"Our" New Home

Bittersweet Romance (Minhyuk X Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bittersweet Romance

Chapter 11

“Our” new home

“No.” You oppose in absolute objection, turning around and grabbing your things frantically. “I am not sleeping in that room with you.” You object and began to carry things to a corner of the apartment. You were not sleeping in the same room, much less the same bed, as Minhyuk. Nope, nuh uh. There was no way. You were just going to deal with sleeping on the couch.

 

Minhyuk himself was also against of the idea, not really comfortable with sleeping together with you. He turned back towards you and watched as you angrily put the boxes up and pulled out your clothes and essentials. “Wait.” You suddenly realized something and looked over at Minhyuk in dread. “Is there only one bathroom? Like, with a shower and everything?” You asked, fearful of the answer. Minhyuk had suddenly realized that predicament as well and rushed to look around. The male slipping inside the bedroom and finding the main bathroom. Shower, tub, toilet, and everything. But when he returned back out to check the living room and other areas, he only found one other, with no shower or anything, just the basic toilet with sink and mirror.

 

“Um, I’m sorry.” Is all he could utter once he returned back to you. You stared in disbelief and groaned loudly in annoyance. “Oh my god! I have to share a bathroom with you too?!” You sighed and threw a mini tantrum on the floor. Minhyuk stared at you in full offence and placed his hands on his hips. “Yah? I don’t like this either, but could you at least show your distress in a more politer way?”

 

“Oh? Should I cheer and coo over the fact I am living with Lee Minhyuk instead?” You retorted in annoyance and puffed your cheeks out in frustration. “This has been a terrible day.” You complained with a soured expression and crossed your arms angrily. This was terrible, absolutely terrible. Not only were you forced to quit your job, you were removed from your home, and now forced to live with a guy you have barely known for like a week. This was peak devastation and you were shocked you were even still sane.

 

“Hey? How about I try buying a separate apartment room for one of us here. We can pretend we are living with each other, that way we don’t—”

 

“You don’t think our parents would’ve thought about that already and I don’t know, disallowed you from buying any other apartment in this building?” You interrupted with a sigh and defeated tone. He looked at you oddly and scoffed. “There is no way.” He disagreed. There was no way their parents would have thought about it that far right? They would not have taken measures to that extent. You shrugged and rolled your eyes. “Bet.” You taunted as you returned to organizing your things again. The pretty boy gave you a scoff of disbelief and walked away to make a call for the hotel manager, hoping he could buy a room for you or himself.

 

“Hello? Mr. Han? Yes, I was wondering if I could buy a room at your hotel here in Seoul? The main building?” He asked, taking a glance at you as you busily unpacked and mumbled to yourself in anger.

 

“I am sorry Mr. Lee. But your parents have told me not to sell any rooms to you until further notice.” The man replied to him with a guilty tone. Minhyuk’s eyes widen and his tilted his head in confusion and disbelief. “They…They what now?” He questioned and looked back at you who had looked up at him with the “I told you so” expression. Minhyuk didn’t want to believe it, that his parents actually thought that far? “H-Hold on? I really can’t? Can’t you do this for me—”

 

“I am sorry Mr. Lee. If you do, your father his cut off his business ties with me. And you know I cannot afford that.” He explained before bidding the poor man goodbye and hanging up for no further talk. Minhyuk stood there stunned and angered. “I…”

 

“I told you. They’re not stupid.” You sighed and stood up. “I’ll sleep on the couch.” You pointed to the nice large couch and threw your blanket onto it. “I am sure it’s just as comfortable as my bed was at the apartment.” You commented as you plopped down. Minhyuk looked at you with a solemn expression. “You can have the bed, I’ll sleep out here.”

 

You looked up at him curiously and a little shocked. “You… want to sleep on the couch instead?” You questioned. He nodded, “Yeah.” You scoffed, not really understanding him and his logics. “Are you sure? I mean I don’t mind it since I have slept on hard wooden floor before.” You explained as you tugged on the blanket beneath you. When you had first moved to the apartments, you did not have enough money to actually buy furniture. You refused help from your parents, deciding that leaving meant you had to rely on yourself for the money and living. So, with the savings from your allowances and part-time jobs back then, you bought the apartment without proper furniture other than a refrigerator and simple chairs with no table. Most of the days, you spent sleeping on the floor and eating from the kitchen island standing. It wasn’t until you met Woohyun that things got a little better and he asked his mother to give you a bed, a couch, and a few other basic things with no cost. You insisted to pay off the stuff since you had finally had a job by then, but he refused, and you just let it go.

 

“I am sure. Like you said, it’s probably just as comfortable as a normal bed.” He stated as he carried up one of your boxes and began to head on toward the bed room. “We will have to have our clothing and stuff shared in here, there is no way we can have them out there.” He informed as he opened the bedroom door and placed the box down by the walk-in closet. “And cuz we have to share the bathroom…” He sighed. You nodded, standing up and taking the other boxes over to the bedroom. “I guess.” You sighed and walked in.

 

The room was nice, fairly modern designed and organized, as would any room be in these kinds of hotels. The colors were of simple cream white, light brown, and a hint of silver. Very warm and cozy. Your eyes wandered over the room in awe and approval. It was to be expected from a five-star hotel. You continued to walk deeper in and place the box in your hands down on the floor next to the one Minhyuk had brought in earlier. “I need to leave now.” Minhyuk suddenly spoke as he dusted his hands off. You looked at him confused, but it soon hit you as to why he needed to leave. “Ah, Jungsuh.” You mumbled and nodded. “Whatever.” You answer and walked pass him back out to the living room to pick up more of your things. “I’m sure you have things to explain to her.” You sighed and grabbed the box full of your clothes.

 

Minhyuk looked at you guiltily. He knew that just leaving you was a bad thing, but he wanted to see Jungsuh, he wanted to tell her immediately what was going on. And you, could care less. You knew clear as day that his priority is and will always be Jungsuh. Of course, his brother too. “Is… it okay?” He asked. You didn’t answer and just kept on moving your stuff away. About three more rounds of back and forth moving, the man was still standing there, looking at you like a lost puppy waiting for a proper answer. You stopped in your tracks and looked at him angrily. Your hands on your hips and your breathing slightly hitched from the rough moving around. “I’ll say this once and only once, I don’t give a crap about where you go, or you meet. Do whatever you wish, and I’ll do whatever I wish. Okay?” You stated with a stern and tired tone. It seemed like you had become the negative bad guy now, but really, he deserved it after the way he treated you.

 

The man nodded slowly, shocked by your cold statement. But he understood. And without any further hesitance, the pretty boy began to walk off and out of the apartment. You didn’t even try to look back and watch him, merely returning to the unpacking diligently. “Peace and quiet.”

 

 

An hour or two had passed. You were pretty much done with unpacking and now trying to organize your clothes in the walk-in closet. You had no clue if Minhyuk really was going to stay here. He had Jungsuh and could go stay with her like he always did. You would get the apartment to yourself, that would be nice. You presumed he would not even be back tonight since he’d probably stay with her. Hence, you had no idea why he wanted to buy a whole new apartment for one of you. He was ridiculous to waste money like that, thankfully it didn’t happen.

 

“Now… should I put my shoes here… or there?” You turned back and forth between the walls. “Minhyuk would be putting his clothes there wouldn’t he?” You questioned as you walked deeper into the closet and then gasped. “Ah, never mind. There is a shoe rack here.” You scoffed and went back to gather your shoes. Just before you had grabbed a few of your shoes, you hear sudden footsteps come into the room. Wait, who?

 

“Hey, you still unpacking?” Minhyuk’s voice came in and the male was standing at the door with his hands in his pockets. You looked at him a bit stunned, didn’t think he would comeback so early, or at all. “A-ah… not really. Just organizing.” You answered, trying to hide your shock. Minhyuk nodded and peered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter