. To get used to each other.” He sighed. You rolled your eyes and sighed. Minhyuk then spoke again. “And soon…” He paused and looked away. “Tomorrow.” He answered. “TOMORROW?!” You holler. He flinched back and rubbed his head. “Yeah…” You sighed and stare in disbelief. “Tomorrow. They are coming back tomorrow. Tomorrow and they’ll make us do all this crap…” You groaned in irritation and shut your eyes to cool yourself down. “They have the house and everything ready for us too.” Minhyuk informed. You groaned even louder at that and turned around angrily with a huff. “Whatever…” You then began to walk away back towards the direction the two of you came from.

 

It was so stressful. Your parents always doing whatever they wanted to do, the situation never in your favor. You were getting tired of this. To live together already? When the two of you barely met? The two of you. You scoffed aloud and crossed your arms as you walked on. “There is a very good reason why they want this…” You mumbled. You thought back to all the times you’ve spent time with Woohyun, with your friends, and always tried to ignore them for blind-dates, lying to them that your phone was dead or work was way too busy. You knew now that they were doing things so fast to avoid you from ignoring them. And although you did not want to think it this way, you felt it was also a way to get Minhyuk away from Jungsuh by his own parents. They did not approve of Jungsuh. Not one bit, and they would do anything to keep her out of this marriage. However, Minhyuk would not allow it.

 

You sighed at the thought and looked down at your feet sadly. “Why does it have to be this way?” You mumbled. “We could always ditch everything and run away?” Minhyuk suddenly popped in beside you, scaring you half-to-death. “Oh my gosh!” You jump back. Minhyuk looked at you oddly. You sighed and frowned. “I’m not running away. You and me both already promised… and…” You paused and looked away. “And?” He questioned. You sighed and pushed him away from you. “And even if we did run away, there is no way you’d let Minjae take this burden.” You scoffed and continued to walk on. “So, there is no other option for us.” You yelled out.

 

Minhyuk watched you as you walked on annoyed and smiled to himself. “Thank you…” He mumbled. You did not hear him, but it was okay. Minhyuk then quickly ran up to you and continued to walk along with you. “Why are you following me?” You asked. Minhyuk shrugged. “My car is back this way, and…” He hesitated his words, pausing with a small frown. You scoffed as you glanced at him. “Why are you hesitating?” You asked. “There is nothing between us to be hesitating about your girlfriend.” You told. Minhyuk looked at you curiously. “I just thought… You know… since you…” He paused again. You groaned and sighed. “Stop being so hesitant.” You stopped and turned to him with an irritated expression. “We are going to be together for a while, might as well get used to it.” You pointed at him and smirked. “So, you need to stop being an and I don’t know…?” You poked him on the chest. “Learn to consider my feelings.” You snarked. “Cuz now, I missed my lunch break because of you and I will be five minutes late to work.”

 

You huffed and bite your bottom lip in annoyance. “Let’s go back now.” You quickly turn back toward the café and walked off, but you weren’t too keen in keeping your eyes peeled that you nearly run into a bicyclist who was speeding down the sidewalks. “Yah?!” Minhyuk yelled out as he immediately grabbed a hold of you and pulled you straight into his arms and away from the path of the speeding bicycle. Within seconds you were tightly held in his arms, heart beating, and in complete shock. “Yah?! Watch where you are going?!” He scolded as he held onto you. You gasped and looked back at the bicyclist who treaded on.

 

“I-I’m sorry…” You breathe out shakily. Slowly, he removes his arms from around you and looks at you, though his hands still laying atop your hips. “You’re always getting yourself in trouble, huh?” He nagged. You sighed and looked away. “Be quiet.” Minhyuk sighed and looked down to his hands, they were still on you. You too then noticed it and immediately backed away. “Ahem…” You cleared your throat. “Let’s return back.” You quickly hurried off toward the direction of the café, cheeks feeling a little flushed.

 

 

Back at the café, you had returned to a very angry manager, and worried Mi-Yeong and Woohyun. “Y/N-ssi? Why did you suddenly disappear from work?” Your manager asked. You bowed down in apology. “I am sorry.” You sadly spoke. “You are in big trouble missy, I didn’t think your vacation would turn you like this?” He scolded. You winced at his words and bowed once more. However, Minhyuk quickly walks up beside you and pulled you up from your position. “Please don’t blame her. I needed to talk to her for some personal emergency.” He explained. Your manager looked at him questioningly and so did you. “And you are?” He asked. Minhyuk paused and looked at you. You looked back at him and hoped he had a good explanation for this.

 

“I am…” He hesitated and glanced at Jungsuh who was sitting in the café booths nearby. “She is my fiancée.” He spoke. Your eyes widen, and your friend’s mouth gaped. Your manager too was incredibly shocked. Minhyuk bowed and introduced himself. “My name is Lee Minhyuk. My mother owns Sunshine Styles and my father owns Lee’s Ethereal.” He explained. You stared at him in absolute shock and disbelief. Now that you thought about it, you never knew what his family’s work was. To think, his mother was the owner of Korea’s biggest fashion company and his Dad…

 

“Oh my god! Your father owns our café?!” Mi-Yeong gasped. Your manger was speechless and everyone around you was stunned. Even Woohyun. “O-OH! I am so sorry!” Your manager bowed and forced Mi-Yeong to bow as well. “I did not know you were the first son to the Lee family. I am so sorry sir.” He apologized. You glanced down at them and then at Minhyuk. So, his family owned Lee’s Ethereal, the biggest café and restaurant cooperation in South Korea. “It’s fine. No need to apologize.” Minhyuk chuckled awkwardly. He made them stand straight again and let them relax. “It was my fault she was late. I promise not to do that again.” He explained. However, your manager shook his head and laughed awkwardly. “AHAHAHA! No! it is fine, sir. She is your fiancée. You have all the right to take her out in emergencies. Besides, I was just worried about her!” He awkwardly explained. You rolled your eyes at his obvious acting and looked over to Jungsuh who was sitting there with a sad expression. You watched as she spun the straw in her cup slowly, eyes focused only at the cup and her expression lifeless.

 

“Y/N-ssi?” Your manager called out to you. You immediately turn around and looked at him. “Can I speak with you in my office for a second?” He then looked at Minhyuk. “If it is okay with your handsome fiancée.” He smiled. You cringed at him and sighed. Minhyuk forced a smile and nodded. “It is okay, I have to leave now anyway.” He then looked at you and grinned. “See you later then?” He smiled. You stared, disgusted by this terrible acting from the both of them, but nodded with an awkward smile. “Y-Yeah…” And with that, your manager pulled you away to the back with Mi-Yeong following behind. Leaving Minhyuk with Woohyun.

 

“What gives you the right to be lying through your teeth like that?” Woohyun asked. Minhyuk sighed and turned away from him. “None of your business.” He answered curtly. Woohyun scoffed, not believing how ridiculous this was. “Y/N obviously does not want to be with you, and you obviously don’t want to be with her.” Woohyun then glanced over at Jungsuh and scoffed. “You’re only making things worse.” Minhyuk turned to him angrily and growled. “What gives you the right to tell me what I can and cannot do?” He huffed. “You’re not the one being forced to get married.”

 

Woohyun scoffed and nodded with a smirk. “I’m not.” He stepped closer to Minhyuk and stared at him with eyes of fury. “But Y/N is my responsibility. And I will not allow some already taken rich man hurt her for his selfish wants.” He scoffed and pushed pass Minhyuk angrily. Minhyuk was left there taken aback. He then looked at Jungsuh who was already walking towards him. “Let’s talk.” She quickly spoke as she walked out of the café. Minhyuk sighed and followed her out.

 

 

“WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME YOU ARE ENGAGED TO THE SON OF OUR CEO?!” Your manager screamed in frustration. You and Mi-Yeong flinched back in fear. “I um…” You stuttered, unable to find a solution to this. You could not tell him it was all a sudden arranged marriage and that you two were not really, “engaged.” But, how the hell are you going to lie about it all and make up an entire love story. Impossible.

 

“Did you know?” He asked Mi-Yeong. She shook her head. “I am as shocked as you are, manager-nim.” She fearfully answered. “Y/N…” He called out. You raised your head in reply. “How long have you two been together?” He asked. You freeze, not knowing how to answer him. “We… um…” You mumbled. You really wished Minhyuk was here, he seemed batter at this than you. Your manager waited for your answer patiently. “We… have been engaged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter