♡8♡

COLD LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We are on different league.” A co-worker said teasingly when Naeun walks lazily to her work place. She looks at her and try to smile. “What do we have today?” She diverts the topic and the other shoves her away.

“Tell us. How did you guys end up getting married?” She persistently asked and Naeun is close to answer before her phone rang. Thanking God, she answers only to sighs deeply after. It’s her husband.

“Vice President call?” a male staff asks and she nods, trying to appear as happy as she could. “I’ll be right back for the briefing.” She said. “It’s fine, Madam. We will send you a video recording. Just hurry go to Vice President.”

“Okay.” Naeun answers though she doesn’t like the new title they give her. She shouldn’t delay the briefing too. “Here. Some topic to be done this month.” Naeun passed a thumb drive to one of them. “I try to join if the meeting with Vice President done early.”

The other giggles but Naeun doesn’t want to entertain them. “This is our workplace. We should be professional.” she chants as her heels click to her husband office.

“You called?” She asks and he nods; now smiling at her. “Remember the housing project that will be launch next week?” He asks and Naeun nods, acknowledging. “I’ve done all the necessities needed for the launching.”

“I know.” He said, still smiling. “I have to let you know that I gave one unit for your parents.” Naeun wrinkles her forehead. “Why?” Her voice tremble. “Our house. They are still fine.”

“It’s okay. I just want to show how much I am thankful to them.”

“But you gave us too much. Don’t you think it’s.”

“Naeun.” Kai cuts her and walks closer to Naeun. She looks at him now. “I changed. And I don’t need you to repay me with anything.” He said almost like a whisper. “Please let me.” Kai said those with pleading eyes.

“I want the best for all of us. I am a bad guy I know. But Naeun, I am a new person now. Since I realize I am in love with you.” Kai said melancholically. Naeun shuts her eyes. It’s tiring for her. All this luxury. 

“Okay.” She said finally. “Thank you. But I wish this will be the last thing you do for my family. Being married to you don’t give me right to enjoy your wealth.” Naeun said and Kai sighs again.

“I’m not flaunting my wealth Naeun ah. I promised your mother.”

“Mother?” Naeun cuts him. Her eyes widen. “Did she ask you anything?” she asks, her voice shakes. “Marrying Kai will be the best choice.” She remember her mother says this before. Naeun almost chuckles.

“She really is enjoying this huh.” Kai went closer to her. “Naeun. It’s me who want to give.” He explained but she chuckles. “Of course. You guys must have talk a lot.” She hugs her body, feels ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter