See Me, Feel Me, Love Me

How You've Changed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

It was time for Kibum’s half a year check up. 

He had been using the same doctor since he was a child. He took care of him and always wanted to do check ups on him to make the infection that caused him to go blind doesn’t spread or cause any more complications.

Kibum really wanted Jonghyun to come with him, plus he had a surprise for him.

“Jjong?” Kibum called from Jonghyun’s room.

They were at Jonghyun’s apartment this time. They both wanted a little more privacy without Krystal cooing at them every minute and Jinki popping his head in  to check on Kibum every two seconds.

He loved his friends but it got annoying sometimes.

“Yes~?” His response rang through the house as he was in the kitchen and Kibum was in his room.

Kibum felt warm arms wrap around him and unconsciously sniffed the scent that came with him. 

He loved Jonghyun’s smell and it always carried home with him or lingered in his room.

“You called your highness?” His boyfriend said playfully.

“I wanted to ask you something.” He said caressing his face.

“It would mean the world to me if you came with me to my eye appointment...”

“Bum, of course I’ll take you.”

Kibum actually meant for him to come along with him and Jinki, because usually Jinki took him. But he didn’t want to deny his offer. 

He’ll listen to Jinki’s complaints later.

“Really?”

“Obviously.” He said running his hand through Kibum brown hair.

“I go every six months, but this specific appointment is really important.”

“How so?” 

“...Well my doctor told me some good news at my last appointment. He said if my eyes have healed well and the infection didn’t spread...then I could get surgery to get my vision back.” Kibum smiled brightly hoping Jonghyun would share his excitement as well.

Although he accepted his fate years ago he would be lying if he said he never wanted to see again.

What did his parents look like now? How mature did Jinki look now? Did Krystal’s soft voice match her face?

And every since he started dating Jonghyun his urge to see increased even more.

He wanted to see the man he’s fell in love with.

“W-what?” Jonghyun said sounding confused.

The sound of his voice confused Kibum as well.

“Aren’t y-you happy for me?” 

Why didn’t he sound happy?

“Yea baby, of course I am.” He said. He rubbed his thigh and gave a him kiss to give him some reassurance.

Why wasn’t Jonghyun jumping up and down for joy at his boyfriends news?

 

Instead Jonghyun was worried.

Would Kibum gaining his vision back change their relationship?

Would the surgery damage him further?

What if Kibum didn’t need him any more?

What if Kibum decided the surgery was a mistake?

Did he make him feel like he needed to get the surgery?

All these thoughts were going through his head. Why?

“I’m really happy for you. I was just...surprised.” 

“...oh...” Kibum said trying to keep a small smile on his face. He could tell by the tone of his boyfriends voice he didn’t sound happy for him.

“But you know I’ll be right there with you. Okay? Hm? So no pouting.” Jonghyun said pinching his cheek.

“I’m not pouting...” Kibum groaned.

They left the conversation go after that.

 

#%#

 

“Come home right now.” Jinki said.

Kibum scoffed.

He called Jinki the next morning to tell him him Jonghyun would take him to his appointment.

Kibum said sighed sharply. He was becoming more and more irritated by the second. He was listening to Jinki give him about speech about not letting him take him to his appointment. It was one of his pet peeves. He called them “Jinki lectures” and they were something that could easily set him off.

Jonghyun had just got out the shower and was in the process of putting on his clothes as he heard the two argue.

“But-but-“

“My goodness! What do you think Jonghyun’s gonna do? Kidnap me? Get over yourself. Goodbye. I’ll tell you the results later.” Kibum said hanging up the phone and not giving him a chance to say anything else.

Jinki has become increasingly annoying the past couple of months as his relationship with Jonghyun grew stronger.

It was causing tension with his friendship with him and caused Jonghyun to join in on little arguments and hissy fits with Jinki.

And it gave Kibum a headache.

“You know-“ Jonghyun started to say with a grin on his face.

“I.Dont.Want.To.Hear.It.” Kibum hissed.

Jonghyun’s grin faded and he held his hands up in a defensive manner and chuckled.

He was obviously going to say something about Jinki but Kibum wasn’t having it.

“Okay, Okay. Are you ready?” Jonghyun said trying to change the topic.

“Y-Yea, actually...I’m just really nervous though.”

Jonghyun watched as his boyfriend pulled at his fingers and chewed on his bottom lip. His eyebrows were furred together. He was visibly nervous as well.

He went over to him and caressed his chin and tilted his head upwards. He stared into those merky colored eyes he loved so much before he landed a soft kiss to his nose.

“Everything is going to be okay.” He said reassuringly. 

“Stop worrying, I’ll be with you the whole time.”

Kibum nodded and wore a big smile.

“You’re right.” 

From then on Jonghyun drove him to his appointment, with Kibum in good spirits and Jonghyun still with his worrying thoughts from earlier.

But never the less he still comforted him the whole way there.

Once they got there Kibum checked in and had his boyfriend sign his paperwork as they waited patiently for him to be called up next.

When he was finally called he grabbed Jonghyun’s hand tightly. He couldn’t get ride of his nervousness.

“Kim Kibum?” The nurse called from the door that led to where he would have his appointment.

Said man jumped slightly at the call of his name.

“You ready?” Jonghyun whispered.

Kibum nodded nervously.

Kibum choose to hold onto Jonghyun’s arm instead of using his cane to guide him. Jonghyun felt his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter