Cutie With the Brown Hair

How You've Changed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Anyone that knows Jonghyun knows how selfish and arrogant he was. Most people couldn't stand to be around, only leaving him with one friend who can still some-what stand to be around him.

His relationship with his family is estranged as well because of his selfish tendencies. He put no effort to be back in contact with them either. 

He didn't care. 

Currently he was being chewed out by his one friend for not coming to his baseball game. 

"I literally told you the date at least twenty times! I got you a ticket and everything! You have no excuses." His friend Minho yelled at him. 

Jonghyun thought he came over to hang out with his friend at his place, not to be chastised. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and rubbed his hand over his forehead. 

"Look I told you I was tired from work..." "God, your such a terrible liar. I know your off on the weekends. This was my last game of the season, you know how much it meant to me. You miss the ceremony and everything." 

To be honest, as much as Minho told him about his upcoming game he did forget. Only because he half listened when Minho told him about it and promised him he would be there with out much sincerity. That day he was just at home lounging around. And when he realized he missed his game he felt a tinge of guiltless, but thought Minho would forgive because he usually did. That's where Minho's problem lies, he was too nice and forgiving. 

That's how their friendship worked. Jonghyun would up and Minho would forgive him. But this time he wasn't sure how forgiving he would be. 

"Your such a jackass. How do you expect to make friends or anything? No wonder your family doesn't talk to you anymore. Your so goddamn selfish." 

He was surprised at how venomous his words were, Minho wasn't ever this mean to anyone. Jonghyun stood up from his seat. 

"Look I said I'm sorry, okay? I don't know what else you want me to do." 

"Get out, just get the hell out." Minho said pointing to his door. 

Jonghyun just shrugged and left. Minho will get over it. Jonghyun left his place and walked down a path that was a twenty minute walk to down town. His phone was vibrating from one of his buddies that he frequently indulged in. Maybe he should go over there tonight? 

He walked down town to a bar to drink a little and distract his mind from the fact that he actually as starting to feel a little more guilty. He entered the bar that he came to often and took a seat at the bar asking for a drink. He just ignored the music and his surroundings not feeling like giving things much attention until he turned his head and saw an extremely attractive young man sitting a few seats away. 

Mmm, perhaps his buddy could wait. "Excuse me." Jonghyun said. 

The young man was sitting looking straight forward, but he slightly turned his head when he heard Jonghyun's voice but turned back around. 

He wants to play hard to get? 

"Aww come on? I just want to talk to you!" He said trying to put on his charm and pouted. But the other guy didn't look at him. 

"Cutie with the brown hair~" 

Jonghyun sang. At this the man turned his head around and Jonghyun saw he had shades on. Why was he wearing shades inside a bar? He had no idea but he thought it was hot. 

"Are you talking to me?" The young man said. 

"Finally got your attention. What's your name?" 

"Umm...who are you...?" 

He answered a question with a question. 

Alright, Jonghyun will have to put in work with this one. 

"Jonghyun. Now what's yours?" He grinned. He watch him twiddle his fingers. "...Kibum..." 

"Kibum? Well Kibum-ssi, how old are you?" He figured he was an adult but he still looked really young. He just wanted to be sure. He checked him out when he first saw him, and boy was he something to look at. Those pants fit his legs perfectly. "Why are you asking me these questions?" He said turning away slightly, he looked suspicious. Jonghyun scoffed. "Im flirting with you. Can't you tell?" He saw the boys cheeks turn red. 

"Oh...umm...I'm twenty one." 

"Your young. I'm twenty two." 

"Your not much older yourself." Kibum smiled shyly as he faced him slowly.

Boy, was it a pretty smile. 

"Touché. So what are you doing here by yourself?" He said trying to put on his 'y face'. But he wasn't sure if the boy was falling for it. It's like he wasn't looking at his face but rather past him. 

"I'm waiting for my friend to get off work so he can take us home. We're roommates." 

"Ahh, that's nice. Well do you have any other plans after this? Instead of going home...?" He tried. 

A one night stand couldn't hurt, this guy was hot. Maybe it should be more than just one night. 

"Uhh...I um...I don't think-" 

"Beat it ." The bartender said to Jonghyun. 

Uhg, Jonghyun knew who that voice belonged to. 

"Oh god, please don't tell me this is your boyfriend or something." Jonghyun sighed. 

"Who Jinki? Hardly, he's my friend I was waiting for." 

"Kibum don't talk this guy. He's the one that comes down here and gets piss drunk and won't leave half the time. And he keeps starting fights!" Jinki spat. 

"Your friend is a kill joy." Jonghyun said ready to stand up and make his leave. "Anyway it was nice meeting you Kibum. Would you like my number...?" 

"Didn't I say to get the out?" Jinki interrupted. 

"Hyung stop being so mean. We were just talking" 

"Yea ok. I'm pretty sure he was trying to do more than just that." Jinki hissed. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and left. That damn bar tender just cost him a night of fun. 

 

#%# 

 

A few days after Jonghyun hadn't heard from Minho or anything. He might have really ed up this time. 

To get his mind off of it he decided to head back to that bar again and try to drink his problems away. He wasn't able to do that last time because that stupid bar tender interrupted him. He walked into the bar and he wanted to thank his lucky stars and kiss the ground of whoever bless him with a second chance. 

Kibum was sitting at the bar again. And no Jinki in sight. Maybe he could excute his move this time. 

"Hello gorgeous." Jonghyun said plopping down next to Kibum. This caused him to jump and whip his head around. 

"Uh Jonghyun is that you?" Kibum asked.

"Don't you recognized this handsome face?" 

Kibum just laughed awkwardly, but didn't answer. 

"You look tempting." Jonghyun said checking him out once again. 

"Thank you, I think." He blushed again. 

"I didn't know you came here often. I'd be more than welcome to accompany you while you wait for your friend." 

"Ah, well just recently we started carpooling. Usually my other friend takes me home. But her car broke down." 

"Your friends are nice." 

"Yea, they do what they can to help me." He said pushing his shades up his nose.

"Tsk, I wouldn't know. I only have one friend anyways." He said under his breathe to himself. 

"Why is that?" 

Jonghyun looked at him funny. How did he hear him? He basically whispered it to himself. How did he hear over the loud music? Did he have super hearing or something? 

"Uh well. I don't know. I'm just not good with people I guess." 

"You seem nice though." Kibum smiled. And did that smile that also came with dimples make Jonghyun want to melt into a pile of gush? 

Yes. Yes it did. 

"That's how he wants you to perceive him. He's really a jackass with no friends. He's here by himself all the time." Jinki said out the blue. 

"Oh god." Jonghyun groaned. 

"Why are you bothering him again? Just leave!" Jinki said with balled fists. He looked like he was ready to swing. And Jonghyun was more than ready for a challenge. 

"Hyung we were just talking..." 

"I told you that you shouldn't talk to people in here."

"And I’ve told you I'm not a child." He said back firmly. 

"Go away, I want to talk to him." Kibum said annoyed. 

Jonghyun smirked at Jinki. 

"Fine. I'm off in thirty though. Do not leave with this guy, okay?" The bar tender said glaring at Jonghyun who still wore a winning smirk on his face. 

"I'm not an idiot." Kibum said. Jonghyun and Kibum continued to converse the rest of the thirty minutes. Jonghyun still didn't get to execute his original plan like he wanted a few nights ago. This one would take work, especially since he had an overly protective and nosey friend. 

 

#%#

 

Jonghyun proceeded to come back every few days to be greeted to Kibum sitting there almost as if he was awaiting him. Jinki still snarled at him whenever he came in. 

Jonghyun's plan was to woo Kibum into his bed and while he was at it, piss off the bar tender. Now something that wasn't in Jonghyun's plan was developing a little crush on him. He might just try this relationship thing. 

"Kibum why don't you drink while your here? You just...sit here. I'm sure since your friend is the bar tender you can get free drinks." Jonghyun said resting his head on his hand studying Kibum face. He did this trying not to do his usual penetrating stare on Kibum's lower half. 

"I don't really drink unless I'm around people I trust. I don't want anyone to take advantage of me while I'm here..." 

"Fair enough." Jonghyun shrugged. 

"You know, you should really take down my number so I can text you." Jonghyun said taking a sip from his drink. 

"I guess so. I don't text though. I usually just talk on the phone." 

"Yea, texting is a hassle sometimes anyway. But~ I don't mind calling because then I can call you to ask you out on a date~" He sang. 

Kibum's mouth made an 'o' shape. "Really?" He said sounding genuinely surprised. He didn't know why he sounded so surprised, with looks like his he'd be sure he got asked out a lot. 

"Yep. We should go eat or something and I don't know...do something after." He said wiggling his eyebrows hoping Kibum would get the hint. But yet again, he never got his subliminal messages. Maybe he was just innocent. He could work with that. 

"That sounds fun actually! I wouldn't mind. Hmm...just write your number down for me and I'll have Jinki put it in my phone." 

"Uhh okay?" 

Why would Jinki do that for him? He wrote his number down and handed it to Kibum who had his hand held out awkwardly waiting for him to drop it in his hand before he put it in his pocket. 

"Excuse me for a second? I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back." Jonghyun nodded. 

He started openly staring at Kibum's as he stood up, but he's eyes traveled over to something that was long red and white. The reflection that bounced off it caught his eye. Kibum grabbed some stick that was sitting on the other side of him where Jonghyun hadn’t spot it. Kibum started tapping the stick around in front of him. 

Jonghyun's eyes grew. 

"Oh Jonghyun. The bathroom is about ten steps straight and three steps to the left, right?" Kibum stopped before he continued walking. Jonghyun nodded without really listening to his question as he stared at Kibum. 

"Right?" Kibum asked again. 

, Kibum couldn't see him nod. 

"Y-yea, yea. It is." He stuttered out. Kibum smiled at him before he continued walking. Jonghyun just sat there awe struck. He felt a hand reached forward and yank his collar. 

"I don't know what your intentions are with him, but I think I should put a stop to it now." Jinki said gripping his collar tightly. "W-wait wait wait...Is Kibum...blind?" He whispered. 

Jinki release him and laughed. 

"God Jonghyun, I knew you were an idiot but not this damn stupid." Now he was putting the pieces together. 

The shades, why he didn't realize he was talking to him when they first met, the way he never looked directly at him whenever he spoke, why he didn't text, why he said Jinki would put his number in for him. Jonghyun was an idiot. 

A very inattentive idiot. 

"Oh ." He whispered to himself. "What's wrong?" Kibum's voice rang behind him. 

"Eh? Oh nothing nothing! Haha nothing's wrong!" He said awkwardly.

 "Okay Kibum I'm off. Let's go." Jinki said coming from behind the counter as he clocked out. 

"Okay, I'll see you later Jonghyun. And call me to set that date okay?" Kibum said smiling his oh-so pretty smile. 

"Yep!" He managed to choke out in a nervous high pitched voice. 

What did he get himself into?

 

 #%# 

 

Jonghyun hadn't gone back to the bar or seen Kibum since. After a while Kibum even gave him a call asking how he was and if he still wanted to go on the date. Jonghyun panicked and ended up giving him an unsure answer. He definitely felt like a jackass now. He needed help. He needed someone else's opinion. 

"Minho!" He yelled into the phone.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter