A stressful day

Bittersweet Romance (Minhyuk X Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bittersweet Romance

Chapter 8

A stressful day

“YAHH?!” You scream in horror and immediately cover yourself with your arms. Minhyuk immediately retracts and shuts the door as fast as he had walked in. You stood there, shocked and dumbfounded. Did he just? You took a few minutes to let it sink in. “H-He…?” You fall to the floor as you had your arms wrapped around your chest and let out a shaky breath. “LEE MINHYUK!”

 

 

About twenty minutes later, you had changed and the both of you were standing outside the apartment complex awkwardly. You honestly didn’t want to talk to him right now. This was incredibly embarrassing, and it was right after the two of you seemed to be getting on better terms. What a way to start the morning? You sighed and wrapped your jacket around you tighter as you looked out toward the direction of the open streets. You had work today, so you were going to head to the café, but you didn’t know what Minhyuk was going to do. You didn’t want to up-and-ditch him, but you also were too shaken up to speak to him.

 

After a little while of just standing there, you huffed and begin to walk away toward the bus station, it didn’t matter anymore. It wasn’t like he was truly concerned about you and he wasn’t really your husband. There was no need to converse and tell him where you were going. However, when you begin to walk away, you see a black vehicle come up the street and park right in front of the two of you. “W-who?” You were going to ask until a familiar face pops out of the car and quickly walks toward the two of you.

 

“Jun?” Minhyuk called out. Jun bowed toward you two and greeted politely. “Young Master Minhyuk, Lady Y/N.” He greeted. You bowed back to him and watched as he looked up at Minhyuk. “I got a call from Miss Kang asking where you were. I presumed you would be here.” He then looked over to you and nodded. “And I was correct.” He spoke with a sense of relief. “I was…” Minhyuk paused and hesitated. He seemed unsure on how to explain. “I just wanted to talk to her.” He said. “It started raining heavily last night, so I let him stay over.” You added. He looked over to you in shock and so did Jun.

 

“So, I presume you two are on better terms?” He asked wearily. You were about to speak but stopped midway and hesitated. The two of you were on better terms compared to last time, however, it wasn’t in the best terms. You tried to organize your words in our head, but you didn’t know how to place them out. “We… um…”

 

“We made an agreement. Things are better.” Minhyuk spoke up. You looked over to him a little shocked. “Is that so?” Jun eyed the both of you. Minhyuk nodded confidently and smiled. “You don’t believe me, Jun?” He asked. Jun was taken aback, but just sighed and smiled. “No, I believe you.” He sighed and looked over to you. “I apologize for any inconvenience that the Young Master has given you.” He bowed. You stared in absolute shock. “A-Ah? I-it’s okay!” You say as you shake your hands in defense. Jun lifted himself back up and smiled. “Young Master can be a handful.” He commented. You looked at the man awkwardly and remember the event from earlier. “Ahaha…”

 

“Jun, what are you here for?” Minhyuk groaned as he rolled his eyes. Jun cleared his throat and looked back at the young man. “I came to pick you up. Your brother needs your presence back at the estate.” He explained. Minhyuk raised a brow and tilted his head in curiosity. “Minjae needs me? For what?” He asked. Jun sighed and reached into his pocket. He quickly pulled out a folded piece of paper and unfolded it. “Something about a broken computer and glitchy game console.” He told. You immediately saw Minhyuk’s expression sour and a disappointed expression paints his face. The man takes a deep sigh and then groans. “I thought I told him not to touch my games?” He angrily mumbled.

 

You had no idea what was going on, but brushed it off. You needed to head to work now or else you would be late. “Um?” You cleared your throat as you pointed toward the opposite direction. “I need to go now. Um…. Bye.” You tried to bid farewell. Quickly, you bowed to the both of them and began to walk away, but Jun called out to you. “Young Lady? Are you heading to work?” He asked. You stopped and turned back at them. “Um, yes.” You answered. “Why don’t I send you?” He suggested. You looked at him a little shocked and then at Minhyuk. “Um, don’t you need to go back to Minjae?” You asked. Jun smiled and shook his head. “It is a minor issue. And dropping you off will be quick. Right? Young Master Minhyuk?” He looked over at the blonde and smiled. You looked over at him and saw a confused and annoyed look in him.

 

“Aha! You don’t—”

 

“Please, My Lady.” Jun insisted. You paused and thought over it carefully. You were still quite awkward with Minhyuk and didn’t want to bother him anymore. And taking a bus would just be less awkward. But riding with them now would be faster and easier. You didn’t know how to combat your pride and your need. Just as you were about to refuse again however, Minhyuk comes up to you and takes your hand. “Let’s go.” He said as he dragged you off and into the car. “Ah?! Yah?!” You question. But, as always, he does not listen and pushes you into the car. As fast as he pushed you in, he closed the door and rushed over to the other side of the car and hopped inside beside you. Jun was also fast on his feet to hop into the vehicle and was already ready to start the car. What a feisty and quick group of dudes they were.

 

“Where is your work, My Lady?’ Jun asked as he was setting up the GPS. You sighed as you buckled your seatbelt. “I work at the Lotte Café in town.” You told. Jun nodded and quickly typed in the address. Meanwhile, you were sitting awkwardly next to Minhyuk and was trying very hard to avoid eye-contact. How awkward and bothersome. Honestly were slowly getting over the fact that he saw you , but it still irked you and he hasn’t even said sorry. What kind of person doesn’t even say sorry when he literally barged into you as you were changing? The audacity. On second thought, you were still frustrated with the situation and the more you thought about it, the more irritating it was.

 

Jun had started the car and was already driving off towards your workplace. It was a silent and awkward ride. Your neck was aching from having your head turned away for so long and you felt super stiff. After a while, you took a glance at Minhyuk and could see him just sitting there silently with no expression on. He didn’t even bother to look your way, which was totally fine. But as the glance became a look and then into a stare, you began to admire his handsome features and beautiful points. His smooth skin, his flawless facial structure, and his soft and long locks of blonde hair. But, what most was captivating w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter