Too fast

Bittersweet Romance (Minhyuk X Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bittersweet Romance

Chapter 10

Too fast

“Oh! Y/N darling! Come in!” Minhyuk’s mother cheerfully greeted you in. You break out of your trance of fear and slowly walk inside, keeping your head low and to yourself. You did not want to look at Jungsuh, your pride and shame not letting you face her normally. “Come! Sit by me!” She chimed as she pulled you to her side and sat you down beside her, also in front of Jungsuh.

 

She then looked at Jungsuh, her expression not as welcoming as she was to you for her. “Miss Kang. This is Y/N. Minhyuk’s fiancée.” She introduced, emphasizing the fiancée part. “Y/N… this is… Miss Kang Jungsuh. She is… acquainted with Minhyuk.” She smiled with pride. You looked up at Jungsuh, fear and shame filling you up in the inside and seeping into your expression. Slowly and very lightly you bow to her. Minhyuk’s mother as well as your own smile and begin to order food. You really not wanting to eat anything anymore with all that was happening now. You pretty much lost your appetite, only wanting to run away. “Y/N darling, order something!” Minhyuk’s mother nudges you, a smile on her face. That smile disgusted you, you didn’t want to think so badly, but you knew fully well what they were up to and it hurt your pride more than anything. “My, my! Our Y/N is so beautiful and sweet! Miss Kang, isn’t that so?” She asked her. Jungsuh looking up at her and then you. “Um… yes…” She weakly said. You looked away, annoyed and ashamed. “She is the perfect fit for our Minhyuk! They suit each other. Miss Kang, do you agree?” She asked her. Jungsuh did not answer. Looking down at her plate, she refused to answer. “Miss Kang?” His mother pestered on. The atmosphere was stiff and stifling, you hated it and wanted it to stop. Luckily, the servants had come in to send in the food. You sighed in relief.

 

The rest of the time, the two older ladies conversed in lady chats, occasionally trying to involve you. But you merely nodded and smiled politely, not wanting to get yourself involved. You looked over at Jungsuh who seemed incredibly lonely and awkward. You could tell she wanted out just as much as you. You felt bad, super bad. You didn’t ask for this and neither did she. Why did they have to do this to you guys? Was controlling other peoples lives like this fun to them? Was being able to shove their money and power around for their own benefits entertaining to them? It sure as hell wasn’t for the three of you. You, Minhyuk, and Jungsuh. Stuck in this horrible triangle.

 

A little later, the two women had left to the restroom and chat with their friends who they saw outside earlier, leaving the two of you together. You didn’t say anything, fearful of what Jungsuh was feeling. You didn’t want her to hate you, but with all of this, how could she not?

 

“Can I ask you something?” She suddenly spoke, shocking you. “O-Oh? Yes?” You reply shakily. She looked at you, her eyes stern and curious. “Why did you choose to help us?” She asked. “Why help us when you gain nothing from this?” Her voice filled with frustration and confusion. You looked up at sadly, knowing fully well that she wasn’t as thankful toward your aid compared to Minhyuk. “Because I want to.” You answered. She raised a brow in confusion. “I can see how much Minhyuk loves his little brother. How much he wants to protect him from this cruel arrangement. I know how it feels to be forced into something you never asked for. So…” You paused, looking away sadly. “I want to help him. To make sure that poor boy doesn’t go through the same pain I am going through.”

 

Jungsuh looked at you stunned. Unable to understand how you were so selfless for a bunch of people you barely knew. “I am… sorry.” She said as she looked down at the table. You shake your head and smile sadly. “I can’t help it…” You said, looking back at her. “I will be honest, I really do not like this set up as much as you.” You continued. “I was ready to accept it before, but after finding out about you and Minhyuk, as well as having had to endure him treating me so harshly, I was really just going to give up and cancel the marriage.” You poked at your food as you spoke, your face showing of sadness and regret. “But, I really couldn’t live the rest of my life knowing I selfishly left people who really needed my help.”

 

“He… treated you badly?” Jungsuh asked, a little fear and concern in her eyes. You nodded and sighed. “He pushed me away a lot, said things to me he shouldn’t have said… leaving me in the cold rain. Bad… would be and understatement.” You chuckled emptily. The other girl stared at you with a sad face. You noticed and forced a smile. “I’m fine though. Don’t worry.” You try to reassure her. She just looks at you sadly. You then had an idea.

 

“Jungsuh…” You called out to her. She looked at your curiously. “You can leave now.” You tell her. Her eyes widen and looking at you confused. “I…”

 

“You don’t need to be here. Plus, I doubt they would care. Quickly, before they return.” You smiled lightly at her. Jungsuh hesitates but nods and bows to you in thanks. “Thank you.” She said as she stood up to leave. You nod as you sat there, she quickly went out and you were felt alone. Sighing, you looked at the emptiness of the room. “I am too nice to people…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter