Both Sides // lisoo

a.m.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­

"What's the iest thing about her?" the interviewer asks as Jisoo looks from behind the camera to the blonde seated across her, smiling and bobbing her head to the music playing against her ears–it's probably Doja Cat, again. "Her arms, obviously," she replies with a laugh, making the blonde's smile widen.

-

The video transition to an opening animation. There's a whistle as the logo for BLACKPINK TV appears then it vanishes as the words Both Sides fade in. Two women walk into the frame and take seats on the two chairs provided in the middle, facing each other. On the right is a tall blonde with lanky frame, her hair up in a neat ponytail complete with her ever present bangs. She wears a simple white ringer tee with mickey mouse face on it, coupled with a baggy yellow Balenciaga zip-up jacket. She match her  top with a high waisted black straight jeans with the hems rolled up. Her ensemble is completed with sneakers and rainbow high socks and a sunshine-like grin that is as colourful as her outfit.

On the right is a dark-haired woman, her lips a nice shade of coral. There is a small smile on her lips–almost secretive, a little playful maybe, and she ducks her head and glances at the blonde who laughs. She wears a sky blue cardigan that accentuate her smile, her hair neat with a headband, along with a comfortable black ripped jeans finished with an elegant  Dior choker adorning her neck and black suede pumps with heels that could definitely kill. She takes the pair of large headphones on her seat along with a phone, sits down, and put the items on her lap.

A text appears: We asked couples individually to get both sides of their story, it reads, before the video cuts to a close up of the blonde. She beams and waves with both hands to the camera.

"HI! My name is Lalisa Manoban," she greets. "I'm 22."

The video then cuts to the raven-haired woman. She grins at the camera too, showing a perfect set of white teeth and heart-shaped smile, and waves her fingers in greeting. "And I'm Kim Jisoo, 24 years old," she says with another heartwarming smile and awkward chuckle as Lisa's snort is heard in response of her greeting.

-

The frame cuts to the both of the again, sitting in front of each other. They both look to the side as the interviewer asks a question, and the text appears on the screen. How long have you  been dating?, it reads.

The couple meet gazes then.

"Two years."

"Two years and 3 weeks."

The raven- haired woman chukles and Lisa grins proudly back at her.

The video cuts to Jisoo putting on headphones. They are big and bright yellow, Jisoo glanced back up at Lisa after she finished on choosing a song.

"Can you hear me?" Jisoo shakes her head to the sides," Wait what?" Lisa says flabbergasted.

"I thought she is not supposed to be able to hear me?" she asks, facing the interviewer in question. Jisoo squints her eyes in confusion.

"I can't hear anything."

"wh-oh oh okay." Lisa chuckles out, shoulder sagging in relief. She then mouths something to Jisoo, causing her to smile softly, and Jisoo mouths the same words too.

-

With the two of them back in the frame, the video stills on the question How did you get together? for a few moments before it plays again. Lisa looks at the camera and ducks her head bashfully as Jisoo chuckles at the reaction while  looking at her questioningly.

"Jisoo unnie, asked me out," She says." We were on a vacation to Thailand to film BLACKPINK HOUSE, and then I remember us visiting Koh Samui." She stops and looks at Jisoo ."Then she visit my room when Chaeyoung was out somewhere shopping with Jennie unnie and, uh, she suddenly sang the spongebob Ripped Pants song and I remember singing along with her for no reason and she was just being so smooth. it was so out of the blue!" Lisa exclaims with a wistful smile gracing her features." I mean,  we became quiet after the song and then she was like, do you want to be the Patrick to my Spongebob?"

"She's weird, under all that poised looking clothes you'll think she's the normal one. But, she's my kind of weird." Lisa then shoot finger guns at Jisoo as the said person dodges the imaginary bullets while the interviewer laughs.

-

"Oh my god, it's Doja Cat! Ye I'm a cow..." Lisa exclaims as she taps on the phone. She beams and shows Jisoo the playlist (it's basically rap songs), then starts to bob her head and doing weird hand motion to the music, waving her arms in exaggerated manner. Jisoo rolls her eyes dramatically and looks to the camera.

"Yes, unfortunately, she's always this embarrassing," she says with a straight face.

-

Lisa has the headphones this time. Jisoo chuckles when she hears the question. "Did she tell you about the cartoon thingy?" She asks the interviewer who offers no response, it isn't needed though because one look at Lisa's cheeky smile and she knows. "Ah yeah, so that happens...it was perfect though. In my defence, if she decided to reject me I could just say it as a best friend kind of thing, you know? But I'll definitely be sad." She says with an exaggerated pout at Lisa making her coo at the rare display of anything that resembles cuteness from Jisoo.

"She was wonderful. She said yes to me and like it was one of the happiest days in my life..." She bites her lip, as if collecting her thoughts. "She kissed my cheek and I remember blushing so hard about it" She laughs and the blonde bursts out laughing despite the head phones and starts nodding as if she heard. "We did end the night by watching Spongebob though, so that was even better." She lets out a sigh, soft and dreamy, and her smile turns fond as she takes a moment to look at Lisa who returns her smile.

-

The next question appears over a scene of Lisa handing the head phones back to Jisoo, pausing to tell her a lame pun. Jisoo snorts and both of them laughs, and Lisa's grin is so wide, like a child given his or her favourite play toy.

Who said I love you first?

-

"She did." Lisa confesses, a wistful smile appearing on her face. "We were laying on my bed, and I was sleeping, I mean, I was kind of sleeping? Like you know when you were about to sleep but you're not exactly asleep yet? Yes- yes that's what I mean." She says with a laugh, and when she looks at Jisoo, she was already looking at her with a funny expression as she tilts her head mouthing what? with an amused smile. "Then she said it." Lisa says as she sticks her tongue out.

-

Jisoo shakes her head fondly and smiles to herself, as if the sheer recall of the memory of this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter